Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 04:21 AM

2 posts, read 2,070 times

Advertisements

Hello, I know questions like this are almost always flamed upon, but I want to be clear that I am not trying to troll or making me feel good about myself. I have no reason to. I will not post a picture of myself, period. Once again, I have no reason to.
Anyway, I'm a 18 year old male. I always get stares from females be it when I'm walking, shopping or any daily activity, from the average looking to the very good-looking, everyday, everytime. I know this since everytime I get stared at (which is NOT a good feeling because I feel that my privacy is lost), I will look back with quite an annoyed look. 90% of the time, I was right -- they were staring at me. In my school, I have a lot of girls talking to me, and some of them likes to poke me in the arm or holding my hand suddenly. They would come near me and smile at me, commenting that I smell good or stuff like that. Of course I felt awkward, and after 3-4 years of experiencing such things with different girls, I am sure I am quite attractive.
On the other hand, my male classmates would notice me getting all the female company, of course. Soon, they began mocking and condescending me, trying to make me look bad especially in front of the females. I felt wronged since I know I did not do anything wrong at all, yet I was being treated in such a way.
My question is, how do I react when the guys treat me in such a way wrongfully? Is there a way to stop these? And how do I stop the stares and the girls from acting such a way? Once again, I do not want to sound like I'm bragging. For people who believe me, do help me. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 04:33 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
Sounds like you're too self conscious. And, believe it or not, you're feelings are heightened because you're still young and gradually becoming aware of the world and how it works. Plus your classmates are immature dorks who should be silently forgiven, if possible.

There are plenty of very attractive people on the planet. You should feel grateful and handle it as modestly as possible. You didn't earn this distinction.

Maybe you should look for a few role models who are older and who seem to handle it well.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:43 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damienl View Post
Hello, I know questions like this are almost always flamed upon, but I want to be clear that I am not trying to troll or making me feel good about myself. I have no reason to. I will not post a picture of myself, period. Once again, I have no reason to.
Anyway, I'm a 18 year old male. I always get stares from females be it when I'm walking, shopping or any daily activity, from the average looking to the very good-looking, everyday, everytime. I know this since everytime I get stared at (which is NOT a good feeling because I feel that my privacy is lost), I will look back with quite an annoyed look. 90% of the time, I was right -- they were staring at me. In my school, I have a lot of girls talking to me, and some of them likes to poke me in the arm or holding my hand suddenly. They would come near me and smile at me, commenting that I smell good or stuff like that. Of course I felt awkward, and after 3-4 years of experiencing such things with different girls, I am sure I am quite attractive.
On the other hand, my male classmates would notice me getting all the female company, of course. Soon, they began mocking and condescending me, trying to make me look bad especially in front of the females. I felt wronged since I know I did not do anything wrong at all, yet I was being treated in such a way.
My question is, how do I react when the guys treat me in such a way wrongfully? Is there a way to stop these? And how do I stop the stares and the girls from acting such a way? Once again, I do not want to sound like I'm bragging. For people who believe me, do help me. Thank you
My heart bleeds for you. Really, it does.

Man the hell up and enjoy the attention.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:56 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
its that axe body spray.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:36 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,629 times
I've heard my Dad had similar problems when he was a teenager. He went into the special forces. Maybe he was trying to prove himself? You're dealing with something a lot of teenage girls go through (you only have to be average looking to get male attention). Not much can be done about it.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:37 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Please do post a picture. I want to see how gorgeous a man has to be in order to get "stared at" all the time, every time, by every girl and every guy passes you by.

I personally have NEVER met one person in real life that interesting to a point where I want to "talk to him" "smell him" "stare at him". And I've met a lot of good looking folks (models, pro athletes, etc, etc) How a man carries himself, his attitude, the way he treats others, his smile, his mind, his intellectual level, the combination of physical appearance, sex appeal, personalities, attitude define a man's overall attractiveness. Physical appearance alone does not mean anything to me (even when I was a teenager)

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 07-10-2013 at 05:53 AM..

Old 07-10-2013, 06:20 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
At 18, highschool should be over for you (?), so you can move on to college, and a somewhat more mature crowd. Choose your friends carefully, look for those who are mature and easygoing, not the petty, envious type. When you're out shopping or walking, try to ignore the stares and simply enjoy what you're doing, enjoy the day. I've never noticed if anyone was looking at me, because my head was always in the clouds, lol! My mind was elsewhere, I wasn't looking around to see if anyone noticed me. You'll get less self-conscious over time.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:23 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,739 times
Maybe you can take part in a beauty contest?

Old 07-10-2013, 07:05 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Please do post a picture. I want to see how gorgeous a man has to be in order to get "stared at" all the time, every time, by every girl and every guy passes you by.

I personally have NEVER met one person in real life that interesting to a point where I want to "talk to him" "smell him" "stare at him". And I've met a lot of good looking folks (models, pro athletes, etc, etc) How a man carries himself, his attitude, the way he treats others, his smile, his mind, his intellectual level, the combination of physical appearance, sex appeal, personalities, attitude define a man's overall attractiveness. Physical appearance alone does not mean anything to me (even when I was a teenager)
He exaggerated. You still got the gist of what he was saying. Right?

Old 07-10-2013, 07:16 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
This is a life lesson worth learning as early as possible: You can't control what other people do.

Your privacy is not lost by someone looking at you. Our outer layer is exposed to the world, it's what is inside and underneath that can remain private by you choosing to keep it that way.

If someone is looking at you, why would you look back at them in annoyance? Why not smile and continue on your way?

As for your buddies, there is an element of jealousy at play here so they're trying to make you feel bad to make themselves feel better. Unfortunately some of that is simply a product of being 18. You still have a journey ahead of you to reach your full development (age 25 roughly). Hopefully now that high school is finished, wherever you are headed next, you can surround yourself with positive people who uplift you, not put you down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships