Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 11:52 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,728,231 times

Advertisements

Believe it or not, January, the thick of winter and amazing weather in the midst of winter. So bad I'm lounging around in shorts and top siders.

I was supposed to eat, then go on a trip by the Hudson river palisades, but I had lunch all by myself with the messy mommies and fat daddies in the sandwich shops.

She said she is sick, caught cold and allergies, and I think I wanna ask for a doctor's certificate. Just kidding. If I postpone, there will be war How is that the women always get away with disappointing men. Men are very forgiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 11:55 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Sorry your weekend plans were ruined by your date's cold

But why would you choose to believe she got sick on purpose, or is somehow lying to you about being sick at all?

Don't go all misogynist on us Ant!

Old 01-07-2012, 11:58 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,298,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Believe it or not, January, the thick of winter and amazing weather in the midst of winter. So bad I'm lounging around in shorts and top siders.

I was supposed to eat, then go on a trip by the Hudson river palisades, but I had lunch all by myself with the messy mommies and fat daddies in the sandwich shops.

She said she is sick, caught cold and allergies, and I think I wanna ask for a doctor's certificate. Just kidding. If I postpone, there will be war How is that the women always get away with disappointing men. Men are very forgiving.
Just because it isn't cold doesn't mean that there are not allergies. In winter plants tend to shed in different ways and evergreen trees drive me crazy!

Men tend to be more forgiving but I also think that jumping to conclusions is more of a man thing as evidenced by your post.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Sorry your weekend plans were ruined by your date's cold

But why would you choose to believe she got sick on purpose, or is somehow lying to you about being sick at all?

Don't go all misogynist on us Ant!
I'm just bummed coz I set my camera up for a wonderful nature photography session.

But I'm just saying... if I cite something and pull out, she will not take it as gracious as I did. Any woman for that example.

I'm not a misogynist No way.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:05 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,298,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I'm just bummed coz I set my camera up for a wonderful nature photography session.

But I'm just saying... if I cite something and pull out, she will not take it as gracious as I did. Any woman for that example.

I'm not a misogynist No way.
It is wrong to lump everyone together when it comes to being less gracious in my opinion.

If you feel like your ladyfriend is doing this on purpose then ambush her. Make her some soup and bread and bring it over as a get well gift.

If she isn't sick then you caught her in a lie and discovered a problem in your relationship.

If she is sick then you win tons of sweet boyfriend points.

It is a win-win scenario.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:11 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,187 times
heh, I have to put on my ac in my car down here in AZ..my car even almost over heated the other day . been wearing shorts and dresses to cool off, eesh!

I must not be meeting these forgiving men cause if I so much as blink the wrong way, I get dumped. but hey, I was stood up a few months ago because he "over slept". I forgave him because he worked a backwards schedule, then fast forward over 2 months later, he tried to pull the same thing, but this time, he let me go over to his place and I saw for myself that he had just woken up from falling asleep on purpose. I say on purpose because I spoke to him literally 2 hours before he was supposed to pick me up. I didn't forgive him that time and instead of yelling at him, my voice was very stern (which I hear men find scarier than yelling) in order to make myself very clear that he was being an a-hole. my point is, women, at least this woman <-----, is way too forgiving! Also, if I would have stood up a man for "over sleeping", I can bet I never would have heard from him again. so don't talk smack about how women don't forgive if a man gets sick . I've had men cancel on me for being sick too..forgave that one, no problem.

anyways, we need more forgiving men in the world so AC don't change that! lol

Old 01-07-2012, 12:13 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,381,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
If you feel like your ladyfriend is doing this on purpose then ambush her. Make her some soup and bread and bring it over as a get well gift.

If she isn't sick then you caught her in a lie and discovered a problem in your relationship.

If I'm home sick in bed, the LAST thing I want is some guy, I cancelled a date with, dropping by, and seeing me in my pajamas with messy hair.

In fact, it might kill my interest in that guy entirely...

Save showing up with soup and flowers until you're officially boyfriend and girlfriend - doing it sooner is just not a good idea!

Old 01-07-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
It is wrong to lump everyone together when it comes to being less gracious in my opinion.

I don't know her long enough to go to her house. But I believe her sort of.

I postponed a date citing Hurricane Irene. And the rest as they say is history

Old 01-07-2012, 12:15 PM

499 posts, read 892,073 times
my allergy comes in winters. i'm ill because of allergies right now( yesterday my nose turned into red.

i guess my sentence was horrible

i have allergy
i caught allergies

?? how can i say it

lol

Old 01-07-2012, 12:16 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoowhoo View Post
my allergy comes in winters. i'm ill because of allergies right now( yesterday my nose turned into red.

i guess my sentence was horrible

i have allergy
i'm allergy

?? how can i say it

lol
I have an allergy that shows up during winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships