Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2012, 10:27 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitarrius48 View Post
I agree totally with this. One can find easy sexual encounters here, I think, more so than in real life. I mean, there are sites just for that!
Not that I'm looking, because I am not, but how is this easy? Especially for men? Especially for ugly men?

Old 02-05-2012, 06:41 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
John13, it sounds like you just need to get more involved to meet some people. You are in your 50s, but what age range are you looking for in women? I think that makes all the difference.

It sounds like you're looking for someone to casually date and sleep with, but not commit to. I believe that's more apt to happen with women in their 20s and 30s. 40s and up are probably past that phase, though I suppose there are exceptions to every rule.
Thanks a lot for your response.

I do appreciate all feedback on this topic. It's been very interesting!

I went out to a concert last night and had a fantastic time. It doesn't always happen but I got to hang out with a young lady (31) and her older sister (married) most of the evening including after the show. When you get home after 3AM you know you had a good time.
We had great conversation and she seemed very interested in getting together another time. But, I've been through this before so I'll keep my expectations low and see where it goes.

I'm open to most ages but from the dating site I am on it is apparent I have little to nothing in common with women my age. The youngest I contacted was 42 and I only did that once when she said she preferred older men. She did not bother to write back. All the rest have been in their 50s.

As far as commitment - in the context of strict monogamy - that may not be in my best interest right now, or maybe ever. It has never worked for me before so maybe I'll try something different. I agree, I need to get out more but it's not like I never go out. I have an interest in just dating right now and see what happens. It's embarrassing to admit this but I need more experience in that area and it's the main reason why I started this topic. I've never been one to sleep around and I still have no interest in doing that.

Last edited by John13; 02-05-2012 at 06:52 AM..

Old 02-05-2012, 06:55 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
John13, it sounds like you just need to get more involved to meet some people. You are in your 50s, but what age range are you looking for in women? I think that makes all the difference.

It sounds like you're looking for someone to casually date and sleep with, but not commit to. I believe that's more apt to happen with women in their 20s and 30s. 40s and up are probably past that phase, though I suppose there are exceptions to every rule.
This is spot on. Younger women simply don't have as much "been there done that over it" as us older gals. I did plenty of no-strings connections...years ago. Fun? Sure...back then. Today I have zero interest in that sort of relationship. Certainly I don't want marriage, but I want a guy I know I can count on to be there tomorrow, next week, or a month from now, or longer. I have a busy and generally very good life. I don't have time to waste it on silly meaningless sexual encounters. I know what life is about now. I really didn't get it back then...but that's just a part of growing up.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:16 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
This is spot on. Younger women simply don't have as much "been there done that over it" as us older gals. I did plenty of no-strings connections...years ago. Fun? Sure...back then. Today I have zero interest in that sort of relationship. Certainly I don't want marriage, but I want a guy I know I can count on to be there tomorrow, next week, or a month from now, or longer. I have a busy and generally very good life. I don't have time to waste it on silly meaningless sexual encounters. I know what life is about now. I really didn't get it back then...but that's just a part of growing up.
I agree with you except the getting married part.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:22 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Finding just someone to have sex with ought to be pretty easy, especially for women. Finding someone you want to have sex with is pretty darn difficult.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:26 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Finding just someone to have sex with ought to be pretty easy, especially for women. Finding someone you want to have sex with is pretty darn difficult.
What's that old line? All cats are grey in the dark?

I am j/k

Old 02-05-2012, 10:35 AM

526 posts, read 955,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Spot on Sierra! There are plenty of undesirable characters out there

Old 02-05-2012, 10:46 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
John, I have read your profile and you are definitely someone I would date. We are roughly the same age, have a lot of things in common (like taste in music). I love sex and I have no issues about putting out in the absence of a committed relationship.

However, I sense that like most guys, you are looking for someone younger and more attractive, focusing on the outside rather than what is inside.

I may be 5,000 miles away at the moment but will be coming back to the US this summer to my farm which is less than 50 miles from you. So there.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:07 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
I am j/k
Doesn't work for me. I like some light on, too...

Old 02-05-2012, 11:10 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post

I am j/k
Everyone's pink on the inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships