Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 06:51 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,745 times

Advertisements

This thread made me analyze my own marriage. MY husband's first marriage - he said his ex got ALL his checks.

Our marriage? - HE get ALL his checks. We don't have joint account. Maybe when I get a job. Right now, he is the only 1 working. I am okay with separate accounts though even if I start working.

He doesn't make a lot actually most of his grumpyness is rooted with short of funds. I don't ask him for anything coz even if I did he won't do it coz he has no money.

I told him recently I want a bike instead of buying me 1 he called his bro in law who got 2 bikes from trash, LOL. Nothing wrong with the bikes though the owner put it in trash coz they were splattered with white paints. YES 2 bikes in trash coz of paint splash - only in america people.

Anyway my husband may not have money but he tries to show me he cares like when he bought a used book it gives 1 free book so he took a tennis book for me. How cheap.... errr sweet.

Also 1 time I made a mistake of telling him I put my left over lunch money he gave to me in my bank he said I 'steal' from him. So he took back the $20 lunch money he gave me for the week.

Anyway I am not a user type and I know he really don't have much money so I don't ask for anything. Usually when I ask for something he can't afford he thinks of other ways to give me what I want like when I told him I want to go to harry potter world in FL just so I can finally taste the butterbeer. Well he does not have money to go to FL but he has money to make me his own butter beer so that's what he did he look up how to make a butter beer and made it for me, LOL.

So I think my husband is not that bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 08:04 AM

426 posts, read 558,982 times
My inlaws have separate accounts and it makes me laugh seeing them giving each other checks for buying stuff... seems complicated to me. (they each have two checking accounts) Maybe iam stupid or simple but having one account allows us to trust each others judgment when the I want and I need comes into play.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:41 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Dude, could you combine responses into a single post, maybe?

Old 11-18-2013, 02:31 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,958,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trillcosby View Post
Are you keeping him sexually satisfied? House clean? Cooking? If a PROVIDER traditional role is what you expect of him, then shouldn't he expect the same of you?
LOL! OP should earn the right to her husband's money by virtue of marriage and not because she is sexing him. OP I have a thread here about how women should ""stash'" money away. You really should be ""stashing"" some of his money for rainy daysQ

Old 11-18-2013, 02:44 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
He's only on page 14, you guys.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:52 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
OMG. 24 replies, so far, to a 5 month old thread...this doesn't bode well, does it.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:54 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Maybe he doesn't know how to multiquote?

Old 11-18-2013, 03:04 PM

3,984 posts, read 5,016,050 times
Maybe he has so much hatred for women it simply can't be contained in one post.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:25 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth1929 View Post
Im Beth. I have been married for nearly 2 years.

We have shared which bills we each will pay and he does not want to have a joint account.

After expenses savings and investments $300 is left in my account every month and $1600 is left in his a/c. I use that $300 to buy cloths, shampoo, the pill, lunch when I didn’t take it from home, shoes, bags etc (not designer stuff and not every month) and the rest is spent for my car maintenance.

He uses his balance to buy things for himself. He buys expensive designer shirts. Latest gadgets (iphone, ipad, xbox , laptops etc)

My laptop is so old. My phone is old. I ve been talking about buying a laptop for a few months. He does not offer to buy.

His gifts on special days are always around $40-$50.not that I expect expensive things or I keep records but a man sometimes buys his wife something like jewelry too correct?

Do you think it’s fair that he spends everything-I know it’s what he earned - for himself or do you think he should offer to buy me things because he has loads of fun money? (If I had that much money, I would definitely buy things for him too)

If you had more spending money, would you offer to buy things for your spouse or would you keep spending all money on yourself?

thanks for reading and answering
How one person in a marriage have more spending money than the other? Separate accounts? You buy your own stuff with "your" money and he buys with his? You sound like roommates. This would not work for me.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:49 PM

42 posts, read 43,784 times
get your own account, let him go broke on his own
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships