Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 01:02 PM

994 posts, read 1,681,744 times

Advertisements

I find this whole concept odd and I believe that a man should define his own manhood..not some wacko on tv calling himself a doctor, or someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 01:04 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Oh sorry! I thought it was a trend. You should see the Dr. Phil show sometime.
Dr. Phil rots your brain, man.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:17 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
As one comedian joked "there are no more Men in the world just dudes". I feel we have somehow flicked a switch off for Being manly. Once I've realized men bought females jeans (heterosexual) I was convinced we have gone feet over head crazy. Society as a whole has diluted the gender lines and thier roles.
OMG. I must be over the edge because I've bought men's clothing for myself.
How absolutely crazy we've become as a society.
I fear the dissolution of grammar and spelling rules even more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Its freakin insane. And then these dames wonder why half the guys act like wimps, cowards, indecisive, over emotional, etc.
Dames? Really.
Insert swoon; or not.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:19 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Maybe that's what is happening to you?
Paranoia, negativity, and all around foaming at the mouth rhetoric MO is your bag. You know this. Right or wrong, I typically think those qualities are indicative a person who is not quite balanced. You might, if you haven't already, consider addressing it. That's your deal. Live in suffering if it suits you.

Quote:
You should see the Dr. Phil show sometimes. Dysfunction within groups of people is a real world phenomenon. It's not really a "conspiracy" as you "claim" in your gossip story about someone's husband whom you do not live with or know intimately; it just happens because people's personalities, lifestyles, expectations, and moods clash. It's very easy to understand.
A. The Dr. Phil show is TV. It's not real. B. My gf's husband does have bi-polar, unfortunately, and that is very real.

Quote:
People who majored in sociology and psychology tend to look for and evaluate trends in society. For example there is a trend of corporations and bankers harming the economy and job market with poor decisions (e.g., Goldman Sachs, AIG, Enron, Wal-Mart, etc.) This had been documented. Another trend is people in religious institutions molest children (e.g., Catholic Churches, etc.) A recent trend is officials at universities are covering up decades of child abuse (e.g., Penn State, etc.) Another trend is conservative Republicans coming out as gay or deviant (e.g., Ted Haggard, etc.)

As for me. I'm just one insignificant person with no power or influence whatsoever
This is true. As for the above, all that horror no doubt leaves people broken.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:26 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
To be honest, curmudgeon, nothing is more unattractive and infantile than men reduced to blubbering babies and/or tantrum-throwing toddlers over anything relating to college and/or professional athletics. Getting that emotionally invested in something as utterly trivial as a game = height of immaturity. And not so masculine.
Shhh! Just between you and me, so I don't lose my guy credentials, I agree with you. Nothing interests me less than professional sports - a bunch of over-grown illiterates jumping up and down on one another, patting each other on the ass, spitting and getting paid way too much to play kids' games.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:28 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
To be honest, curmudgeon, nothing is more unattractive and infantile than men reduced to blubbering babies and/or tantrum-throwing toddlers over anything relating to college and/or professional athletics. Getting that emotionally invested in something as utterly trivial as a game = height of immaturity. And not so masculine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Shhh! Just between you and me, so I don't lose my guy credentials, I agree with you. Nothing interests me less than professional sports - a bunch of over-grown illiterates jumping up and down on one another, patting each other on the ass, spitting and getting paid way too much to play kids' games.
I agree as well....It is just a ****ing game already.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:36 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
I like Dr Oz better then DR Pil...

Old 11-12-2011, 01:37 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I like Dr Oz better then DR Pil...
How about Dr. Ruth lol. *shivers*

Old 11-12-2011, 01:38 PM

494 posts, read 1,609,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Well, you are letting it be known on internet forum so you aren't exactly keeping it a secret between you and her!

There's nothing wrong with watching sports imo. It's really how you enjoy it. Watching it and then getting on with your life is cool. Watching it, buying jerseys, and having fantasy football crap, yea, I wish not to talk to you even if you are the coolest guy in town. I find that a bit extra.

As for as the topic at hand, this is a new one to me. I would imagine girls would like a happy guy who isn't oppressed .

Old 11-12-2011, 01:41 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
How about Dr. Ruth lol. *shivers*
Sue Johanson is another treat. She is actually pretty funny at times.

IDK, something about old women talking about schlong.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships