Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 10:41 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,153,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
You know how some girls obsess over when a guy will call or whether to call a guy and how they conclude that they need to FIGHT the urge to contact him - when they really like him?

Similarly, do guys ever go through any anxiety in waiting for a reply from a girl? Perhaps waiting for her to return a call from the voicemail you left? Or reply to a text or email?
Hmmm. Not really.

Anxiety like that is pretty much mostly based on looks and physical attraction and I just don't roll that way...

If I don't know a woman well, then I won't be anxious over her no matter how hot she is.

If I do know a woman well enough to like her, then there should be no need for the push/pull games.

I used to be like that when I was younger and less jaded.

I remember torturing myself waiting for women I was infatuated with to call me back. Meanwhile they were out getting drunk and looking for other guys...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 10:44 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,778,353 times
Quote:
You know how some girls obsess over when a guy will call or whether to call a guy and how they conclude that they need to FIGHT the urge to contact him - when they really like him?

Similarly, do guys ever go through any anxiety in waiting for a reply from a girl? Perhaps waiting for her to return a call from the voicemail you left? Or reply to a text or email?
Yes indeed, my friend...frequently

Old 12-25-2011, 10:53 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,721,254 times
heck yeah. ya never know why they're taking forever to respond! could be one of three things: they don't wanna talk to you cos they're not interested, they don't wanna talk to you because they are interested and wanna string you along for a bit till you're committed, or they're just busy.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:20 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,808,323 times
Quote:

Hell yes, and I hate waiting 2-3 days to not seem over eager. I think thats B.S., but evidently I'm wrong.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:23 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,424,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Hell yes, and I hate waiting 2-3 days to not seem over eager. I think thats B.S., but evidently I'm wrong.
what is this 3 day rule? I've never had a guy who liked me wait 3 days to call. the ones who didn't just never called again or only wanted one thing and waited at least a week. any normal girl is going to assume disinterest from a guy that waits 3 days to call. In fact waiting 3 days to see each other again if you live close enough is weird too. but that's me.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:21 PM

845 posts, read 1,353,332 times
I'll spare you all with a long story; but in short, yes, waiting for that girl to call is torture, sometimes.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:46 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,837,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
I'll spare you all with a long story; but in short, yes, waiting for that girl to call is torture, sometimes.
cute! probably not to you though...

for me, I don't know if it's torture necessarily because I really like the guy. Sometimes it's just because I don't like being rejected. Even if i don't like the guy, no one likes being rejected.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:53 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,808,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
what is this 3 day rule? I've never had a guy who liked me wait 3 days to call. the ones who didn't just never called again or only wanted one thing and waited at least a week. any normal girl is going to assume disinterest from a guy that waits 3 days to call. In fact waiting 3 days to see each other again if you live close enough is weird too. but that's me.
Mir, well, it seems the game has changed. I never believed in waiting. Now you have to appear like you "have something goind on" and are a busy person. You're dating others or whatever. I don't get it. For the record, I don't wait, but they also never answer the phone or call back. Thats been my experience since my divorce. I must be doing something wrong. How else do you explain fun 5 hour dates and then a blow off?

Old 12-27-2011, 08:01 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,316,484 times
it's not torture, have a life geez. There's so much going on in the world, so much to do and all you can think about is someone replying to a phone call or a txt message.

It's not even about dating other people, it's about having a balanced life. Set your own rules.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:58 PM

857 posts, read 1,426,271 times
I wish I could say I was above it, but I'm not. For me the worst is waiting after the initial call. If I leave a message I hate just sitting around waiting to see if she's going to call me (must be how girls feel when they give a guy their number).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships