Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 05:53 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times

Advertisements

Perhaps you could consider dating Goth women with similar thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 07:54 AM

404 posts, read 701,635 times
Well several times I've had women my age tell me things such as "You're cute" and similar. But it's always the ones with boyfriends, or the ones who made clear that I'm just a friend.

To tell the truth, after some time the situation gets suspicious... It's as if everybody was speaking about some new McDonalds burguer: "Oh it looks tasty!" "Yeah!" But when it's time to order nobody wants it...

Old 01-19-2012, 09:44 AM

884 posts, read 1,405,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprague and Henwood View Post
I'm hideous too but my wife doesn't mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Same here.
I'm more hideous than you both and my wife doesn't mind.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:38 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
What's the best thing an ugly guy can do for himself? Go to the gym and get buff.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:17 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Perhaps you could consider dating Goth women with similar thoughts?
Nah, not into that goth stuff.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:18 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Nah, not into that goth stuff.
You could try finding someone equally pessimistic?

Old 01-19-2012, 03:24 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You could try finding someone equally pessimistic?
Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh ... I'd enjoy hanging out with him.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:27 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
To me my husband was always attractive, sexy, masculine, cute, a real turn-on, etc. etc. whether he was 175 lbs or 250 lbs and he was still attractive to me, although, perhaps, a tiny,tiny bit less sexy when he got to 300++ pounds or when he had cancer and dropped to 125 pounds.
He looked fabulous when he was in college and saved money by only getting his hair cut every four months (man, was he shaggy!), he still looks fabulous when he has regular haircuts and I'm sure that he will continue to look fabulous to me when, or if, he starts to lose his hair.
He looked great with his crooked teeth, great after we spent $2000 to get them straightened and he still looks great even now after a few teeth have fallen out and we can't afford to replace them.

What's my point? The outside may change but it is the inside that matters. When I met my husband 43 years ago (yikes!) he was well-read, smart, a good conversationalist, had a great sense of humor, just an all around nice guy. He is still all of those things. They have nothing to do with the "outside package" so my love for him doesn't change if that changes. Most people really don't care about the outside, it is the inside that matters. So, develop friendships and get to know more people and don't be afraid to show your "inside qualites" and don't worry as much about your perceived "outside package". I wish you the best of luck.

BTW, My husband also couldn't tell when he was being "checked out" or "hit on" by other women. One of his secretaries was so obvious about it everyone noticed it but him. So just because you haven't noticed women checking you out doesn't mean that it isn't happening.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:11 PM

354 posts, read 617,925 times
Quote:

but of course none of them are women my age, all are either men or old women

and I think I look hideous

and I've never had a woman my age show any interest in me whatsoever.

I'm sick of this garbage. So, yeah, my dad is always saying that women are checking me out and crap like that, and he says I'm attractive.

But I personally think I'm hideous, and I've never noticed any woman ever checking me out. Not once in my entire life.

So why does my dad torture me with this crap ? He knows I'm an ugly piece of garbage and that I'm never going to have a girlfriend. He must be sadistic

So what if you are a hideous monster? Play the card you are dealt and live life.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:34 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
This is what I think is true. The truth is that I am extremely ugly, but my dad's trying to make me feel better. It doesn't work.

I'm actually not going to kill myself, because I'm helping my parents very much with their health issues. If I were to die right now, they would be completely devastated, and it might even be tough for them to survive. To tell you the truth my awareness that my parents need me very much is the only thing that's keeping me from offing myself right now. I have a lot of suicidal thoughts, but they're "distant" suicidal thoughts, things I plan to do to myself in, say, 20 years once my folks are gone & there's nobody left who cares whether I'm alive or dead.

I am seeing a therapist, but so far it hasn't been a lot of help. I'm a "tough customer" because I rebel whenever anyone tells me what to do. I hate being told what to do with my own life above all other things. I'd rather be miserable than do what someone tells me to do.
I feared you might say something like that. Look, why not surround yourself with people who care for you and who value you as a person? Your parents do, but other people as well. Volunteer, join groups (maybe a church group if you're religious), get involved with disabled people or something. You need to build your self-esteem on something OTHER than looks. What about your character? Seems like you've been helping your folks, that's one tick in your box. There must be a woman out there for you...

Even if you look like the Hunchback of Notre Damme you have as much right to life, liberty and happiness as anybody else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships