Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 09:00 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,772,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
My ex drove a hundred miles an hour for 5 miles chasing down a guy in a pick-up who kidnapped a woman off the street and after the pick-up drove into a snow bank, told him to let her out of the truck. The police were then flagged down. Sounds like a bit tale huh? Nope, I was a passenger in the car and I was egging him on to catch him. We could see the driver hitting the woman as she tried to jump out and when he later walked back to his truck to let her out, I was scared half to death he was going to come back with a shotgun and blow us both away. But he let her out. The police found another woman's purse and I.D. in his truck but he was still released two days later. That was 33 years ago. He has probably left a trail of dead people by now. It was the bravest thing I ever saw my (then) husband do.

(Classy hubby, lovesMountains )

WOW!! You and your ex were so brave!

Good for you for being so willing to get involved
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
My husband and I were driving home last week and he saw a bird in the middle of the road. He immediately pulled over and ran over to it. I threw him his sweatshirt and he scooped it up. Once we got it home he realised it was a pigeon with an injured leg. The poor bird was wet and smelled horrible. Hubby researched pigeons, went out and got food, feed the bird, cleaned him up then nursed him back to health for a week, caring for the wound on its leg.

He let him fly off a couple of days ago. He cried.

I love my tender hearted husband so much.
That is so awesome!

I always appreciate people who just cannot turn their back on an animal in need

Old 11-01-2011, 09:50 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,764,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
that make you proud or encourage you to be a better person yourself.

I'll go first...

Yesterday my husband was putting gas in his car when he noticed a woman on the other side of the island frantically searching the interior of her car.

She had already pumped her gas but apparently couldn't find her wallet and was visibly upset. He went into the store to pay for his own gas and asked the clerk to add her gas to his bill. Then he just quietly left
Such amazing and very inspiring stories, LovesMountains and Djuna! Thx for sharing!

Old 11-01-2011, 11:09 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,197,976 times
When I offered a very recently homeless man in our community our downstairs bedroom without asking him, he supported me. My husband is a freaking saint for putting up with me.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:11 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,197,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
That's really awesome.

Once I get some money rolling in I may start doing more nice stuff like that :P
Nice doesn't always take money. Sometimes time is enough if you have that. Hope your money woes are over soon.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:28 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Quote:
that make you proud or encourage you to be a better person yourself.

I'll go first...

Yesterday my husband was putting gas in his car when he noticed a woman on the other side of the island frantically searching the interior of her car.

She had already pumped her gas but apparently couldn't find her wallet and was visibly upset. He went into the store to pay for his own gas and asked the clerk to add her gas to his bill. Then he just quietly left
Ha, this must be one trusting state!

I always use credit cards, but I don't believe you can pump anything here before showing some sort of payment beforehand...

Anyway, that's sweet of your husband, LM!

Old 11-01-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha, this must be one trusting state!

I always use credit cards, but I don't believe you can pump anything here before showing some sort of payment beforehand...

Anyway, that's sweet of your husband, LM!
Gotta love rural, small town America

Old 11-01-2011, 12:35 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,413,475 times
Ya I thought that was interesting that the lady in the Op was allowed to pump her gas before paying. It used to be that way in AZ, but not anymore.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:12 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,013,833 times
Quote:
WOW!! You and your ex were so brave!

Good for you for being so willing to get involved
Thanks but if you want the truth....brave my a**! My husband, yes, but I was absolutely freaking out in the car. I think I'd have lost it if he hadn't drove into a snow bank because I know we wouldn't have caught up to him.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
When I offered a very recently homeless man in our community our downstairs bedroom without asking him, he supported me. My husband is a freaking saint for putting up with me.
He sounds like a very supportive guy, good for you

I personally believe that if each one of us just did what we could when we come across situations of need, then the whole world would be a better place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships