Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 10:34 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times

Advertisements

And sorry, this is not to pick on Howdydoody or anyone else...however...

It seems that a lot of men cannot interpret when women aren't that into them or mistake women's kindness or casual interest for something deeply romantic. It seems common from men to sublimate their frustration with this situation and accuse a woman of game playing when she simply balances her politeness with her real priorities in life.

The reason why I say this is, I've been accused by random men of playing games with them, simply when they just weren't a major factor in my life for whatever reason. I waitress at a sports bar and I met all sorts of people day in and day out, male and female...I like to date as much as any young woman, but most of the times, it's kept casual. There are very few men that have really captured my imagination, but I'm very friendly with and open to meeting men the bulk of the time.

For example, I met this one guy a while back like maybe almost four years ago. He took me on 3 pretty nice dates, but we kept on getting into petty squabbles and I knew this would be a casual thing. I visited him once upstate, but we got into a major argument in which he basically said that since he spent a lot of money on me so far and I didn't put out, he was frustrated. So I wrote him off completely. Throughout the years he kept texting, messaging and calling out the blue so I finally say, why the heck not, and hang out with him again (mind you in this period of time my life changed a lot, I lived with two separate men yet I was single again). I go upstate, we go out on a really nice 2 day date of sorts and we have sex. The sex was horrible, and the following day we got into a random argument. However, when I get back this guy keeps sending me messages, texts, and calling. I feel like he's basically a nice guy absent of a lot of emotional immaturity, so I keep contact polite but I tell him I'm not interested in meeting. This last for about a period of a year.

However, we randomly encounter each other at a bar in downtown Manhattan when I'm out with my friends and he's out with his. He starts off nice, then starts randomly accusing me of "playing games" with him, and when I go to the bathroom and come back, my friends informed me he called me a c***, a tease, and a b****. Psycho! He starts so much drama we have to leave the bar.

And that's just a singular example. I've had sex with this guy once in almost 4 years, constantly turn down his advances otherwise, but remain friendly and I'm game playing? It just didn't work out, and I'm not that into you.

There are other numerous examples I can cite, with or absent of sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 10:40 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,282 times
I actually think your argument supports the assertion that you play games. If you are not interested in a guy, why not simply tell him that you enjoy his company but the friendship could never progress to a sexual relationship? Its pretty simple...and i've done it a few times to a number of women that misinterpreted my politeness for "interest." Be straight forward about your position and their wont be any confusion..kapish? :P

Old 01-20-2012, 10:50 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
And sorry, this is not to pick on Howdydoody or anyone else...however...

It seems that a lot of men cannot interpret when women aren't that into them or mistake women's kindness or casual interest for something deeply romantic. It seems common from men to sublimate their frustration with this situation and accuse a woman of game playing when she simply balances her politeness with her real priorities in life.

The reason why I say this is, I've been accused by random men of playing games with them, simply when they just weren't a major factor in my life for whatever reason. I waitress at a sports bar and I met all sorts of people day in and day out, male and female...I like to date as much as any young woman, but most of the times, it's kept casual. There are very few men that have really captured my imagination, but I'm very friendly with and open to meeting men the bulk of the time.

For example, I met this one guy a while back like maybe almost four years ago. He took me on 3 pretty nice dates, but we kept on getting into petty squabbles and I knew this would be a casual thing. I visited him once upstate, but we got into a major argument in which he basically said that since he spent a lot of money on me so far and I didn't put out, he was frustrated. So I wrote him off completely. Throughout the years he kept texting, messaging and calling out the blue so I finally say, why the heck not, and hang out with him again (mind you in this period of time my life changed a lot, I lived with two separate men yet I was single again). I go upstate, we go out on a really nice 2 day date of sorts and we have sex. The sex was horrible, and the following day we got into a random argument. However, when I get back this guy keeps sending me messages, texts, and calling. I feel like he's basically a nice guy absent of a lot of emotional immaturity, so I keep contact polite but I tell him I'm not interested in meeting. This last for about a period of a year.

However, we randomly encounter each other at a bar in downtown Manhattan when I'm out with my friends and he's out with his. He starts off nice, then starts randomly accusing me of "playing games" with him, and when I go to the bathroom and come back, my friends informed me he called me a c***, a tease, and a b****. Psycho! He starts so much drama we have to leave the bar.

And that's just a singular example. I've had sex with this guy once in almost 4 years, constantly turn down his advances otherwise, but remain friendly and I'm game playing? It just didn't work out, and I'm not that into you.

There are other numerous examples I can cite, with or absent of sex.

If he complained about you not putting out after taking you on dates then why would you have sex with him later?o.O

Old 01-20-2012, 10:52 AM

I don't think you actually paid attention to my post.

I was interested in him...casually...hence why we had sex but I didn't keep in contact, and when he did contact me, I was simply polite and said I wasn't interested in meeting. What more does a person need, a poster?

Old 01-20-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
If he complained about you not putting out after taking you on dates then why would you have sex with him later?o.O
Years had passed since that incident. And he seemed pretty nice and apologetic every time he contacted me, so I was inclined to think he had grown up. Obviously I was wrong. It happens.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:

She's doing nothing to lead the guy on though. I figure saying i'm not interested in dating should clue him in there.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Years had passed since that incident. And he seemed pretty nice and apologetic every time he contacted me, so I was inclined to think he had grown up. Obviously I was wrong. It happens.
Yeah thats too unforgivable for me to ever write off

Old 01-20-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I don't think you actually paid attention to my post.

I was interested in him...casually...hence why we had sex but I didn't keep in contact, and when he did contact me, I was simply polite and said I wasn't interested in meeting. What more does a person need, a poster?
How about a neon billboard?

Old 01-20-2012, 10:58 AM

My fav are the ones who read way too into a few casual flirts as it's supposed to give them the key to your panties now.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
My fav are the ones who read way too into a few casual flirts as it's supposed to give them the key to your panties now.
Men do that all the time, mistake a smile or a casually flirty comment for serious interest. Makes you not even want to be friendly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships