Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 12:25 AM

3 posts, read 10,633 times

Advertisements

Where are the real men at? Recently I started dating a guy. Things were going great.... then. Well, that seems to be the problem.. then what happened? I have no clue. We talked every day for weeks about anything and everything, went out, and really enjoyed each others company.

The last weekend we saw each other, the first night was great. The next day I noticed him pulling away. He said everything was fine. When we parted ways on Sunday we made plans for another date. However, I have spoken to him only once in the last couple of weeks. I normally do not call guys, but I have called him 2 or 3 times and left a message each time. No return call.

So my question(s) is/are.. Where are the real men and are there any out there? NOTHING IRKS ME MORE than a so called "man" that just slithers away with no explanation. IMO this type of guy is a coward and has no backbone. Even if I do not want to see a guy again, I at least talk to him and am honest with him. I do not just avoid or ignore him. I let him know I do not want to continue dating and why. Why are guys so chicken to face up to women?

A real "guy" "man" would never just ignore or avoid someone they were dating or even went out with a few times. Only thing I can assume is that this guy is a player and does this to many women, and I was played by a "real man" NOT!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 01:02 AM

73 posts, read 233,996 times
Quote:
The last weekend we saw each other, the first night was great. The next day I noticed him pulling away. He said everything was fine. When we parted ways on Sunday we made plans for another date. However, I have spoken to him only once in the last couple of weeks. I normally do not call guys, but I have called him 2 or 3 times and left a message each time. No return call.
It's right here.

The first night was great. Should have parted ways the morning after and left him wanting more and enjoyed the rest of your weekend with your family and friends.

Yuck. I sound like one of those "Rules Girls" here. But I think it may be a case of "too much too soon".

Not that it's your fault at all; it isn't. He's simply a toad and now you get to go find someone who isn't one

Old 08-28-2007, 02:07 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
Every time I hear the question "where are all the good men," all I can do is think of these blog posts from a friend of mine:

Suds & Soliloquies: Goodbye to All That

Suds & Soliloquies: A Tale of Two Daves (the most succinct of the three, and perhaps the best)

Suds & Soliloquies: The Mathematics of Online "Dating"

Old 08-28-2007, 09:05 AM

141 posts, read 613,205 times
I have to agree with Rosa. Too much too soon. I hate to admit ...but there is a bit of game playing involved. Maybe "game" is not the right word. But men do need to be challenged in a lot of ways. If you throw your "whole self" out there then there's no challenge for them. At the same time your building a friendship and anticipation...something to look forward to.
I also believe that men like a woman who has her own thing going on. That they're independent and have a life outside of the relationship. Make them miss you a bit.
But you're right, there's no excuse for not being honest and open when it comes to ending a relationship.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:31 AM

12 posts, read 27,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndalooo View Post
Where are the real men at? Recently I started dating a guy. Things were going great.... then. Well, that seems to be the problem.. then what happened? I have no clue. We talked every day for weeks about anything and everything, went out, and really enjoyed each others company.

So my question(s) is/are.. Where are the real men and are there any out there? NOTHING IRKS ME MORE than a so called "man" that just slithers away with no explanation. IMO this type of guy is a coward and has no backbone. Even if I do not want to see a guy again, I at least talk to him and am honest with him. I do not just avoid or ignore him. I let him know I do not want to continue dating and why. Why are guys so chicken to face up to women?

A real "guy" "man" would never just ignore or avoid someone they were dating or even went out with a few times. Only thing I can assume is that this guy is a player and does this to many women, and I was played by a "real man" NOT!!!
Sorry to hear your story, but it was the other way round for me, but hey don't think all guys are like that, their are good ones out their honest,
Think of it this way, by losing a good women will be his loss, one day he will regret it and his actions, what goes around comes around

Old 08-28-2007, 09:32 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,995 times
Quote:

This happens to everyone - guy/girl seems interested... then all of a sudden they are not. Consider yourself lucky that he cut you off before things became really serious.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:26 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,535,920 times
Quote:

Here's my arm chair opinion:

either

1. He's just not that into you and is a coward.

2. You're right and he's a player that isn't managing his women very well. It's easier for him to just ignore you and hope you go away.

3. He's a latent homosexual who hasn't admitted he's not into woman and probably never will admit it.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:30 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,346,772 times
maybe he just wasn't interested in a relationship, maybe he felt things went to fast or that you were to serious. it doesn't mean he's a bad guy, I dated girls who did the same thing and I didn't feel they were bad.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:57 PM

3 posts, read 10,633 times
ROFL MainStreet, I would like to choose # 3, but can we forget the "not into me" part of #1 and combine the coward and #3 together? What's really funny is that one of my friends (who is gay) saw a picture of him.. and asked me if he was a homosexual because of what he was wearing. It seems one of his favorite outfits is a signal in that community. A black belt, tank, and light colored pants/shorts, along with keeping a shaved head. (maybe just in this region, idk) However, I did tell them not as far as I know, that he is vain and likes showing his muscles, lol.

Anyway.... The weekend I am speaking of we both did have to work so we were not together 24/7 and plus I went home at night. With our schedules we were only able to see each other on weekends or every few weeks. Before then HE called me every day or evening. I rarely if any called him. So HE was doing the chasing, the one doing the asking out and making plans for future dates. For some reason he became "not into me" or possibly I was just too much woman for him, lol . Maybe I will never know his thoughts or reasoning. I just wish he would be a man, grow some balls and make it a nice break. I don't mind not seeing him again, you can't make someone like you and I for one don't want to date someone that isn't "into me". I just hate wondering why and what happened.

It's sad this guy is in business and I hate to think I referred many of my friends to him already. I hope he doesn't treat his clients this way by ignoring or avoiding them, or he will either be flipping burgers or on the streets. I just think a persons behavior in their personal life carry's over into their professional life. One thing that really bothered me was his racist off colored jokes, belittling anyone not up to his standards. I am now thinking I got the better deal out of this and I am the lucky one. If this would have went further and considering he has the tendencies of being a coward, liar and player.... who knows what else he might have lied about, std? might be married? or he just could swing both ways! Come to think of it.. he doesn't sound so great now.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:03 PM

73 posts, read 233,996 times
Well, I don't know what the young gays are wearing these days, but it's a mistake to decide that because a man isn't interested in you, he's gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships