Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 10:08 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,392,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
I see so many of you saying you are attracted to pretty women. Just what is meant by this? Is it something subjective?

I am slim and petite, but I would not say I am "pretty." Rather on the plain side. I am just curious as to what "pretty" actually means.
Morning ROTN. =)

I know I am not a man but I am chiming in anyway. I think I am the plainest jane of them all. Brown hair, brown eyes, glasses.

I think it's in the tone of the word when spoken.

J could say, "Oh, I guess she's kinda pretty" or he could have his eye on me, watching whatever thing it is that I may be doing. I know that he he has been watching me and I stop what I am doing and go be near him, sit next to him.

It is when he takes my face in his hand and rubs my hair, "You're so pretty..." that I feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. I may be wearing my old raggedy Chevelle t shirt with holes and bleach marks on it and my hair is a mess. I think I look horrible but he doesn't.

There was a thread on this a while back. A few people posted pictures of cute, pretty, and sexy or hot I think it was. I looked at the pictures and some that some people though were cute I thought were pretty. Some that thought the woman was sexy, I thought she was cute.

The man may see the clothes or lack there of and see sexy. I look at the eyes and the face. The posture and the way in which she holds herself.

I see an older woman with grey hear and lines in her face and think of the beauty which beholds her. The story she has to tell and inside, she is probably a beautiful person.

I have no idea which I am. I stick with thinking I am plain. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and I agree, lets see a picture!

It depends on how we are feeling within ourselves on any given day....

hurting

not a care in the world

just got off work, happy!

trying to catch your eye

just a normal day

happy

the crooked smile I hate but he seems to love...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 10:10 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,972,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I let my penis tell me.
A talking penis... Hmmm. Alrighty then...

I think if someone says you are pretty there is something that stands out to them. Eyes, hair, smile...Something.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:14 AM

845 posts, read 1,350,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Stunning beauty is obvious and hits you smack in the eye when you see it..Pretty is something where you have to take a second look and you see beauty...a face that is interesting...womanly...some one that does not look like their dad with long hair...sorry - I must have been thinking of Italian woman for a moment..
I think you're partially correct. Where "pretty" doesn't necessarily involve just women, but all things pretty. Flowers can be pretty, women can be pretty, and in their own way.

I guess it's more to describe something without going too far over the wall. Where beautiful is concerned, that will be something you'd say to one-up yourself later, after saying, "she's pretty", or, "That's pretty."

Old 11-16-2011, 10:14 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,706,032 times
For me it's a woman who is quite physically attractive but may not have the typical features of a "hot" woman. In other words she may be a bit short, perhaps a bit skinny/chubby, doesn't have big knockers or a big derriere, etc.

All I know is there's a difference between a girl I call "hot" and a girl I call "pretty," but either one is a good adjective.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:18 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,020,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
For me it's a woman who is quite physically attractive but may not have the typical features of a "hot" woman. In other words she may be a bit short, perhaps a bit skinny/chubby, doesn't have big knockers or a big derriere, etc.

All I know is there's a difference between a girl I call "hot" and a girl I call "pretty," but either one is a good adjective.
Don't know who said this(v) wishy-washy quote but I like it.
Quote:
Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'”

Old 11-16-2011, 10:23 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,119,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Morning ROTN. =)

I know I am not a man but I am chiming in anyway. I think I am the plainest jane of them all. Brown hair, brown eyes, glasses.

I think it's in the tone of the word when spoken.

J could say, "Oh, I guess she's kinda pretty" or he could have his eye on me, watching whatever thing it is that I may be doing. I know that he he has been watching me and I stop what I am doing and go be near him, sit next to him.

It is when he takes my face in his hand and rubs my hair, "You're so pretty..." that I feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. I may be wearing my old raggedy Chevelle t shirt with holes and bleach marks on it and my hair is a mess. I think I look horrible but he doesn't.

There was a thread on this a while back. A few people posted pictures of cute, pretty, and sexy or hot I think it was. I looked at the pictures and some that some people though were cute I thought were pretty. Some that thought the woman was sexy, I thought she was cute.

The man may see the clothes or lack there of and see sexy. I look at the eyes and the face. The posture and the way in which she holds herself.

I see an older woman with grey hear and lines in her face and think of the beauty which beholds her. The story she has to tell and inside, she is probably a beautiful person.

I have no idea which I am. I stick with thinking I am plain. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and I agree, lets see a picture!

It depends on how we are feeling within ourselves on any given day....

hurting

not a care in the world

just got off work, happy!

trying to catch your eye

just a normal day

happy

the crooked smile I hate but he seems to love...

Half Asian?

Beautiful...

Old 11-16-2011, 10:26 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,706,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Don't know who said this(v) wishy-washy quote but I like it.
Not a bad quote at all honestly. The girls I've gotten along with the most have almost all been "pretty" or "beautiful," not "hot."

Old 11-16-2011, 10:29 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,196,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Not a bad quote at all honestly. The girls I've gotten along with the most have almost all been "pretty" or "beautiful," not "hot."
I think when you fall in love with someone - you think she is all those things. My husband calls me cute, beautiful, hot, etc. And many times he says those things when I'm not wearing any make up or I think I look like crap. My husband doesn't really call me pretty - I just don't think it's a word he uses.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:31 AM

21,180 posts, read 19,786,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
A talking penis... Hmmm. Alrighty then...

I think if someone says you are pretty there is something that stands out to them. Eyes, hair, smile...Something.
That's my point.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:32 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,392,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Half Asian?

Beautiful...
Well thank you, and no. A lot of people do think it, however. German, Dutch, Norwegian, American Indian.

In short, Heinz 57! =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships