Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 01:06 PM

6 posts, read 5,606 times

Advertisements

So my story begins when I met this guy named Patrick at school. We got along perfectly and would hang out at school all the time. We would also call and txt each other to talk about everything. After a while I started to have feelings for him. My friends always told me to tell him how I felt because they think he likes me too. But I was scared to tell him because he is older. I am 20 turning 21 soon and Patrick is 27.

So right now its winter break and he always invites me to get dinner and see a movie but I would always be busy with my family. My family has been having problems and Patrick knows that because I tell him everything and I vent to him at times. We share a lot of personal things to each other and he means a lot to mean so I felt bad pushing him away. So we finally had plans to get dinner and I was ready to tell him how I really feel. but the day before I find out he has a gf now. He didn't tell me personally but from his Facebook status. I felt hurt and mad at myself, I cancelled on him because I needed some space to think. Patrick asked if he did something wrong and I didn't want him to think he did anything wrong so i told him no and that we needed to talk.

Even tho he has a girlfriend now I wanna tell him how I feel. I hope it wont mess up the friendship.
Do you think I should be honest with him or just keep my feelings hidden??
HELP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 01:11 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Why would you tell him this when he already has a girlfriend? What good can come from that?

Old 01-20-2012, 01:13 PM

160 posts, read 295,235 times
What are you hoping to accomplish by telling him? Are you hoping he'll leave his gf or do you just want him to know how you feel?

Old 01-20-2012, 01:31 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,214,288 times
If a woman really cares she would make time!! I am not sure what the family is going through, but it couldn't possibly have precluded you from getting coffee with him sometime or catching up in person over the break.....

He obviously moved on.

I wouldn't tell him, nor would I continue to project or have feelings towards him.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:50 PM

3,985 posts, read 5,016,782 times
I'm curious why he didn't tell you himself. If you two are that close, where you tell him everything, why then, didn't he tell you everything? It doesn't change the fact that he now has a GF...sorry, chick...I don't think you should tell him your feelings at this point. I would, however, be a little less open with everything in your life. I'm not saying to lie or anything suspicious, but that perhaps not sharing every detail with him will help you get over your feelings for him.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:08 PM

3 posts, read 3,258 times
Hi girl, you seem like someone very mature and responsible in a reasonable way. So, are you sure that he has a gf or is it just an assumption because you happened to view his facebook saw a girl and jump into conclusion?
My advice is, it is late if Patrick has a gf but it is not late if he does not has one. Because what you saw a on his fb might be just a friendly girl friend with no chemistry but the only way to find out is to sit him down with a coffee treat and ask him if he has a gf before you go on expanding your emotional feelings to him.
There is nothing wrong about asking, and knowing will prevent you from been hurt.
And, please if he says he has one, don't take it too hard and don't try to force your way because it will ness him up if he is a gentle man.
You seen decent, take your time and learn from this, and probably you will meet the right guy.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:39 PM

I just want him to know how I feel. I want to tell him that I am happy for him, I'll always be there for him and basically explain why I have been pushing him away.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:03 PM

3,925 posts, read 6,840,880 times
Screw that! If I were you, I would tell him! He deserves to make his own choice, from the sounds of it, he likes you back! The worst that could happen is that the friendship is ruined, but if he truly likes his GF he wont dump her. However, if he cares for you like I think he does. He will re-evaluate his decision to date anybody else.

Just so you know, there is a saying that guys are never "just friends" with girls. There is always an underlying motive, whether they admitt it or not.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:17 PM

Should I wait till he txt/call me or should I contact him? The last time we talked about was when I cancelled on him and he asked if he did something wrong and I told him no and that we needed to talk.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:23 PM

3,925 posts, read 6,840,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella54 View Post
Should I wait till he txt/call me or should I contact him? The last time we talked about was when I cancelled on him and he asked if he did something wrong and I told him no and that we needed to talk.
Well, it doesn't really matter who contacts whom first. I suppose since you said that you needed to talk I would recommend you contact him. Whether you want to tell him over the phone or in person is up to you. Do whatever is more comfortable, but do not say it over text.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships