Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 09:05 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,691,557 times

Advertisements

I see so many of you saying you are attracted to pretty women. Just what is meant by this? Is it something subjective?

I am slim and petite, but I would not say I am "pretty." Rather on the plain side. I am just curious as to what "pretty" actually means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 09:14 AM

10,184 posts, read 20,827,801 times
It means different things to different people. So yes, it varies greatly from one guy to the next.

Also depends on how it's said...."Woah, she's preeeetty!" or "Meh, she's pretty."

Old 11-16-2011, 09:23 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,151,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
I see so many of you saying you are attracted to pretty women. Just what is meant by this? Is it something subjective?

I am slim and petite, but I would not say I am "pretty." Rather on the plain side. I am just curious as to what "pretty" actually means.
It's subjective for me. But I'm not most men.

I'd say pretty usually means traditionally attractive facial features. In other words, a step above cute. A lot of men would not hesitate to call almost any girl cute, but reserve the term pretty.

Probably the equivalent of a woman calling a man 'good looking'. Woman usually reserve that for those guys with traditionally handsome features.

What these adjectives are ... they are really just ways to quantify general beauty.

As a man, I have been called cute a bunch, hot maybe once or twice, and handsome by my aunts and mother's friends .

I have been called good looking by platonic friends trying to pump up my ego but never by a woman who wasn't a friend.

My conclusion. I'm not the best looking guy in the world. Who cares? F@ck it. Don't spend time dwelling on what 'category' or 'tier' you fall into. Waste of time.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:26 AM

538 posts, read 1,524,952 times
Totally subjective. What most people would call attractive or hot I find to be unattractive.

Plain to me is the prettiest of all.

But that being said, personality overrides everything.

I can think of several women I know who I didn't think were pretty at first, but once I got to know them, I realized how gorgeous their outsides were, too.

Then I will meet a simple, plain, pretty gal, get to know her, get turned off by her, and then she ain't pretty for nuttin'.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:34 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,797,757 times
Why don't you just post your picture and let them have at it? It's what you really want to know.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:37 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,037,878 times
I'm not a man but I don't care what anyone says, it's all subjective. I know a man who says he's always looked for 'cute' but looking at some of those women he considered cute, I thought some were simply beautiful, some just barely attractive. It's all in the eye of the beholder. No one person can define it for you.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:39 AM

21,257 posts, read 19,882,424 times
I let my penis tell me.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:40 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,024,297 times
Many years ago while helping a friend babysit, one little girl was sitting on my lap and looking up at me.

After a while she said to her sister "Do you wanna come sit on this one with me? Heeeeee's PREEEEE-E-ETTY!"

To the best of my knowledge, no one has considered me especially pretty since.

Conclusion, using my vast array of experiences: It's subjective.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:40 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,992,345 times
Pretty, for me, is a woman who wears way too much make-up (although she still looks good), and she usually has an incredibly simplistic perception of everything. I'll deem many beauty pageant contestants pretty.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:41 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,230,613 times
Pretty, cute, beautiful - they all refer to a woman about 35 years old, dark hair, dark eyes, hourglass figure, of mixed Japanese and Jewish heritage, who is a singer.

There is no one definition of what people consider pretty just like there is no one definition of what people consider funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships