Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 12:39 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,149,676 times

Advertisements

Im 35, And single..I usually go to museums and related events, esp to keep up with the job (Hotel Concierge) Also enjoy movies, pubs, and live music venues. Most of the folks I meet are younger, Or 8-10 years older. I find it's nice to mingle as long as the people are cool. Just pick someplace that sounds fun and interesting and head out. Take a buddy, Or..go Solo. Solo ventures can be interesting, And many people do this.

Summers are best, With day trips and BBQ''s. I find it's easier to meet people (Esp women) during this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 10:50 PM

405 posts, read 1,281,725 times
I like to go out to the forest and/or mountains and do mountain hiking. But, also, when in a more solemn mood, I like to go to the forest or mountains and pray and meditate. Sometimes, I think the best place for a single person is out in the beauty of nature being saturated with the omnipotence of God's beautiful creation.

Being, somewhat European in nature, I do like going to coffeeshops and cafes for a bit, but I don't spend too much time at these places.

Overall, I am turned off by night clubs, bars and other new agey social events. The dating game is just too much of a headache for an overworked and outdated/old-fashioned, religious-oriented person like myself.

Volunteering sounds great, but not many opportunities here in Idaho. I did some volunteer work in Africa and enjoy doing humanitarian ventures. As I become an older single-person, humanitarian ventures become more and more appealing. It seems if you are not devoting your life to another single person (a spouse), that you start to feel a need to devote your life to the greater good of humanity. Well, that is how I feel anyway.

Poetry groups sound very intriguing to me, but once again, I'm in Idaho, good luck finding any type of poetry group accepting new members. There is a poetry slam type of event, but it's way too mainstream and fast pace for me. I somewhat miss the smaller type of poetry groups that existed in Portland. Oh well, cannot have everything.

Language groups are another appealing way to interact and meet people of different cultures and also a lot of fun. However, once again I'm in Idaho Spanish groups are all that are offered and I have little interest in Mexican culture or learning Spanish. That is not to say I don't respect people from that culture, but it has little interest to me. In reality, same goes for the mainstream redneck/hipster cultures here. I have little interest in those cultures as well. I have a much greater yearning to learn Italian, French, Russian, my native Hebrew language (non-existent in Idaho) or many other different languages. Places like Seattle and Portland have a good number of these groups.. I wish I could find one here in Idaho

Oh well, the mountains here in Idaho blow away the ones in Oregon.

Last edited by MysticalDream; 11-02-2011 at 10:59 PM..

Old 11-03-2011, 12:31 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,490,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post

These people usually hang-out at a club called Streeter's; which is basically a club of mostly guys trying to get women where the setting is just electric dance music...just not my place.

Bummer.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:01 PM

34 posts, read 65,434 times
Usually tour the many free museums here in DC or take long drives. Check out new stores and new shopping areas and also explore with my camera. I think DC does get old after a while and you can only see the same thing so many times.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,649,143 times
I live in a college town and once I hit 25 I realized I'm considered a spinster by most of the folks around. You're either a yout and carefree college student or you're married with a family so it can be hard to meet people in their late 20s-early 30s.

I fly planes and most of the people I meet are older gentleman (60 plus). I explore quite a bit but I'm usually with one of my male friends and that isnt exactly conducive to meeting other men

I also frequent hole-in-the-wall dive bars because I like meeting odd people, and I rarely find men my age in that environment. I guess I'm not really good at the 'finding a date' thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships