Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 09:37 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I just ran a quick search on Match.com for women between 4'11" and 5'4" between ages 21 and 35 in my area, NYC (i.e. the most shallow place on Earth) and 11 of 20 accepted a man 5'8" or shorter.

Yea. Short guys have it tough. I'm shorter than you. But you will not get anywhere in life thinking 5'8" is a MAJOR handicap...
I don't know - I think maybe Los Angeles might be giving us a run for our money!

My first boyfriend was 5'6". He's married to a woman who is 5'8" and beautiful!

Old 01-03-2012, 09:40 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,533,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
Why foreign women when there are so many pretty American women? Atleast you will have a common culture and can relate to growing up in the same nation instead of finding someone from a totally alien nation. However, this doesn't hold true in all cases, if there's compatibility the issue of nationality doesn't arise I guess.

Anyway, my question is why would the families of those Latin women agree to marry them off to an American in the first place? Most Latin families are very closely bonded and don't usually take too kind to one of their women marrying a man from a different race and nationality(American in this case) is what I have been told
I guess it depends on how you define "foreign." I grew up in the rural south and wasn't exposed to anything more "foreign" than one or two Mexican kids at my school before I went out into the broader world. Considering my background, sometimes it seems I have just as much in common with any given immigrant woman as I do with one who grew up in any given suburb of an American city. After dating a few "foreigners"(Iraqi, Columbian, Indian), I've developed a preference for them. I just find them more interesting than the majority of American women. I'm fascinated by other cultures. I have a weak spot for accents. Good thing there are plenty of "foreign" women in the U.S. so I don't have to travel too far.

As far as your second question...I think it depends on where you are. Here in Atlanta, it seems like the latino community is predominately working class and insular. In other places like California, NYC and Texas, they are much more established and it's much easier for a white guy to meet and date latina women just because they are more likely to run in the same social circles. I also think middle class families in general are much more open to their children dating outside their races or ethnicities than working class families. This probably applies in their home countries as well.

blah...blah

Last edited by DTL3000; 01-03-2012 at 09:50 AM..

Old 01-03-2012, 09:54 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Salma Hayek is actually of Arab ethnicity. And from a very rich Arab family in Mexico.
Plus Salma Hayek has Creole (Black Creole) ancestry on her mother's side (she spent some of her childhood with Creole family in New Orleans and Houston)

Old 01-03-2012, 09:57 AM

370 posts, read 1,366,270 times
I'm from NYC area and do not care about how short a guy is/was as long as he was well proportioned. I must be honest, I would not want to date a little person but other than that I wouldn't have cared.

The bottom line is most guys think they deserve hot women and do not want to compromise. Even the ugliest guy (or ones with void personalities/nothing to offer (and I don't just mean material goods) judge themselves as deserving of a super hot girl.

No fat chicks, no subpar average looking chicks, no one that their buddies would not vote 10 for=guys in their 30s and 40s and beyond alone.

Yeah, a real problem is a lot of us (normal, nice women) got snapped up at 23-30 and we had less expectations for rich men. We just wanted love and a good man with a good heart.

Maybe you guys are coming across older women who do not need an average guy because they make their own money?

Old 01-03-2012, 10:00 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Quote:
I recommend women from Mexico. She makes six figures,has a Bachelors degree, speaks four languages, great mother, great wife.

Quote:
...And how many women (or men) from Mexico (or ANY country), have acquired these skills?

This thread is a hoot. I think Ive opened the door to fantasy Island, or so my reality tells me so.
Now, whether folks openly admit it or not our country has be inundated with illegal, oops, undocumented people from Mexico. They leave their country in droves to cross the boarder because..........They are so poor, they have no money, no job, little education and often are terrorized by their government. They come, have babies, collect welfare and work illegally at jobs for low wages and no benefits. It is common knowledge that too many women from certain countries are subservient. They have little value as individuals in their own country. They are forced into all sorts of human trafficking. Yet we are to believe there are just tons of young, beautiful, educated, loving, women making 6 figures waiting to find husband from the US.

Because there arent any men in these countries? Because the women have it so great in their own country, with the education and great jobs, that they want to leave their families (because family is sooooo important) to come to the US (with no legal status) wants to have his children, keep house, and support an American husband (with their 6 figure US jobs in a failing economy) who cant find a mate in his own country even though he is handsome, educated, has a good job, no kids or exwife, etc. Why now?
Where is that banana boat?

While Im standing at the check out behind these exotic Madonnas with their 7 children saying "no speck anglish" while swiping their food stamp card people will wonder why I suddenly LOL. Hey, I could try to get their phone numbers for some of you guys and save you a trip overseas.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:03 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarysPoppins View Post
I'm from NYC area and do not care about how short a guy is/was as long as he was well proportioned. I must be honest, I would not want to date a little person but other than that I wouldn't have cared.

The bottom line is most guys think they deserve hot women and do not want to compromise. Even the ugliest guy (or ones with void personalities/nothing to offer (and I don't just mean material goods) judge themselves as deserving of a super hot girl.

No fat chicks, no subpar average looking chicks, no one that their buddies would not vote 10 for=guys in their 30s and 40s and beyond alone.

Yeah, a real problem is a lot of us (normal, nice women) got snapped up at 23-30 and we had less expectations for rich men. We just wanted love and a good man with a good heart.

Maybe you guys are coming across older women who do not need an average guy because they make their own money?
Tried to rep you for this!

Old 01-03-2012, 10:04 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
This thread is a hoot. I think Ive opened the door to fantasy Island, or so my reality tells me so.
Now, whether folks openly admit it or not our country has be inundated with illegal, oops, undocumented people from Mexico. They leave their country in droves to cross the boarder because..........They are so poor, they have no money, no job, little education and often are terrorized by their government. They come, have babies, collect welfare and work illegally at jobs for low wages and no benefits. It is common knowledge that too many women from certain countries are subservient. They have little value as individuals in their own country. They are forced into all sorts of human trafficking. Yet we are to believe there are just tons of young, beautiful, educated, loving, women making 6 figures waiting to find husband from the US.

Because there arent any men in these countries? Because the women have it so great in their own country, with the education and great jobs, that they want to leave their families (because family is sooooo important) to come to the US (with no legal status) wants to have his children, keep house, and support an American husband (with their 6 figure US jobs in a failing economy) who cant find a mate in his own country even though he is handsome, educated, has a good job, no kids or exwife, etc. Why now?

While Im standing at the check out behind these exotic Madonnas with their 7 children saying "no speck anglish" while swiping their food stamp card people will wonder why I suddenly LOL. Hey, I could try to get their phone numbers for some of you guys and save you a trip overseas.
Tried to rep you too!

Yeah...this poster is a trip.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEssex View Post
No where did i bash american women in this thread. The fact of the matter is American men and foreign women have been insulted far far more in this thread then the other way around. truth hurts. toodles!
Sure ya did

Let's start with your thread starting post

Quote:
No need for you guys to go to Asia or Russia. that is too far and the stories Ive heard are too shabby. My lovely wife is from Mexico and I can tell you her culture respects and admires GOOD men. She makes six figures,has a Bachelors degree, speaks four languages, great mother, great wife. I wouldnt and couldnt be happier. You have all that you need in this hemisphere, no need to go to russia or Asia for some chick that just wants a meal ticket or pass into this country!
Then there was this comment...

Quote:
Of course there are exceptions to any rule, but myself and friends/coworkers I've knows that have married Latin women are extremely happy. We have 50/50 equitable marriages, no b.s., put each other first. When you put a woman first in America you are considered "weak" and "not a challenge". When you put a Latina woman first in your life along with your family you are considered a gentleman. I prefer the latter distinction.
And then you get really snide and snarky here....

Quote:
Defensive are we? That Tom Brady must be a loser who couldnt find love because he married a Brazilian. George Clooney is practically married to an italian he must be socially inept. Keep putting things in your head and telling yourself whatever makes you feel good. Salma Hayek was rated the most desirable woman recently amongst men from the US. American women IN GENERAL were so much more attractive before feminism. For those of us that care about more than just looks on our women to include those things which truly are important in this world, South and central America is a great , close option. I dont think somebody should go there just to find a mate, I directed the thread at the poster in another thread so that he wouldnt make the mistake of doing the mail order thing in russia or Thailand. He should go take a Spanish immersion program down there, or something along the lines to better himself, and then see what happens while he was down there. My friend met his wife while in medical school in Guadalajara, my other buddy met his wife while in the Peace Corps in Argentina, and yet another met a wonderful venezualan dentist while he was down there in Spanish immersion school.

Nope, nothing bashing American women in any of your posts

Old 01-03-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Spot on! Repped and a round of applause!

Old 01-03-2012, 10:28 AM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Oh lord here we go again! Didn't we just go through 50 pages of this? Somebody please shoot me now.
Not 50 pages, but yes, I had to close down a previous thread about mail order brides. I had hoped that this thread might not turn into a free-for-all personal barb fest, but I was wrong.

People, PLEASE, PLEASE do not attack each other in the threads and refrain from making gross generalizations about gender, race, etc.

Before posting on any thread, please READ THE OP and make your post relative to the topic persented therein.

Play nice, kids!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships