Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 05:50 PM

786 posts, read 1,176,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Again, Shuke, you can't always get what you want from people. I will do neither. But if you're interested, it was somewhere in this long thread following someone saying what if she hooked up with the pool boy.

And to be quite frank, and I'm not being judgmental on this one because I've done it myself, but you're using the tactic of trying to zone in on semantics, wording or some other micro nonsignificant piece of information in order to avoid the bigger situation. If you're THAT interested in exactly what YOU said ( )...go back and look it up. I'm too lazy for that and it's not my life. If it were and I were really interested, I'd do my own footwork on it.
No, pal, I can't look up what I never said. You said I said something that I didn't. When I asked you to back it up, you couldn't do it. So you get the lame excuse you don't feel like looking it up. I never said what you say I did.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Here are some of your words. You must have forgotten them.
So what's your point? I drove home and signed on before I went to football practice. I'm back now. I don't want to debate my personal life with you people anymore, but if I am to be misquoted and slammed around, I reserve the right to defend myself.

Fwiw, I do have very serious personal problems. I am in therapy, my wife is in therapy, and my kid is in therapy. Not a pretty situation.

Glad you're having fun with it.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Shuke-
You seem to conveniently forget what you have posted a lot.
In one post you had said that you and your wife don't drink and take drugs. A few posts down the line, you said she takes drugs for her bipolar along with sleeping pills, etc.
Do I really have to qualify my statement that we don't take illegal drugs? Would you have called me on the carpet for this if I had said we also take Motrin and antihistamines? We don't take illegal drugs, OK? Clear enough? All drugs my wife takes are legally prescribed.

Quote:
You also seem to think she may be a crack *****.
Another mis-quote here. Please provide a link to where I said this. Put up or shut up. I never said that. And if you think I did, you are probably not reading any of my stuff carefully enough to have any meaningful insight. Which explains a lot.

Quote:
The way you carry on, and say you have some kind of mental disorder also, are you not taking drugs for that?
Yes, I am taking drugs for that. Again, legally prescribed.

Quote:
Get your story straight.
The story is straight. Its your reading that's dubious.

Quote:
Another thing; you posted and asked for opinions and when you get them, you get all pissy because they're not sugarcoated.
No, I don't get pissy when they're not sugarcoated. I get pissy when people laugh at the problems I'm having and make sarcastic remarks. There's a big difference.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:43 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,588,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuke View Post
Yes... she worked as an RN, full-time, until we had our first boy. That's our special needs boy. After he was born, she wanted to be a full-time stay-at-home mom, and I thought that would be preferable to going the daycare route. I explained that with only one income, things would be tight at first, but if we were careful, I thought it would work out.

Over the next 3 years, two more kids. In addition, I left the Big Firm with a partner to start a family office business. We're doing well, but I could see I had to cover more bases professionally than what I was capable of at the time. I discussed the idea of going to grad school with my wife back in 2002... explained to her how I saw my career going without the grad degree and how it could (not "would") go with it. She knew I wanted to pursue the degree (my second master's degree), and I knew I had a slim window of opportunity in which to do it and capitalize on it. So she agreed that I could pursue that degree in 2003 and 2004.

Basically, after completing that program and taking a series of qualifying exams to get more professional certifications, I got a chance to come up for air. It's at that time I discovered she had charged up a bunch of debt I didn't know about. Debt incurred to buy junk, I might add. I actually caught her once in the bathroom punching in speed-buy numbers to buy some junk off QVC. It was like catching a drunk sneaking a drink!

Anyhow, that was... in 2004... and that was our first time in marriage counseling. Since that time, I think her bipolar condition has gotten worse. And before that time, I wasn't having problems with unipolar depression. Now we're all in therapy, including the kid.

I won't debate whether I still love her or not... I think I do... but, very often, I really don't like her very much. We don't drink or take drugs in our house at all, but I liken a lot of her adverse behavior to that of a drunk acting on compulsion. She may not be able to control those impules (I don't know), but I do know I'm getting mighty tired of having my life made so difficult because of her behavior.

Like I said, in my state, unless she's a a crack ***** - and an active one at that - she's going to take everything in a divorce. She'll get the kids... and I can see fairly regular pleas to the judge about how she needs more money because she just can't handle 3 kids, blah blah blah... I'm sure we'd wind up splitting the house 50/50... she'd get the inside, and I'd get the outside... all in all, I don't see myself being less miserable going the divorce route. I could see the kids being a whole lot more miserable, though. And God only knows what kind fo a stepfather she'd end up hooking up with. So until a better solution comes along, I'll find a way to deal with it.
Okay- i am catching up (I adpopted a new shar-pei today)

Shuke, you wrote- who knows what kind of stepfather she will hook up with- a Freudian slip maybe- from what you have said you may still care and love your wife, but the living situation is bad....

It is possible to love a person, and no longer be able to be married- I still care about the stbx- I am not bitter- he has issues and I feel bad. My therapist told me today maybe my own life is meant to be something different- we can't pick up all the broken pieces for an adult....I thought this was great insight.

No children should suffer, but IMO kids are smart- I can remember at age 5 my parents "dining room arguments"- and it isn't pleasant- children after age 7 retain alot of information- This is just my opinion- hope it helps a little-

sunny

Old 08-27-2007, 06:48 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,157,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuke View Post
My wife's jealousy is getting ridiculous. The other day she looked at my calendar and wanted to know who May was.
How could I have not seen this thread until now???

Shuke, didn't she also want to know about April and June????

Give some time. There's a lot of reading to catch up with here.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:22 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,588,779 times
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to vpcats again.

I hope these posts are real- I cant keep up!!!

watch out for Tuesday- she was always a hot one-lol

sunny

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 08-27-2007 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: add

Old 08-27-2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to vpcats again.

I hope these posts are real- I cant keep up!!!

watch out for Tuesday- she was always a hot one-lol

sunny
I can assure you that what I have posted is real. My life really is going in the crapper. Thought about suicide lots of times... never actually tried it. Yet. One way I deal with it is to throw out the occasional Rodney Dangerfield joke. And I don't mind when people laugh with me. It's when they think all this crap is too surreal to be real and then start making up quotations I never said, then parsing words to claim inconsistencies and ultimately label me a troll, then laugh at me... that's what I DO mind.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:48 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,371,721 times
shuke you are the same person who wanted a plural marriage and now this thread - isn't this trolling?

Old 08-27-2007, 08:00 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,206,581 times
Someone who intentionally posts messages about sensitive topics constructed to cause controversy in an online community in order to bait users into responding.

Like this thread and the other by the same poster on plural marriage.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:07 PM

Well, sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not baiting anyone here. But if you look at my first posts on plural marriage, I clearly stated up front it was more of a dream than anything. But when pushed, I started to wonder, why not if all parties were amenable to the idea. If you think I'm posting solely to incite controversy, then I ain't trolling. I will agree the topics may be sensitive. But I'm not the only one with marital problems posting in this forum, either.

If you don't like the topic, why not just skip over it? I know I'd appreciate that rather than continue to be the object of your contempt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships