Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 10:07 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,987,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
An offshoot question from the mail order thread...

Does anybody know if the women in these profiles are real?
I asked Mrs Lao (who is Russian) about this and she says that for the most part, those ads are probably all real. She says those are typical of how the average woman looks there which is a GREAT thing. But, bad thing is, she says those women come with the worst possible baggage - CHILDREN. I would gather that 95% of those women DO have at least one child. She says that they just want to get out of the country and getting married to a foriegner is an easy way out.

While Mrs. Lao is NOT a mail order bride (we met here in Los Angeles and have been together since early 2001), I can honestly say that a lot of Russian women (from all of the different republics) ARE a bit high maintenence.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:31 PM

61,889 posts, read 87,406,262 times
Hmmm... Having kids in a young age is not something typical for European and Russian women.
The fertility rate is low everywhere.
In Russia is about 1.3 births per woman compared to 2.06 in the US.
The birth rate in the country is also quite low; the crude birth rate is 10 births per 1000 people.
The world average is just over 20 per 1000 and in the U.S. the rate is 14 per 1000.

So, no. I am not buying this.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,230,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
So, no. I am not buying this.
Look at the ads and you just may have to purchase it.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:44 PM

I am "not buying" the fact that 95% of the mail order brides DO have at least one child...

Old 12-28-2011, 11:04 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,312,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I have to admit that they DO look like that. I dont know anything about mail order brides, but all the Russian women I know really do look like those girls pictured on that website. Well, maybe it helps that all the Russian women I know are either Ballroom dancers, acrobats, artists or athletes, but for the most part, they are almost ALL HOT!! Providing you dont get an old one. But even still, the old ones usually look good as well. My mother in law is late 50s probably early 60s and still looks AMAZING!! Lifetime of dancing has given her a GREAT body and even though she's blonde, she's aged very very well (blondes normally dont).
Have you ever traveled to Russia?
You might see a different world than the one you describe.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I am "not buying" the fact that 95% of the mail order brides DO have at least one child...
Im willing to say yes on this. I bet a person would be hard pressed to find one of those attractive mail order chicks who is childless. Sure its possible, but I think the overwhelming majority DO have a child. Lots of Russian (I'll say russian but this applies to all of the Russian speaking republics) are just NOT into women with kids. Lot of these young girls are VERY attractive and as such, have a bit of sexual history and, YES for the most part, the ones that ARE on those web sites DO have a kid they would want to bring with them. SierraAZ are you with me on this? The gals with no kids are mostly already gone, moved to other countries because its easier to do so without a child.

Now, I have to add that I have never conducted research on a Russian mail order company, but I actually just remembered a couple of dudes who got mail order brides and wouldnt you know it, kid(s) were part of the deal. These guys both MBAs and Professors/lecturers at Cal Universities apparently didnt care because they were what most would call not attractive (not really ugly either) and they got somewhat hot younger wives.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:21 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,088,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Have you ever traveled to Russia?
You might see a different world than the one you describe.
I wish I could rep you for this!

I have family in some of the former Soviet republics (and I have traveled many times, yes). As Elnina stated, it is not common for single women to have children.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:23 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,088,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Im willing to say yes on this. I bet a person would be hard pressed to find one of those attractive mail order chicks who is childless. Sure its possible, but I think the overwhelming majority DO have a child. Lots of Russian (I'll say russian but this applies to all of the Russian speaking republics) are just NOT into women with kids. Lot of these young girls are VERY attractive and as such, have a bit of sexual history and, YES for the most part, the ones that ARE on those web sites DO have a kid they would want to bring with them. SierraAZ are you with me on this? The gals with no kids are mostly already gone, moved to other countries because its easier to do so without a child.

Now, I have to add that I have never conducted research on a Russian mail order company, but I actually just remembered a couple of dudes who got mail order brides and wouldnt you know it, kid(s) were part of the deal. These guys both MBAs and Professors/lecturers at Cal Universities apparently didnt care because they were what most would call not attractive (not really ugly either) and they got somewhat hot younger wives.
You're basing these incredibly wideswept and untrue generalizations on what a "couple of dudes" who bought their wives told you??? LMAO

Old 12-28-2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
You're basing these incredibly wideswept and untrue generalizations on what a "couple of dudes" who bought their wives told you??? LMAO
Try reading up a little further diadavenski. Post #51.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:50 PM

Men that want a mail order bride should educate themselves about the process and perils.
There is enough info on the Internet.
If they are able to check on dating web pages, register to them, make contacts with the women etc. then they should be able to read and comprehend material about the immigration and marriage laws, how to protect themselves from a scam, how to choose the right agency, select a lawyer to help with their assets and immigration laws.
Russian Mail Order Bride Case Study

We are always talking about the poor men with broken hearts, that are used and abused by those horrible Russian women that only want their money.
I didn't heard a word about those mail-order brides who end up in abusive, controlling relationships. About men that access vulnerable women, women who ultimately have very high rates of turning up in battered women’s shelters.

Do you think all those foreign bride seeking men are saints?
Maybe the scam goes both ways?
We seem to forget about the middle-aged men who find dating troublesome - men who don't have the money to go out on dates, or go on weekends to Vegas and Atlantic City. Men that are not attractive inside and out, that hold poor paying jobs, have no manners or education. Men that have problem attracting native women. Men that want someone to take care of them.
A lot of people who are interested in mail-order bride industry are just looking for a woman who's docile and obedient.

It is estimated that over 40% of women from Latin America, Asia and Eastern Europe end up in controlling, abusive relationships. They are promised love, care and prosperity but in some cases, the women are being used to provide care to aging parents or children, or to work on farms.
They take a beautiful woman from the Czech Republic, Ukraine or Kazakhstan and bring her into their home: she does all the cooking and cleaning and ironing. At the end of the day, the service is free. The potential savings of a homemaking wife is $150 per week.

Men from developed nations feel they can buy anything they want...

There are some sad stories that made national news:
Mail-Order Bride Bill In Works - CBS News
Legal Affairs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.