Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 06:20 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,815,760 times

Advertisements

Making a very long story short.....I met this man black man almost 6mts ago at my part-time job(he's no longer there btw)....We are both late 30's with no kids....Anywho...sta rted to talking to this man, got to know him real well......went out here and there for drinks/dinner. Come to find out he was adopted by "white" parents.....Im like Ok..they adopted you, they raised you and loved you as their own...Thats cool...Thats your family...Ok.. Also found out that the majority of his friends were white....and that most of his girlfriends have been white...Still Cool with that...after all they are his past....After a month of dating, noticed that he had not kissed me or tried to anything....Finally after 2 mths of dating..I do get a quick peck on the lips.....Im like WOw....ok. Dont' sweat it though......After feeling comfortable with him...i finally invite him over to the crib..(Yes Im thinking maybe I'll get some...Yes its been a while.)...But did he didnt try anything no...didnt even kiss me...So Im like hmm....Im finally upfront with him and ask him about our situation....He says we will get together soon....Im like ok...but still after a couple of months of periodical dating...we still havent crossed the line. He's finally upfront with me and decide he just not feeling the physicality of the relationship....I've moved on...but just thought to myself how could he just string me along like that...Honestly...ma ybe jumping the gun...Is it possible that he had never been with a black woman....Just dont know what to think......? He reacted like no other "BRUH" I know..... Was really being sympathetic to his past and situations....I mean..I'll work with a brotha....but really think I got the 'shaft" in this situation.....Yes we stared out as really good friends..but got to know him a little better...and yes maybe I did fall for him...and Yes I did ask his intentions early on..... WTF happened....We no longer physically go out...but he texts me weekly.....to say hi and talk for a bit.....Really want to cut him loose because its not healthy for me..What do you think?

Last edited by westcoastbabe; 10-19-2011 at 06:31 AM..

Old 10-19-2011, 06:33 AM

461 posts, read 783,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Making a very long story short.....I met this man black man almost 6mts ago at my part-time job(he's no longer there btw)....We are both late 30's with no kids....Anywho...sta rted to talking to this man, got to know him real well......went out here and there for drinks/dinner. Come to find out he was adopted by "white" parents.....Im like Ok..they adopted you, they raised you and loved you as their own...Thats cool...Thats your family...Ok.. Also found out that the majority of his friends were white....and that most of his girlfriends have been white...Still Cool with that...after all they are his past....After a month of dating, noticed that he had not kissed me or tried to anything....Finally after 2 mths of dating..I do get a quick peck on the lips.....Im like WOw....ok. Dont' sweat it though......After feeling comfortable with him...i finally invite him over to the crib..(Yes Im thinking maybe I'll get some...Yes its been a while.)...But did he didnt try anything no...didnt even kiss me...So Im like hmm....Im finally upfront with him and ask him about our situation....He says we will get together soon....Im like ok...but still after a couple of months of periodical dating...we still havent crossed the line. He's finally upfront with me and decide he just not feeling the physicality of the relationship....I've moved on...but just thought to myself how could he just string me along like that...Honestly...ma ybe jumping the gun...Is it possible that he had never been with a black woman....Just dont know what to think......? He reacted like no other "BRUH" I know..... Was really being sympathetic to his past and situations....I mean..I'll work with a brotha....but really think I got the 'shaft" in this situation.
Actually, no and that's the problem. Don't have a clue but the lack of physical affection would have made me find out from him what the issue was rather than go to a forum for answers.

Hey, look on the bright side, he might be gay!

Old 10-19-2011, 06:38 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,449,285 times
Post a photo then I will tell you what is up

Old 10-19-2011, 06:43 AM

10,182 posts, read 20,821,808 times
It almost sounds as though he didn't think you two were dating. Maybe he thought you guys were strictly friends all this time, and when you leaned in for a kiss it took him back. Regardless, I don't think he sees you as anything more than a friend.

Whether or not his lack of interest is due to race, I couldn't say.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:43 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,133,106 times
The world should end because you didn't get some. Be for real; you have a good man who respects himself and you enough to want to wait and you're going to leave him over not giving you none? Wow...you lost for this. Shakes Head

Old 10-19-2011, 06:48 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,395,649 times
Couldn't say. Do you know for a fact that he's never dated black women? I'd say ask him why specifically the physicality didn't work out.

Then just forget him and move on.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:49 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,941,337 times
I think you are reading WAY too much into this.

There are a number of possibilities.

1/ He's gay.
2/ He's a virgin
3/ he's just very shy around women, and isn't 100% sure that a "move" would be reciprocated
4/ He has been well raised, and is a gentleman, and does not want to rush you.
5/ about a million more, which would take an eternity to type up.

As has been suggested before, you need to ask him, not the internet. Sad fact as it is, we can't answer for him.

Is it because I'm black............ honestly !!!

(wanders away, shaking head and muttering)...............................

Quote:
Making a very long story short.....I met this man black man almost 6mts ago at my part-time job(he's no longer there btw)....We are both late 30's with no kids....Anywho...sta rted to talking to this man, got to know him real well......went out here and there for drinks/dinner. Come to find out he was adopted by "white" parents.....Im like Ok..they adopted you, they raised you and loved you as their own...Thats cool...Thats your family...Ok.. Also found out that the majority of his friends were white....and that most of his girlfriends have been white...Still Cool with that...after all they are his past....After a month of dating, noticed that he had not kissed me or tried to anything....Finally after 2 mths of dating..I do get a quick peck on the lips.....Im like WOw....ok. Dont' sweat it though......After feeling comfortable with him...i finally invite him over to the crib..(Yes Im thinking maybe I'll get some...Yes its been a while.)...But did he didnt try anything no...didnt even kiss me...So Im like hmm....Im finally upfront with him and ask him about our situation....He says we will get together soon....Im like ok...but still after a couple of months of periodical dating...we still havent crossed the line. He's finally upfront with me and decide he just not feeling the physicality of the relationship....I've moved on...but just thought to myself how could he just string me along like that...Honestly...ma ybe jumping the gun...Is it possible that he had never been with a black woman....Just dont know what to think......? He reacted like no other "BRUH" I know..... Was really being sympathetic to his past and situations....I mean..I'll work with a brotha....but really think I got the 'shaft" in this situation.....Yes we stared out as really good friends..but got to know him a little better...and yes maybe I did fall for him...and Yes I did ask his intentions early on..... WTF happened....We no longer physically go out...but he texts me weekly.....to say hi and talk for a bit.....Really want to cut him loose because its not healthy for me..What do you think?

Old 10-19-2011, 06:54 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,815,760 times
Thanks for the replies....Please do not judge me because I wanted to take the physicality of the relationship to the next stage...I am a single woman with needs and feelings....Yes maybe it was a mistake....Yes we started out as really good friends..but got to know him a little better...and yes maybe I did fall for him...and Yes I did ask his intentions early on.....We no longer physically go out...but he texts me weekly.....to say hi and talk for a bit.....Really want to cut him loose because its not healthy for me..What do you think?..

Old 10-19-2011, 07:06 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,229,776 times
Quote:
Thanks for the replies....Please do not judge me because I wanted to take the physicality of the relationship to the next stage...I am a single woman with needs and feelings....Yes maybe it was a mistake....Yes we started out as really good friends..but got to know him a little better...and yes maybe I did fall for him...and Yes I did ask his intentions early on.....We no longer physically go out...but he texts me weekly.....to say hi and talk for a bit.....Really want to cut him loose because its not healthy for me..What do you think?..
Nothing wrong with wanting to take it to the next level physically and you gave him adequate time to make a move....

Cut off contact, he seems to be keeping you around as an option for later.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:15 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,991,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
The world should end because you didn't get some. Be for real; you have a good man who respects himself and you enough to want to wait and you're going to leave him over not giving you none? Wow...you lost for this. Shakes Head
I reckon you barely read the original post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.