Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 07:50 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,747 times

Advertisements

Ugh, red flag indeed. That's really cheap and inconsiderate behavior. Has she offered to pay for any dates herself? Expecting you to pay for all the dates is pretty tacky, but not contributing or even talking to you about it in a group dinner is just wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 07:53 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Ugh, red flag indeed. That's really cheap and inconsiderate behavior. Has she offered to pay for any dates herself? Expecting you to pay for all the dates is pretty tacky, but not contributing or even talking to you about it in a group dinner is just wrong.
no the first time she kinda made a half hearted attempt at pulling out her purse but other than that no

Old 01-13-2012, 07:56 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
Even in different departments, I would be cautious about dating co-workers. I have seen too many people burned. But thats not what the thread is really about.

I think you need to definately set some ground rules if your going to continue dating her.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Even in different departments, I would be cautious about dating co-workers. I have seen too many people burned. But thats not what the thread is really about.

I think you need to definately set some ground rules if your going to continue dating her.

my job isnt going to last more than another 6-7 months because of outsourcing. This isnt a serious committed relationship or anything right now, and im not even sure its someone that i would even want to pursue a relationship with

Old 01-13-2012, 08:05 AM

410 posts, read 743,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
my job isnt going to last more than another 6-7 months because of outsourcing. This isnt a serious committed relationship or anything right now, and im not even sure its someone that i would even want to pursue a relationship with
I think if you spend time with her again you should be upfront that you expect her to contribute to the date. And yes, it is a red flag that you two aren't serious and she didn't contribute toward a group outing. She may just be using you (and others) to pay her way. Best of luck.

Oh, and if you aren't comfortable telling her directly then just ask the waitress for separate checks. She should get the hint.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:22 AM

im not gonna spend time with her again unless she initiates it, im just gonna treat it as she isnt interested or using me or playing games with me and forget it. I'll still be professional about it but from a romantic standpoint i feel like im wasting my time

Old 01-13-2012, 08:39 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
yeah pretty much everyone that was left fronting the bill. Not sure... cannot read her at all.. she semi ignored me at the bar.. honestly i think she is playing me. I dont give her much attention at all, not overly nice to her or anything. She shows interest in me at times then other times doesnt initiate. Not sure if shes playing games with me or is just trying to be a player but im just gonna ignore her until she initiates and just move on
Time for you to ask her to meet you for lunch somewhere. Driving seperately.

Say.."Thanks for lunch" Then, you dash out of the resturant before the bill arrives. Wooo!!

Leave her with the bill. Is that wrong??

Old 01-13-2012, 08:42 AM

haha say i have to go to the bathroom and then just leave her with the bill

Old 01-13-2012, 08:43 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
Quote:
no because its only been under a month since we've been dating if u want to call it that. And my parents met and got married, and they work together so i dont really believe the whole dont date at work. If you work directly with the person sure but they work in a different department and i can go multiple days without saying or talking to them
Yeah you definitely need to give her the Heisman maneuver. Cant stand people that feel entitled.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:50 AM

646 posts, read 801,783 times
You should end it now.If your already having doubts a month in then it probally is only going to get worse and could possibly cause trouble at work down the road.And for her not to even mention if you were ok with paying before she left or at least letting the group know that you would be paying for is not very classy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships