Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 06:48 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
The actual in it for nothing but the money girl is uncommon but they are out there. Sticking with girls who have something on the ball themselves is a good idea because they need not put up with you unless they want to and its always wise to hide your income somewhat. Walking around with a bullseye on your back is a pretty good way to ensure that someone puts one in the black.
Very true; there is no need to advertise your income, unless you want to be someone's target.
As far as if men being ok with this, I don't think all of them are. I know a really good guy that is just finding out his stay at home wife is now demanding all kinds of things. He had no idea she was going to be like this as soon as the ring was put on her finger. So I feel bad for him, and also realizing why men can be so bitter sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 07:36 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Anyone beside me will look like a gold digger, unless she makes more than 200.

So I find this gold digger thing to be a smear campaign by underdog men who take it out on women who go for the non-underdog kind of men.

That said, I believe true gold diggers are the ones who go for wrinkled millionaires like Murdoch or Anna Nicole's grandpa husband despite being less than half the age. What business do they have with a man who can't even be sure about erection and needs meds for it. Not buying the true love bogus.

Anyway, this wasn't my idea. A rich guy told me that when we were both on the same plane. After a long chat about everything about me and him, he said, "Next to us, anyone's a gold digger".

Old 10-24-2011, 07:44 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
That man works in wall street and has a million dollar home in Bronxville up in Westchester. Anything in Bronxville is crazy. And his story is a classic case of the gold digger for the casual observer.

He is in the 50s and his girlfriend in the late 40s.

She lives in an apartment with her 2 teen kids and this man is literally inheriting all of it and the expenses that go with it.

The guy has his own teen kids too. If he is so bold about this venture, that shows the amount of money he has

So I am thinking - how many times would that lady be questioned by this guy's family and friends, if she is truly in love with him or his money? I can't imagine that kind of stress, but they seemed a pair very much in love. She's a gold digger? I don't know. Next to him, any woman's a gold digger potentially.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:37 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
That man works in wall street and has a million dollar home in Bronxville up in Westchester. Anything in Bronxville is crazy. And his story is a classic case of the gold digger for the casual observer.

He is in the 50s and his girlfriend in the late 40s.

She lives in an apartment with her 2 teen kids and this man is literally inheriting all of it and the expenses that go with it.

The guy has his own teen kids too. If he is so bold about this venture, that shows the amount of money he has

So I am thinking - how many times would that lady be questioned by this guy's family and friends, if she is truly in love with him or his money? I can't imagine that kind of stress, but they seemed a pair very much in love. She's a gold digger? I don't know. Next to him, any woman's a gold digger potentially.
If it works for them, then it's nobody else's business
I'm talking more about the unsuspecting romantic guy that really gets blindsided by how quickly everything can turn around. Like what I'm witnessing. The guy is a good man- gave her everything she wanted. Even spent $80,000 on their wedding. Now that it's all on paper, she's a whole different person. It's an expensive lesson for him, I guess...
(BTW, he is also way better looking than her, also--so it's not like she got him by being smoking hot)

Last edited by believe007; 10-24-2011 at 09:20 AM..

Old 10-24-2011, 08:56 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,284,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
The actual in it for nothing but the money girl is uncommon but they are out there. Sticking with girls who have something on the ball themselves is a good idea because they need not put up with you unless they want to and its always wise to hide your income somewhat. Walking around with a bullseye on your back is a pretty good way to ensure that someone puts one in the black.
Very good point. I think most women have figured out that the guys that flaunt their wealth and brag about how much money they make, do so because that's one of their few attributes. They are okay with attracting gold-diggers because they lack what is needed to attract anyone else.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:15 AM

1,775 posts, read 3,784,719 times
Ehh...women want a man that can at least support his end of the relationship and be somewhat generous with his $$ in terms of gifts, spending power, etc..does that mean all women are gold diggers, though??

I see that phenomenon less each day as womens mags encourage female empowerment and the rate at which women now dominate former male dominated careers increase (business, medicine, law, etc). I had a friend growing up who was obsessed with finding a rich husband..she would wear expensive clothes and accessories, frequent high end bars and clubs in the hopes she would rub necks with some rich or powerful guy..,the girl had nothing going for her, was a college drop out, not very smart and average looking..so I think if a guy wants to blow his dough on vapid women like that, then he deserves what he gets..

Most women dont look at guys as just walking dollar signs anymore because we have as much opportunities to achieve those financial perks just as much as men do..the only difference being that women who aspire to be Stay at Home mothers probably have more invested in their search for daddy warbucks..

Old 10-24-2011, 09:17 AM

525 posts, read 899,659 times
The rich man will get the golddigger and although beautiful she will earn every penny. Who wants to live like that?

Old 10-24-2011, 09:51 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times
Gotta love gold diggers, how else can you call a hooker your girlfriend!

Old 10-24-2011, 07:56 PM

663 posts, read 1,081,835 times
I have a male relative who hasn't worked in years and has always gotten by doing the minimum; he's in his early 50's. His wife inherited a lot of money maybe 8-9 years ago and they bought a duplex with some of the money, they rent out both sides.....he's a "landlord" now, lol. Mostly he sits on his butt and has gained a lot of weight; his wife went back to work FT because they overspent but still have some. He readily admits to being a gold digger, seems proud of it in a weird way. To each his own but.....

My dad passed away earlier this month, he was only 60. He was not rich but quite comfortable. He had a much, much younger GF who liked to spend money and they spent away what would have been his estate. I received his $16K+ hospital bill today, covered the last two days he was alive. There's nothing left to pay it with. A year ago there would have been far more than enough, now his estate is insolvent.

My dad's GF was a gold digger but it takes two and my dad wasn't naive to that. They both knew what they were doing and what they were getting out of it. From what I can tell, he also treated her poorly most the time.....helluva price to pay for a guy who once had some money in the bank. At first I wanted to say something to her about the mess she and my dad left me with, more liabilities than assets, but I'm sure she wouldn't give a hoot.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:08 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,060 times
I think you might be surprised how often peoples estates come to nothing pug, especially if there is a long illness involved. Sorry about your dad, 60 is way too young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships