Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 08:25 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,587,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
When I first moved back to the South I was listening to some talk show. It was about mixed relationships. I was floored by how many black women called into say that black men are not faithful at all to thier women. Maybe of those women were dating outside of thier race because they had got tired of the cheating.

Men and women both cheat on each other with men obviously having a higher instance of infidelity due to a higher sex drive. Women, however, from a report I was looking at, were really not that far behind.

Infidelity, Cheating Wives - Women's Infidelity

Old 01-25-2012, 08:26 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,550,383 times
Usually, the difference between Black men and Black women who date/have relationships/marry interracially is that Black men tend to not only blame Black women but revile them in the most unnecessary manner. For the most part, Black women will not bash Black men to their non-Black partner.

The majority of my relationships have been with non-Black men however, I have NEVER bashed Black men to any of them. Many Black men feel the need to justify dating/have relationships/marry non-Black women by making Black women villians.

I do not have a problem with Black men having non-Black partners but I do believe that the tendency to "bad-mouth" Black women says far more about them than it does about Black women. They have a need to drag Black women through the gutter in order to place non-Black women on their pedestal. (Just ask Terrence Howard how well that worked out for him )

Old 01-25-2012, 08:28 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,308,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
usually, the difference between black men and black women who date/have relationships/marry interracially is that black men tend to not only blame black women but revile them in the most unnecessary manner. For the most part, black women will not bash black men to their non-black partner.

The majority of my relationships have been with non-black men however, i have never bashed black men to any of them. Many black men feel the need to justify dating/have relationships/marry non-black women by making black women villians.

I do not have a problem with black men having non-black partners but i do believe that the tendency to "bad-mouth" black women says far more about them than it does about black women. They have a need to drag black women through the gutter in order to place non-black women on their pedestal. (just ask terrence howard how well that worked out for him )
qft

Old 01-25-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
How are white women/european less loyal???

I can't give you specific citations at the moment if that's what you are looking for. I'm going to have to track it down if I can find it.

I have to admit though Sarah, I'm not fond of wikipedia as a solid source for a reference to substantiate a claim. Can't anybody log on that website and post whatever they want?

Old 01-25-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
(Just ask Terrence Howard how well that worked out for him )
LOL!!!!!

The issue was, he married an Americanized Asian woman so that was his mistake.

Had he learned to speak an Asian language, lived with the girl in her country, and played the role like he was just an averaged Joe, he would have been MUCH better off.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:41 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,102,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
From what I have seen:

1. Black women are very loyal to black men and don't like to date outside their race. Conversely, black men are NOT loyal to black women and they have no issues about dating outside their race.

2. Asian men are very loyal to Asian women and don't date outside their race very much. Conversely, Asian women are NOT loyal to Asian men and they have no issues with dating outside their race.

3. European men are very loyal to European women, where as, European women are less loyal to European men and will be more likely to date outside their race.

4. I'm not sure about Indians yet, but I do know that non Americanized Indian women are the least likely women of all races to date outside their race.

So what it looks to me is that within each race there is ONE sex that has a higher inclination to mate outside of their race.
I guess I'm not loyal/don't fit your stereotypes because I date people of all races.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
2. Oh sure, there are Asian men who do have the desire to date outside their race. I'm not disputing that.

3. I agree with you, my only point is that European women, apposed to European men are the ones that are less loyal. Your article proves that it may not be by much but they are still less loyal from my observations.
Maybe because a lot of white women are not open to dating Asian men as well, partly due to negative stereotypes. Although I saw more AM/WF couples in America than Australia. Some Australian women are also disgusted by the idea of dating dark-skinned men (we don't have as many blacks here). I only say this because I've overheard some of the discussions they've had. I heard one describe a certain very dark-skinned football player (granted he wasn't African, but Fijian) as gross because he was so dark. They're probably a minority, but maybe a sizable one. I wouldn't be surprised if most Aussie girls would strongly prefer to date white guys though.

Ironically, Asian men might've been better off in the past here.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
There's no such thing as "pure races" to begin with any more than there exists a colour such as "pure blue" or "pure red" or a "pure four-seasons climate" or "a pure English language of 1994, untainted by slang from 1993 or 1995", but people still act with the idea as if there are "prototypes" and then intermediates are just mixes between the "pure" prototypes rather than a natural spectrum.

Besides, some of the populations we think of as "races" today probably originated, developed and migrated back and forth across continents within the last 10, 000 years. They didn't pop out of the land as distinct and stay bounded, away from other such groups which popped out of the land, since time immemorial.
+1

And not only that, but the science is in that all non African people carry Neanderthal DNA. So in other words, Asians and Europeans are part Neanderthal.

All Non-Africans Part Neanderthal, Genetics Confirm : Discovery News

Old 01-25-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I guess I'm not loyal/don't fit your stereotypes because I date people of all races.
You all are taking this too literally. It's just a general observation, and by no means am I trying to stereotype people.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
+1

And not only that, but the science is in that all non African people carry Neanderthal DNA. So in other words, Asians and Europeans are part Neanderthal.

All Non-Africans Part Neanderthal, Genetics Confirm : Discovery News
Yes that is why I don't see 'interracial dating' as an issue. It's only an issue if it's an issue for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships