Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 05:15 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k28mas View Post
That is so true.

Not to say there are not nice black men, but there are so many black men that treat women like dirt.

Common things I've heard from black men about women.

"I would never let a woman control the money, even if she was earning more"

"That B will do as I say"

"She'll take it anyway I want it"

"When I get her alone she'll learn who the boss is"
Whoa, is that what black guys are telling you? That is truly awful. Maybe that's why white guys are so nice and helpful to me when I'm out in public. I was hoping they were doing it to be genuine but it doesn't matter why at least they are respectful.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:15 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k28mas View Post
That is so true.

Not to say there are not nice black men, but there are so many black men that treat women like dirt.

Common things I've heard from black men about women.

"I would never let a woman control the money, even if she was earning more"

"That B will do as I say"

"She'll take it anyway I want it"

"When I get her alone she'll learn who the boss is"
So you've never heard the sisters dissin' black men?

Old 01-26-2012, 05:16 PM

89 posts, read 138,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Even the black women?

As a Black woman, I've never had any issues with the police pulling me over for no reason. They tend to not bother me at all unless I am actually speeding or driving around with one headlight. Once I got pulled over by a white police officer for speeding and I didn't even have any car insurance and he just told me to buy some and be careful next time. I've gotten out of tickets a few times by white police officers(all male).
The few times that I've been pulled over for speeding, I've only received warnings, no tickets. All of the officers were white males.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Whoa, is that what black guys are telling you? That is truly awful. Maybe that's why white guys are so nice and helpful to me when I'm out in public. I was hoping they were doing it to be genuine but it doesn't matter why at least they are respectful.
Don't take everything you hear as the gospel truth.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
So you've never heard the sisters dissin' black men?
It sounds like he is referring to guy talk, something that men will say amongst each other. He's probably never heard a black woman dissing blk men because he doesn't have platonic relationships with them

Old 01-26-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
It sounds like he is referring to guy talk, something that men will say amongst each other. He's probably never heard a black woman dissing blk men because he doesn't have platonic relationships with them
That's fair enough, just don't act like black women - or women for that matter - don't say similar things about men among themselves.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate_Cupcake View Post
I've never dealt with any of these issues that I often witness online (between black men and women). My mom and dad have been married for a very long time and they have a solid/strong relationship. I guess I'm not privy to these 'black relationship issues' because it simply doesn't exist in my immediate family and I've only dated white guys.
I have never experienced this directly with the "men in my life" but life experience tends to bring unsavory things across one's path from time to time in adulthoosd. Even for those of us who have lived the most sheltered childhood lives.

Oh, and please do not fool yourself into thinking that you will never experience anything except lollipops, rainbows and unicorns solely by being in relationships with non-Black men. Men are men.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I have never experienced this directly with the "men in my life" but life experience tends to bring unsavory things across one's path from time to time in adulthoosd. Even for those of us who have lived the most sheltered childhood lives.

Oh, and please do not fool yourself into thinking that you will never experience anything except lollipops, rainbows and unicorns solely by being in relationships with non-Black men. Men are men.
I wonder if some people are being especially nice to minorities because they're afraid of offending them? This applies to other races, gay people.etc.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I wonder if some people are being especially nice to minorities because they're afraid of offending them? This applies to other races, gay people.etc.
I think that may be the case. But I wouldn't complain about that, I'd rather them be nice then act like aholes to me

Old 01-26-2012, 05:37 PM

31,058 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Ive heard enough from Black female friends complaining about men, but its never been more than than white female friends complaining about men. Maybe a little more outspoken but not more often. And Ive seen more than one white woman dissing her black boyfriend. What I don't see as often is educated mixed couples of all races acting juvenile and dissing there SO.

It falls along the same line as American men complaining about all American woman being too aggressive and wanting a Russian, African or South American Bride instead, thinking they will be more subserviant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships