Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 03:55 PM

105 posts, read 111,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Even the black women?

As a Black woman, I've never had any issues with the police pulling me over for no reason. They tend to not bother me at all unless I am actually speeding or driving around with one headlight. Once I got pulled over by a white police officer for speeding and I didn't even have any car insurance and he just told me to buy some and be careful next time. I've gotten out of tickets a few times by white police officers(all male).
No not for women, but men.

We never had any women working with us, we were too crude for women.

It is hard enough to make it in this world as a white man, couldn't imagine being hispanic or black. That means I'd have to be well educated to make the same as I do now.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:59 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k28mas View Post

It is hard enough to make it in this world as a white man, couldn't imagine being hispanic or black. That means I'd have to be well educated to make the same as I do now.
Oh okay. Well, I know white men don't really bother me at all. They tend to be pretty nice and cordial.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Oh okay. Well, I know white men don't really bother me at all. They tend to be pretty nice and cordial.
I like most black women. Just some black men have a complex. They believe they have to try and be tough all the time.

Treating women like property instead of people.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:28 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:

It's hard being human, period.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:50 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
You're not 'truly sorry' for anything in regards to me, so spare me your fake sympathy.

With a statement such as the above, what you're trying to do is use women in my own family as way to prevent me from criticizing you and other black women.

You have no legitimate argument which is why all you can do is fall back on manipulation tactics to try and silence me.

You will not silence me, and I WILL speak against black women and their faults even if you happen to think of it as negative. Its time to GROW UP Sugar and face the music; maybe then you can find a man who will stick around.
In a nutshell, this is the attitude that far too many Black men happen to have....and are unapologetic for having. The sad part is that they do not recognize their own flaws and that they themselves are often the problem.

Many non-Black women are told by their Black men that Black women are "the debil" and are vilified to the hilt. However, when these men start letting their true colors fly, many of their women are blindsided and get a nice taste of the behaviors and attitudes that Black women have endured for a multitude of generations.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:55 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,017,674 times
Skin colour, hair colour, whatever, are meaningless and the sooner we get over these stupid superficial differences and attaching connotations to them the better.

Damn, in 2012, we walk around the urban jungle, talk and work and make love and buy things and travel and send text messages, and still somehow it matters to some people that more of your stone age ancestors gave birth on some chunk of rock with trees and bushes growing out of it and more of my stone age ancestors gave birth some distance away on the globe on some other chunk of rock with different looking trees and bushes, that may be a little more or less sunny or hot or cold for more of the year, and as a result of this look slightly different in surface detail.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:06 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
Quote:
I like most black women. Just some black men have a complex. They believe they have to try and be tough all the time.

Treating women like property instead of people.
That's so sweet I notice most white guys are really nice and cordial to me in public, they never give me a hard time at all. Unfortantely, its the opposite for black men. That's one of the pluses about being a black woman is I don't have to worry about the whole driving while black thing. It never affected me

Old 01-26-2012, 05:08 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
Skin colour, hair colour, whatever, are meaningless and the sooner we get over these stupid superficial differences and attaching connotations to them the better.

Damn, in 2012, we walk around the urban jungle, talk and work and make love and buy things and travel and send text messages, and still somehow it matters to some people that more of your stone age ancestors gave birth on some chunk of rock with trees and bushes growing out of it and more of my stone age ancestors gave birth some distance away on the globe on some other chunk of rock with different looking trees and bushes, that may be a little more or less sunny or hot or cold for more of the year, and as a result of this look slightly different in surface detail.
We've been trained to notice and exaggerate these details. I do think people who are exposed to more races on a daily basis begin to not care as much about those details, but see people for who they are. I had friends from many races but I didn't them of them as 'my Asian friend', 'my Indian friend', 'my Caucasian friend'. No, I thought of them as people, of their personality.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
That's so sweet I notice most white guys are really nice and cordial to me in public, they never give me a hard time at all. Unfortantely, its the opposite for black men. That's one of the pluses about being a black woman is I don't have to worry about the whole driving while black thing. It never affected me
That is so true.

Not to say there are not nice black men, but there are so many black men that treat women like dirt.

Common things I've heard from black men about women.

"I would never let a woman control the money, even if she was earning more"

"That B will do as I say"

"She'll take it anyway I want it"

"When I get her alone she'll learn who the boss is"

Old 01-26-2012, 05:12 PM

89 posts, read 138,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
In a nutshell, this is the attitude that far too many Black men happen to have....and are unapologetic for having. The sad part is that they do not recognize their own flaws and that they themselves are often the problem.

Many non-Black women are told by their Black men that Black women are "the debil" and are vilified to the hilt. However, when these men start letting their true colors fly, many of their women are blindsided and get a nice taste of the behaviors and attitudes that Black women have endured for a multitude of generations.
I've never dealt with any of these issues that I often witness online (between black men and women). My mom and dad have been married for a very long time and they have a solid/strong relationship. I guess I'm not privy to these 'black relationship issues' because it simply doesn't exist in my immediate family and I've only dated white guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships