Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 03:06 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,374,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
<3 You have a good heart. I'm baffled by these dating shows too, especially the ones that have really attractive and/or wealthy people on them. Like why do they need help? I'm thinking what in the world is going on?
It has to be a new "level of adrenaline rush." After a while, you get bored with getting women ala TVSG style (ordering online )....so you go on a show to publicize your status and see how many pros will fight to feed your ego. I dont know, the whole thing is quite pathetic but what do i know...their life, their problem...more power to them

Old 12-27-2011, 03:10 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,733,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What did she say was so horrible about Russian men.
Why did she want to get out of the country.
She said they were physically abusive, alcoholics and didn't have jobs. She said the men saw women as second class citizens and treated them very badly. She said the men never took care of their children and there was not enough jobs there for anyone. She wanted to come here to go to school and get a job, and she did. Women were left with children and were very poor. She said her American husband was a very nice man and that they got along really well. She said he would never ever mistreat her or she would leave him. She said she was happy.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:26 PM

12,973 posts, read 34,049,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
They're amazing looking.

Not that I would ever do that, I don't care about looks, but if they are real, American women better start worrying.

Lol...
I have to admit that they DO look like that. I dont know anything about mail order brides, but all the Russian women I know really do look like those girls pictured on that website. Well, maybe it helps that all the Russian women I know are either Ballroom dancers, acrobats, artists or athletes, but for the most part, they are almost ALL HOT!! Providing you dont get an old one. But even still, the old ones usually look good as well. My mother in law is late 50s probably early 60s and still looks AMAZING!! Lifetime of dancing has given her a GREAT body and even though she's blonde, she's aged very very well (blondes normally dont).

Old 12-27-2011, 03:42 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,416,530 times
Quote:
She comes in, gets her green card, dumps you and is able to settle, with half-or more, - of your hard work......To me it just sounds a bit extreme.
Exactly, and you you put it mildly.

I find it amusing (and also am incredulous) that people here believe those ads, believe the women in there are actual Russian women (as opposed to western models) and believe all Russian women look like that.

LOL!

I have spent about 10 months of my life visiting Russian over the years. My husband's doctorate was on Stalingrad so we spent some of the most miserable months of my life there. Now the Russian people themselves are friendly and welcoming. But the women are almost without exception... wretched looking to the most extreme degree. One in millions looks like the women in those ads. The men are pretty good looking on the other hand!

I can't imagine any man that isn't grotesque looking himself actually "buying" a Russian bride. If I was a guy I would hold my head in shame I had to pay for sex, pay for a "wife" and was obviously so socially and physically inept I couldn't attract a woman from my own country for free. Of course there are success stories from these paid brides but they are very few and far between. The standard of living in Russia makes the impoverished back country of Kentucky look like Beverly Hills. These poor ladies would marry Bozo the Clown in order to escape the hell of their own country.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:01 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,306,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
That is honestly the first thought that crossed my mind. I mean WTF? I took an sociology course at the Uni that enlighted me about modern day slavery and how women are still being sold into prostitution from some Eastern European and African countries to certain areas. In some cases they are forced into these situation and must comply or risk their family getting kidnapped, murdered etc.

I heard a story once of a Houston man that married some Asian lady he "purchased" online. She resided with him for the duration of her green card process and then brought her "brother" over to stay with them...long story short...the "brother" was caught giving it to the "sister" on camera, when they thought the said husband was at work. Not sure how that ended but why will anyone want to put themselves through this sort of nonsense?

All I can say is that any man who does this had better go over there and bring her home himself. If you get married and then send for her, well, the Marine Corps is rife with stories of men who married women in the Philippines who OOPSIE missed the connecting flight at LAX and disappeared into the woodwork.

Oh, and make sure the Russian lady's father, brother, and cousins don't have any tattoos. Eastern promises are not all they seem.

[youtube]SPSqWOWgCRQ[/youtube]

Old 12-27-2011, 04:08 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,814,934 times
^

One of the sickest movies I had ever seen.

I loathe Russian women, lock, stock and barrel They are raised on a lifetime of poverty, deception and materialism. Have an annoying accent.

Not just Russian, the whole Eastern European, Balkan, Armenian scene carries the same reputation.

We can exempt the Jewish people living there. They're only there owing to the diaspora.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:23 PM

62,174 posts, read 88,071,489 times
Oh... and how many Russian/East European women you know? Did you traveled/spent some time there? Met them all? Talked with them? Tried to understand where some of the behavior come from?
Where all your knowledge came from?

Old 12-27-2011, 04:27 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,374,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
All I can say is that any man who does this had better go over there and bring her home himself. If you get married and then send for her, well, the Marine Corps is rife with stories of men who married women in the Philippines who OOPSIE missed the connecting flight at LAX and disappeared into the woodwork.

Oh, and make sure the Russian lady's father, brother, and cousins don't have any tattoos. Eastern promises are not all they seem.

I am definitely renting that movie..thanks for sharing.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:34 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,306,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
^

One of the sickest movies I had ever seen.

I loathe Russian women, lock, stock and barrel They are raised on a lifetime of poverty, deception and materialism. Have an annoying accent.

Not just Russian, the whole Eastern European, Balkan, Armenian scene carries the same reputation.

We can exempt the Jewish people living there. They're only there owing to the diaspora.
It was sick, wasn't it? Oofta.

Those dudes are scary. When I moved to Long Island, my movers were Russian. My SO pulled me aside and said, "Those tattoos were done in jail."

"Well, maybe this was the only job they could get then."

"No. Let me explain."

They overcharged me. Not much, but I could tell they took the long way and delayed their trip, which was paid by the hour. I shut up and paid. However, they were very respectful of my hockey memorabilia! I think I earned a speck of charity when the one guy introduced himself as Valeri and I said, "Oh, like Bure?"

Even in the jails here, no one, but no one, messes with them. They make the Italian Mafia look like a tea party. Obviously, not all Russian or Eastern women are going to be hooked up with the Russian Mafiya. Not by a long shot. Just let any dingbat Western man who marries a Russian woman out of a catalog or match-making service without knowing her REALLY well beware, is all I'm saying. You start like this:

[youtube]_BctlHTXNtY[/youtube]

But you can end up like this:

[youtube]P6k53gGP1DQ[/youtube]

Old 12-27-2011, 04:54 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,814,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
I am definitely renting that movie..thanks for sharing.
There is a fight sequence inside a male bath sauna. It sets the benchmark to how a real and brutal fight sequence must be. Real and scary. It tells you there is nothing pretty about men fighting, it's all ugly, as opposed to the fighting glorified in movies like Bourne, Bond etc.,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships