Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 06:31 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,635 times

Advertisements

but of course none of them are women my age, all are either men or old women

and I think I look hideous

and I've never had a woman my age show any interest in me whatsoever.

I'm sick of this garbage. So, yeah, my dad is always saying that women are checking me out and crap like that, and he says I'm attractive.

But I personally think I'm hideous, and I've never noticed any woman ever checking me out. Not once in my entire life.

So why does my dad torture me with this crap ? He knows I'm an ugly piece of garbage and that I'm never going to have a girlfriend. He must be sadistic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 06:34 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,210,172 times
Somebody needs a hug.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:35 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Attitude and demeanor trump attractiveness. Unless you find value in yourself, no one else will either.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:36 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post

I'm sick of this garbage. So, yeah, my dad is always saying that women are checking me out and crap like that, and he says I'm attractive.

But I personally think I'm hideous, and I've never noticed any woman ever checking me out. Not once in my entire life.

So why does my dad torture me with this crap ? He knows I'm an ugly piece of garbage and that I'm never going to have a girlfriend. He must be sadistic
Uh...maybe he says it because he means it?

Dude, sounds like you need some professional help.

There really are ways to help folks like you with poor body self image and I hope you get it.

You've got to learn to love yourself.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:11 PM

34 posts, read 65,359 times
The same thing happens with me...all the older women seem to go nuts and are all over me...the young ones my age (30 ish) not so much.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:19 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
First off, he probably said it because he meant it.

You've got to get a better attitude dude. OF COURSE you're never going to have a girlfriend if you think you won't. If you've got the confidence of a wet paper towel then women are not going to be attracted to you.

One needn't delude themselves into thinking they look like Ashton Kutcher, by the way. You just gotta believe that you're not an ugly ogre. I don't think I'm that good looking, but I certainly don't let it affect me (or at least try not to).

You might want to consider therapy as well if you've really got body image issues. There's nothing to lose from it.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:32 PM

105 posts, read 127,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post

omg stop it, stop it now.
1. you are so fortunate to have a father in your life.
2. you are so fortunate to live in America.
3. because of 2 and 3 you should be thankful.
4. you tell yourself that you are ugly because you have a low self image, sorry.
5. fix your self image.
6. fix by looking in a mirror. Think "I am not ugly because...I am good looking because i have x hair, y facial features, z body shape"
7. if your hair is ugly, get it cut nice (ps do not pay more than $9 for this)
8. if your face is not attractive, consult the barber on this, get nice glasses, and get over it (in that order)
9. if you feel physically unattractive get in shape--eat better and gym
10. love yourself, strangers wont.
good luck

Old 01-17-2012, 07:40 PM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Oh, just post your picture and let us tell you THE TRUTH!

Old 01-17-2012, 07:42 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Oh, just post your picture and let us tell you THE TRUTH!
Seriously, I wish he would. I'd bet $100 he is not as unattractive and hideous as he THINKS he is.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:15 PM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times
He is probably very handsome and seeking (more) compliments!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships