Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 09:45 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,814,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Has anyone else seen this trend in the USA? Men are supposed to act oppressed and sad to please women and to make the women they know feel good about themselves? On top of that women are permitted to act tyrannical because at one time several decades ago women were not permitted to vote. What is this social cancer about? It's a trend that makes me nauseated.
Not only not vote but tons of mistreatments so that must be the reason.

But yeah I guess 2 wrongs wouldn't make a right.

Didn't the movement changes (AKA feminism) started in the 1970? Luckily I was born later on in 1987 else, if I would have been in that timeframe and saw the recent changes applied, there is a chance I might have turn bitter and probably join the campaign.

I guess I came at the right time in the right moment... when everything has changed already and no need to be bitter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 09:52 AM

2,873 posts, read 5,856,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
I don't agree with the whole *stand up for a woman on the bus*...yeah unless it's an older person or someone disabled my backside is staying on the chair. Besides I can always use the disability card myself since I lost my right foot and have a prosthetic in its place
I'm a woman, and I don't agree with it either. On account of my legs not being broken and all.

I always say thank you to anyone who does stand or opens a door, though, and I always open doors for others, no matter what gender they might be.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:55 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,275,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Phew, this really tops the cake. I have never seen anything requiring men to act "oppressed and sad". Furthermore, most women wouldn't be attracted to men who act "oppressed and sad".

Where on earth did you get this from?
The same place the first few respondents on the thread got it from: Hatred.

I've never seen so many men whining about women in one place. Now they're whining about other whiners. It's ironic.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:03 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,814,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post

I've never seen so many men whining about women in one place. Now they're whining about other whiners. It's ironic.
Yeah it gets annoying at first but I think it's comic by now.

The more men whin, the more reason it gives for those types of women to come in handy. It seems similar to feeding a troll... as long as you're whimming and anger you're giving it more fuel. Simple: maybe the guys are provoking a response.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:12 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,698,776 times
Quote:

It's a bit outrageous actually, the types of accusations thrown out about women in these types of posts. Half of them I haven't even heard of.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:20 AM

37,638 posts, read 46,045,092 times
Quote:
No kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
The more men whin, the more reason it gives for those types of women to come in handy. It seems similar to feeding a troll... as long as you're whimming and anger you're giving it more fuel. Simple: maybe the guys are provoking a response.
Exactly.

Quote:
It's a bit outrageous actually, the types of accusations thrown out about women in these types of posts. Half of them I haven't even heard of.
Right? These guys should hand in their man card and just get a good rocking chair and a book.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:24 AM

36,576 posts, read 30,900,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Has anyone else seen this trend in the USA? Men are supposed to act oppressed and sad to please women and to make the women they know feel good about themselves? On top of that women are permitted to act tyrannical because at one time several decades ago women were not permitted to vote. What is this social cancer about? It's a trend that makes me nauseated.
Didnt you get the memo?

Old 11-14-2011, 11:32 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,892,725 times
No I don't like whiny men, however many women like to be "needed" there for they make a nice match.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:17 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,275,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Yeah it gets annoying at first but I think it's comic by now.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No kidding.

Exactly.

Right? These guys should hand in their man card and just get a good rocking chair and a book.
Kinda makes you glad you don't have to deal with them "in real life," eh?

Old 11-16-2011, 05:14 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,607,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
OMG. I must be over the edge because I've bought men's clothing for myself.
How absolutely crazy we've become as a society.
I fear the dissolution of grammar and spelling rules even more!

Dames? Really.
Insert swoon; or not.
"Dames"...wow is this a Frank Sinatra musical from 1950? I cant believe any guy other than archie bunker would call a female that silly name...

no wonder the dating world is so f-d up today .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships