Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 02:40 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Why? The ladyfriend or because Irish Spring isn't sold in your area?
I was told that the Irish spring makes my skin too dry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 02:41 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I never thought of the tourist spotwe use facecloths or at least I do...running out to buy body wash...
It's not really about the personal hygiene. That's only a number two.

Number one is "Compassion" for the soap LMAO

Old 01-08-2012, 02:41 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
This is unbelievable. I read the whole thread.

People used the same soap? Same soap? Same????

When I pick soap, the first tourist spot it goes to is my crotch. Again, I'm doing this in another person's house when the tourist spot is the same but country is different? I will not let anyone re-use my soap, won't say it explicitly but it's assumed that a second person is not using this. My mama once threw a fit when one of her boys tried to use the same soap as little kids.

Speechless. Some people. All my life, me, my family and others, never used the same personal products.

Do you also share tooth brush? LOL
LOL!

I have dispensers on the shower wall that have different shampoos and soaps in them so I can change it up and use whatever I like at that time.

I have a seperate claw foot bathtub and I have a rack that I put my bath items in.

I keep a glass cabinet for all of my different lotions, soaps, gels, bath puffs, scrubbers, loofahs, massage stones ect in.

I also have a cabinet for thick, fluffy, white, super absorbent towels.

Plenty of counter space and floor heating.

I am one happy camper.

The best soaps I have found are made by Laduree the French dessert shop that is famous for its macroons. There are different ones that smell of roses, salt and caramel, milk and honey, chocolate and strawberries, strawberry shortcake and tea.

Many might think this is weird but I also collect rubber ducks.

Oh rubber ducky! You're the one!

Old 01-08-2012, 02:43 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
I was told that the Irish spring makes my skin too dry.
Such a pity!

I know it is considered to be 'cheap' soap but I have always loved the smell of Irish Spring. I used to steal the soap from my step father's bathroom to use it because I like it that much.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:44 PM

499 posts, read 891,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
This is unbelievable. I read the whole thread.

People used the same soap? Same soap? Same????

When I pick soap, the first tourist spot it goes to is my crotch. Again, I'm doing this in another person's house when the tourist spot is the same but country is different? I will not let anyone re-use my soap, won't say it explicitly but it's assumed that a second person is not using this. My mama once threw a fit when one of her boys tried to use the same soap as little kids.

Speechless. Some people. All my life, me, my family and others, never used the same personal products.

Do you also share tooth brush? LOL
tooth brush or towel etc. are different than this. soap melts and used parts goes by water. so what's the problem?

Old 01-08-2012, 02:48 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Anyway, soap sees too much a$$, commits slow suicide and eventually disappears.

The many a$$es it sees the quicker the downward spiral.

A fitting tale of tragedy

Conversation between soap and toilet seat:

Soap: My life sucks.
Toilet Seat: Mmmmm....
Soap: Everywhere I turn it stinks, though I am not supposed to stink
Toilet Seat:.........
Soap: Each time the door opens I shudder
Toilet Seat: Well....
Soap: I keep talking, are you even listening?
Toilet Seat: You fricking melt away anyway and you think you're the one with problems??

Old 01-08-2012, 02:51 PM

499 posts, read 891,766 times

Old 01-08-2012, 02:55 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I never thought about this before I saw an episode of Oprah where she discussed not wanting to use soap that anyone else had used and that she always put out a new bar for house guests. When I was married we shared the shower and soap. For house guests, I just left the soap in the bathroom from one guest to another.

How do you feel about using a bar of soap for bathing that someone else has used?
Always put out a fresh bar for guests and travel with my own when I go other places.

I never share a bar of soap except with my husband

Old 01-08-2012, 03:38 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
I asked b/c this was something I never gave a 2nd thought to until I heard Oprah. It never bothered me when visiting others I know but a motel is different. I expect new soap in commercial spaces.

It never dawned on me that a guest of mine might not like the "used" soap. I now put out fresh but cheaper bars for guests. Mine are organic rose, lavendar, or frankinsense/myrrh in MY bathroom.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:43 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I asked b/c this was something I never gave a 2nd thought to until I heard Oprah. It never bothered me when visiting others I know but a motel is different. I expect new soap in commercial spaces.

It never dawned on me that a guest of mine might not like the "used" soap. I now put out fresh but cheaper bars for guests. Mine are organic rose, lavendar, or frankinsense/myrrh in MY bathroom.
Guess Oprah and I have more in common than I realized, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships