Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 01:33 AM

61,721 posts, read 87,123,005 times

Advertisements

The whole OP and following updates sound just unreal. I am still thinking that OP has a good time with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 01:37 AM

61,721 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamato3 View Post
I hope he's not an American either, that would just make me sick to my stomack to think that one of ours would treat someone that bad.
Oh, come on! Are you serious? You never saw any American man treating his SO "that bad" or worse??

Old 02-16-2012, 02:34 AM

30 posts, read 34,981 times
No, people don't treat their wives like this. I mean people argue sometimes on what they think is fair but guys don't treat their wives like 2nd rate citizens.

"I'm going overseas to work for a while. Pay for your own ticket to join me, then spend all of your time cleaning and cooking. Oh and by the way, you owe me for half of the overhead. Now, it's time to go to bed but I don't pay for it or the birth control you need."

So, this isn't like a wife, or a girlfriend, or a maid, or a concubine. What kind of crazy relationship is this?

No, I've never met anyone like these two. I mean I've heard of some tight SOBs but never like this.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:41 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
The whole OP and following updates sound just unreal. I am still thinking that OP has a good time with us.
Agreed and not just the OP.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,300 times
my husbnad doesn't like spending on me..... its going to be year to our marriage on 27 june and he has not bought a single gift for me since we got married..... my birthday was just a month after my marriage and he celebrated it just to show off in front of my parents..... he did not even talk to me properly on that day, did not hug or kiss and went straight to bed after the house party..... he has his own business and its not going that well at the moment which i understand and i try not to spend even on a bar of twix or mars but he spends thousands of rupees on his son from his first marriage which i seriously would not have a problem with but once i asked for a dress and he said he doesn't have the money for it... if he gives me 100 bucks he will ask me where i spent it , on what and why and how much is left..... i got fed up and i started working at a school... the pay is not high but atleast i can spend on myself..... i go days without spending....maybe around a month..... first i was not allowed to work because he thought i would not be able to manage home and work together.....

Old 06-07-2013, 12:43 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I am really surprised that so many husbands and wives nowadays, handle their finances this way. I have someone with exact same situation in my family, and they are having similar types of problems. Your husband is nothing but a selfish prick, to put it mildly. Where did all these incredibly selfish people come from? A loving husband should go out of his way to ensure that his wives needs are met, first and foremost. He should be the one with an old phone and an old laptop. Everyone in this society just cares about their own behind and everything they do, is for their own benefit. Ugly. I would normaly never advise withholding sex, but in your case, maybe you can go without the pill for few months, and see how quickly your phone gets upgraded. It truly is a magic pill. Sorry for the harsh words, I just hate selfish people.
lol@him being the one with the crap phone
i agree he should spend more on her- but that doesnt mean she should be a prostitude

Old 06-07-2013, 12:45 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth1929 View Post
Im Beth. I have been married for nearly 2 years.

We have shared which bills we each will pay and he does not want to have a joint account.

After expenses savings and investments $300 is left in my account every month and $1600 is left in his a/c. I use that $300 to buy cloths, shampoo, the pill, lunch when I didn’t take it from home, shoes, bags etc (not designer stuff and not every month) and the rest is spent for my car maintenance.

He uses his balance to buy things for himself. He buys expensive designer shirts. Latest gadgets (iphone, ipad, xbox , laptops etc)

My laptop is so old. My phone is old. I ve been talking about buying a laptop for a few months. He does not offer to buy.

His gifts on special days are always around $40-$50.not that I expect expensive things or I keep records but a man sometimes buys his wife something like jewelry too correct?

Do you think it’s fair that he spends everything-I know it’s what he earned - for himself or do you think he should offer to buy me things because he has loads of fun money? (If I had that much money, I would definitely buy things for him too)

If you had more spending money, would you offer to buy things for your spouse or would you keep spending all money on yourself?

thanks for reading and answering
We've seen this thread before.... zzz

Old 06-07-2013, 03:31 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I am really surprised that so many husbands and wives nowadays, handle their finances this way. I have someone with exact same situation in my family, and they are having similar types of problems. Your husband is nothing but a selfish prick, to put it mildly. Where did all these incredibly selfish people come from? A loving husband should go out of his way to ensure that his wives needs are met, first and foremost. He should be the one with an old phone and an old laptop. Everyone in this society just cares about their own behind and everything they do, is for their own benefit. Ugly. I would normaly never advise withholding sex, but in your case, maybe you can go without the pill for few months, and see how quickly your phone gets upgraded. It truly is a magic pill. Sorry for the harsh words, I just hate selfish people.
That's kinda like what the government does, the very first place they start spending cuts is where it will hurt the people the absolute most even though they know there are a million other things that could be cut that no one would even notice.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
I just don't understand it. If everything is going to be separate why get married? If I couldn't trust my spouse in all things I wouldn't get married. People trust their spouse enough to eat the food they prepare but won't commingle the money..

Today society is dysfunctional that the abnormal is now normal.
A lot of people are now NOT getting married. There is really no reason for it unless you have kids. I have heard of WAY too many horror stories, I have known NUMEROUS people close to me that have got burned in divorces. Its not rare to get burned anymore so people do the best they can to protect themselves because a lot of people are really good at masking who they really are for long periods of time.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_residents View Post
Sounds OP may have green card issue. After OP gets green card, divorce this man. He is using OP for free cleaning, cooking, and sex worker.
They should never make green cards permanent in the event of a divorce, if you divorce you should have to go home. To many people abuse the system to get into the country. IF your going to get permenant residence to live here you should have to do it on your own resume (doctor, engineer, scientist, etc). We have enough unskilled layabouts in this nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships