Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 08:04 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
ya I have the same experience on Match. Some of these guys view my profile multiple times and STILL don't write me! even the ones you can tell are paying..its so weird!
Then why don't you write them? How hard is that? Obviously, they were attracted to something there to view your profile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 08:05 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Never tried POF. I have done almost 1,000 questions on OKC though so that helps. Everything is in the MORE bar for me which is good.

ok..but that still doesn't answer my question of where are you getting your facts from that if a woman is at least average, she should be bombarded with messages..

Old 02-01-2012, 08:06 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Quote:
Lol. You want to do it before Xmas. Women are lonely and looking for someone in the holiday season. Before Valentine's is good too.

I have been talking to about 10 women actively now everyday.
The first one who messaged me just said "Hi". I responded and never heard from her again. The second one actually responded again after I responded to her initial message, but then I didn't hear from her for about three weeks. She finally responded, we exchanged a couple of messages, and now I haven't heard from her for about a week and a half. The women I do find appealing ALL live in Canada, so I don't even bother with those. Apparently I need to move to Canada.

Edit: I've answered about 7-800 of those questions.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:07 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
ya I have the same experience on Match. Some of these guys view my profile multiple times and STILL don't write me! even the ones you can tell are paying..its so weird!
maybe they dont really like what they're seeing? Besides, online dating shoud be only one of many ways to meet new people/possible dates. What does it matter how many hits you get, is it some sort of contest? Are you not receiving enough messages for your self-perceived beauty?

Old 02-01-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Then why don't you write them? How hard is that? Obviously, they were attracted to something there to view your profile.
Some of them I do and no response. maybe some havent been online yet so who knows. one that did write me back turned out to be crazy! I slept with him once and he was already getting possessive of me questioning who I'm with and what I'm doing. I can't take that no matter how good looking anyone is! That and I don't know if they just forgot that they already viewed my profile and simply didn't write me the first time they viewed me becuase they didn't like something. I figure they have no reason to hesitate to write me..maybe that's a terrible assumption to make but that's what I think.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
maybe they dont really like what they're seeing? Besides, online dating shoud be only one of many ways to meet new people/possible dates. What does it matter how many hits you get, is it some sort of contest? Are you not receiving enough messages for your self-perceived beauty?
no its not a contest. I just want more chances to meet someone right for me, is all. I hate dating and plan to take down my profile the second I meet someone who is mutually interested in pursuing a relationship with me.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:33 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Quote:
ok..but that still doesn't answer my question of where are you getting your facts from that if a woman is at least average, she should be bombarded with messages..
From the women I talked to. Ask guys here too.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
welp...then I guess I'm the ugly one

Old 02-01-2012, 08:45 PM

11,371 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Quote:
There is some truth to that but from what I gather many of those messages are one liners or less. I can say that because I have read hundreds of profiles and I have seen that stated several times. It will say something like don't contact me unless you have something to talk about.

It's also a sad fact it's almost always the men that are expected to do the contacting.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:53 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times
Quote:
welp...then I guess I'm the ugly one
NO, you're not. Just saw your pics. You are cute with a hot body. Match.com guys are just screwed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships