Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 02:55 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times

Advertisements

that make you proud or encourage you to be a better person yourself.

I'll go first...

Yesterday my husband was putting gas in his car when he noticed a woman on the other side of the island frantically searching the interior of her car.

She had already pumped her gas but apparently couldn't find her wallet and was visibly upset. He went into the store to pay for his own gas and asked the clerk to add her gas to his bill. Then he just quietly left
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 03:01 PM

29,753 posts, read 34,428,618 times
Aw, that's awesome. One hopes that she paid it forward.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:17 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Aw, that's awesome. One hopes that she paid it forward.
Thanks, I hope so too

Old 11-01-2011, 01:11 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,202,733 times
That's really awesome.

Once I get some money rolling in I may start doing more nice stuff like that :P

Old 11-01-2011, 02:15 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,014,927 times
My ex drove a hundred miles an hour for 5 miles chasing down a guy in a pick-up who kidnapped a woman off the street and after the pick-up drove into a snow bank, told him to let her out of the truck. The police were then flagged down. Sounds like a bit tale huh? Nope, I was a passenger in the car and I was egging him on to catch him. We could see the driver hitting the woman as she tried to jump out and when he later walked back to his truck to let her out, I was scared half to death he was going to come back with a shotgun and blow us both away. But he let her out. The police found another woman's purse and I.D. in his truck but he was still released two days later. That was 33 years ago. He has probably left a trail of dead people by now. It was the bravest thing I ever saw my (then) husband do.

(Classy hubby, lovesMountains )

Old 11-01-2011, 02:15 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,193,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
That's really awesome.

Once I get some money rolling in I may start doing more nice stuff like that :P
In the mean time, send some REPS my way!

j/k

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LoveMts,

That was too classy of a move on your hubbys part!

Old 11-01-2011, 02:16 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,193,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

I'll go first...

Yesterday my husband was putting gas in his car when he noticed a woman on the other side of the island frantically searching the interior of her car.

She had already pumped her gas but apparently couldn't find her wallet and was visibly upset. He went into the store to pay for his own gas and asked the clerk to add her gas to his bill. Then he just quietly left
I'll hit ya the next go around!

NOTE TO Self: Send reps to LM,

Old 11-01-2011, 06:16 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,681,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

I'll go first...

What a nice gesture on his part! Around here, you can`t get any gas unless you Prepay.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:14 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,410,209 times
My wife is really good about doing what needs to get done. I am really easily drawn into the 'I don't feel like that right now' hole...but she always does what is supposed to be done without complaining or even seeming like it is unpleasant. It makes me want to be better about doing my duty without whining.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:21 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,747,943 times
My husband and I were driving home last week and he saw a bird in the middle of the road. He immediately pulled over and ran over to it. I threw him his sweatshirt and he scooped it up. Once we got it home he realised it was a pigeon with an injured leg. The poor bird was wet and smelled horrible. Hubby researched pigeons, went out and got food, feed the bird, cleaned him up then nursed him back to health for a week, caring for the wound on its leg.

He let him fly off a couple of days ago. He cried.

I love my tender hearted husband so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships