Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 07:15 AM

635 posts, read 1,704,546 times

Advertisements

I love my girlfriend a lot and she is the best woman that I ever met but...she is into psychics. She has told me that in the past, she has been to them in order to see what her future holds.

It seems that her whole family has gone to them and they actually use them as a guidance to their future.

My gf tells me that she was very skeptical about them until they started telling her events that actually came through, birth dates of people that she knew etc...

Should I be worried about this? I love my gf and she is a very smart girl, I am just dumbfounded on why she believes what psychics tell her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 07:24 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,550,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emirate25 View Post
I love my girlfriend a lot and she is the best woman that I ever met but...she is into psychics. She has told me that in the past, she has been to them in order to see what her future holds.

It seems that her whole family has gone to them and they actually use them as a guidance to their future.

My gf tells me that she was very skeptical about them until they started telling her events that actually came through, birth dates of people that she knew etc...

Should I be worried about this? I love my gf and she is a very smart girl, I am just dumbfounded on why she believes what psychics tell her.
Some people go to a God to get their feel-goods, but she goes to a psychic. I don't see why you would need to be concerned about this any more than you would a religious person. Is she also religious (not that it really matters)?

Old 07-22-2011, 07:24 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,296,718 times
She can't be 'that' smart.....

I would Get rid of her.
if she's irrational enough to believe in stuff like that, she's irrational enough to give you a headache about every day arguments, etc.

ok, maybe that's a bit extreme....sorry.....
maybe you can show her how ridiculous they are by going to one yourself 'with' her, both of you saying nothing to give any 'clues' to the old woman, and then once her stories fall apart, maybe she'll realize it's all BS.

ps. there are plenty of videos explaining how some psychics get some things 'right'. watch them and show it to her.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:25 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
It's probably a harmless superstition or unfounded belief, unless she starts doing risky stuff based on what the psychic tells her. My ex started believing in things "God" told her, and what other people who said God spoke to them said. She got pretty bizarre after awhile, but not everyone does.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:26 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,296,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
Some people go to a God to get their feel-goods, but she goes to a psychic. I don't see why you would need to be concerned about this any more than you would a religious person. Is she also religious (not that it really matters)?
going to an imaginary 'god' and a charlatan 'psychic' is no different in my eyes. Both are irrational.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:36 AM

635 posts, read 1,704,546 times
She is not religious but she does go to psychics once in a while.

Religion is different...people go to church to feel better about themselves, to see if there is a shining light in the future.

My gf goes to psychics so they can tell her about specific subjects in her future (job, bf, family, health status...etcc..)

Old 07-22-2011, 07:47 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
That's why some things should be disclosed on a "need to know" basis. Apparently, being honest was her mistake.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:02 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:

I don't know why she would believe them. All they do is use one of those online people searches like Spokeo that has all your information available to the public. All one has to do to get more of your information and learn about your life and the people you know is pay the minimum fee. Then they have access to everything and thus can tell you what they think your doing wrong and where you can go from there.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:43 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,188 times
Quote:
My GF believes in psychics
emirate25, is your GF giving money to psychics on a regular basis? If so, I would try to discourage her from doing that if I were you. Whether or not psychic abilities are real or not is beside the point, I think. Psychics are mentioned in the Bible but spoken of very poorly and it is clear that they are not to be trusted or dealt with.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:48 AM

859 posts, read 2,828,667 times
Quote:

Should you be worried... No not at all.. Just make a couple of phone calls and have the tooth fairy, Santa and bigfoot come over to have a conversations with her. Kinda help her see the errors of her ways

In all honesty.. She sounds like a nut case and these people typically go down hill as they get older. Just spend five minutes in the self sufficiency and preparedness section of the forum and you'll see what I mean typically these people are vry confused and lost in their lives and seeking guidance from anywhere they can find it..

You really have two options... Help her find that guidance or run for cover...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships