Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 08:42 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,328 times

Advertisements

Guys: do you find the kinds of girls with these listed personality traits attractive? Unattractive? Also why or why not?

1. Very affectionate, kind, and caring
2. Extremely compassionate and loving
3. Capable of giving total unconditional love, to a serious b/f
4. Forgiving and patient, of your faults and foibles...never or rarely angry with you
5. Soft-spoken, uncritical...if she has a disagreement with you, she is gentle about it
6. Innocent / non-worldly, both generally and also in terms of physical intimacy
7. Shy and/or introverted...but the "nice" kind of shy...
8. Wants a serious and exclusive relationship with you, and hopefully (eventually ultimately in the future) a loving marriage

Girlfriend / wife material? Or would you prefer something else entirely, and if so, what? Thoughts please?

ETA: the main reason I am asking is largely b/c, these are the kinds of things that I personally, as a guy, find to be extremely attractive in women. So just wanted to get some other thoughts / input...

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 12-27-2011 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: Edits / Corrections
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 08:48 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,510,066 times
Those are all great qualities, but if I don't find her physically attractive, none of that matters.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:51 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,127 times
1. How affectionate? I don't want to be smothered.
2. See above.
3. Not at all. I don't expect unconditional love at all. In return, neither should she.
4. I don't want a doormat. If I'm being a jerk, tell me.
5. No. I don't want me back side kissed.
6. What does this mean?
7. Not at all. I can't have a shy woman.
8. Yes.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Knight, not that I want to infringe on your right to post as many threads as you feel like to, but what's the point of this redundancy...? Just about everybody here knows that's what you want. Are other guys' opinions going to sway you in the opposite direction...?! No. What exactly are you looking for...?

Old 12-27-2011, 08:57 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Just like the other guy sort of said, if she doesn't look good they couldn't care less 'how nice' she is.

Edit: Also, I want to add I don't think all of these traits exists in one woman. Maybe in some remote regions of the world. LOL.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 12-27-2011 at 10:03 PM..

Old 12-27-2011, 08:58 PM

Comments below in bold font.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
1. How affectionate? I don't want to be smothered. Affection doesn't always necessarily have to be smothering, though
2. See above.
3. Not at all. I don't expect unconditional love at all. In return, neither should she. Just a lil curious as to why not, exactly?
4. I don't want a doormat. If I'm being a jerk, tell me. Not that she has to be a "doormat"..just that, when she disagrees with you, she is respectful, "fights fair", can "agree to disagree", doesn't make things personal, can disagree without being disagreeable, etc.
5. No. I don't want me back side kissed.
6. What does this mean? i.e., she is not experienced with prior physical intimacy, is virginal, etc.
7. Not at all. I can't have a shy woman. I think that some shy women can be adorable! lol
8. Yes.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 12-27-2011 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 12-27-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Knight, not that I want to infringe on your right to post as many threads as you feel like to, but what's the point of this redundancy...? Just about everybody here knows that's what you want. Are other guys' opinions going to sway you in the opposite direction...?! No. What exactly are you looking for...?
Honestly just kinda curious, about what qualities other guys find to be attractive and/or desirable, in women, is all

Just trying to get some broader perspective

Old 12-27-2011, 09:05 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Comments below in bold font.
1. I like some affection, but I also need personal space.
3. My opinion is that romantic love is conditional. I would not tolerate cheating for instance.
4. I like a woman that likes to argue. I hope she was raised well enough, to do so civilly.
6. Disagree.
7. Would not fit in with me, my friends or family.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:13 PM

Comments below...many thx for your thoughts, btw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
1. I like some affection, but I also need personal space. Space is important; I do not disagree
3. My opinion is that romantic love is conditional. I would not tolerate cheating for instance. Interesting...I hadn't thought of cheating, when I worded the question...thx for your thoughts...
4. I like a woman that likes to argue. I hope she was raised well enough, to do so civilly. Lol, I think I see what you mean...thx for sharing...
6. Disagree.
7. Would not fit in with me, my friends or family.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:43 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,696,091 times
1-4 sound awesome. Of course I want someone loving and caring in my life. Not totally unconditional though, certain things are unforgivable IMO.

5 is okay. Sometimes I can be hard-headed and need someone to be firm with me.

6 nah I'd like her to be more "worldly" in terms of culture or whatever, but in terms of physical intimacy I don't need the wild stuff.

7 Introverted is fine, I'm introverted, but I'd like someone who's gregarious. One can be outgoing while also being introverted.

8 sure why not, I mean I'm definitely not ready for marriage right now but if I met a girl now who ended up being just right for me then I'd definitely marry her in a few years (after graduating college of course).

I'm not sure what your question about "girlfriend/wife material" meant. Would the girl with those above traits be gf material for me? Or that I want someone who's gf/wife material? Yes with some exceptions to the former, yes to the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships