Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 12:39 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,246,629 times

Advertisements

He's your husband. You should be able to come to him with any problem you have without fear of upsetting him or not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 12:44 PM

52,367 posts, read 52,836,239 times
How old is he? You should be able to say things to him, without him getting his little feelers all upset.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:49 PM

5 posts, read 6,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I am guessing here then that he doesn`t bother to ask you if you had an "O" during your session. If he does, do not lie to him. Tell him the truth.
</p>
Yes, I have lied before. Nothing over the top, I've just been vague like "I love you" or something like that. I guess I could be more upfront in the moment as opposed to waiting until later to try and talk about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
How old is he?

Old 10-16-2011, 01:04 PM

22,405 posts, read 29,529,040 times
What about maybe the two of you going to a sex store together?? That way he wouldn't feel so threatened and he could feel like he's part of it? Just an idea

Old 10-16-2011, 01:06 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,586,859 times
Not meaning to sound mean but he sounds like he thinks if he got off, then you did too, or should have. Had a female friend with the same problem and ended up keeping a couple "little buddies" hidden around the bedroom for while he was at work. But, to hear him talk, their sex life is the greatest in the world. She got tired of all the arguments they had about this in private, she finally decided to grin and bear it, and keep plenty of AA batteries on hand.
I hope things work out better for you!! Like I told the friend, you deserve better than that.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:21 PM

5,988 posts, read 10,487,658 times
He's insulted by the idea of being inadequate, yet, he IS inadequate because he doesn't care enough about your satisfaction. You can leave things alone and keep your toys a secret, or you have to confront him and tell him that his technique is indeed inadequate, but you know he can do better if he wants to do so. If he doesn't want to learn and try, then you can decide what to do, but without truth, he can't change. Change can be hard, long, and painful, but is often worthwhile, especially if you do love each other and want a complete and satisfying relationship.

Take the risk and demand he listen and change, is my opinion.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,253,043 times
Was he the same before/when you married him? If he wasn't, then he's just being selfish and he takes you for granted. If he was, the logical question would be: why did you marry him...? However, it's too late for that. If that's the case, my opinion is it's hopeless... Some think otherwise.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:39 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,100,342 times
Have you tried "directing" him during the act?

Something like "ohhh, right there...that's it...keep going" or just take his hands and do what you want done to you. Or do to yourself what you want him to do...and then tell him "like this"

Suggest he change positions mid-way, before he has an orgasm.

Tell him to go faster, slower, harder..etc...

Tell him what you want done to you.

This way you aren't telling him he's terrible, but you are giving him the tools to make it fantastic for you as well.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:47 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,573,097 times
This is why I believe you should test out the ride before you buy it. I've seen many marriages fair because of this situation. It might be good for a while but it seems to go south at some point. Some people tend to believe that sex isn't important in a relationship. I disagree this one reason why people tend to cheat.

I'm not saying that you should cheat on him if he doesn't listen like other have suggested then it's time not to be nice about it.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:22 PM

116 posts, read 153,590 times
1. He'll last longer if he 'cleans the pipes' earlier in the day, before the two of you are together.

2. Try using one of those Kama Sutra 'love jellies' that warms and increases blood flow when applied. Apply it to your "area", give it a few minutes to work its magic, and you'll be halfway there before he even enters the room.

3. Try getting him a little excited in whatever way usually works, then pull back and guide his hands / mouth / etc. to wherever they will get you excited. Continue the back and forth, taking turns, until you're both ready to finish. This should make it clear to him that if he wants you to do for him, he'll have to do for you, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships