Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 09:05 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,807 times

Advertisements

So lets say you're dating someone and everything is going fine.
Sex at home, sex in bed, sex in the kitchen sex in the foyer, sex on the couch... whatever.
Sounds normal right? well it does to me. When new relationships get to that sexual stage there tends to be a lot of it.

So down the line you may have moments of high sex like the good ol'days of first exploring each others bodies and moments when it's just "shug I'm tired lets cuddle and rest"

Any who what happens when things take a turn for the crazy... for example
You used to have sex whenever or wherever but now she (or he) begins to say things like "I don't do things like that on the sofa" or "why are you trying to sex me in the doorway of the house I'm a lady" or "I'm not that easy" and
I'm like... oops You're like WTF? This is what we always used to do. Now you're too much of a lady or gentleman for spontaneous sex? And WTF not that easy? I'm your man it's not like you're slU+ting it around with the rest of the town.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 09:11 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Sounds like she thinks all you want is sex from her. Try working on bonding in other ways too.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:12 AM

300 posts, read 659,484 times
That's weird. I would just ask about the change in a non-attacking manner. Don't say "we always used to do that!" but rather, "is there any reason your feelings have changed about where we have sex?" Say it in a calm/curious tone with a neutral facial expression. Also you can just ask the person an open question to get to know what she does like, such as "where do you like having sex the most?" It's much easier to answer questions about your preferences than to defend your behavior to someone who's obviously unhappy about it.

I could make some conjectures as to why she changed, but it would be more fruitful for you to just ask her. Good luck getting the sofa sex back!

Old 11-08-2012, 09:13 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
My thoughts... something is going on reducing the person's libido. (Whether medical, emotional, or something). So the person is coming up with reasons/excuses to avoid sex. Time to try and explore what those reasons are so corrective action can be taken.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:13 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
She sounds like she's checking out. That's my first impression. She might be seeing someone on the side. I hope I'm wrong, but when women start to act like they're not there in the relationship, it's because they aren't. She might be cheating and that is why her sex drive isn't the same. Or, she could just be going through a phase. Whenever people are asked our opinions on the mental state of someone we don't even know, it is a crap shoot. It could be anything.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:25 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Be a man, take whats yours. The worst thing a man can do is to ask for permission when it comes to sex life. Women like men, not doormats. Most love to be dominated ion the bedroom because its their nature. If I were a betting man, Is tell you she is testing your manhood.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Be a man, take whats yours. The worst thing a man can do is to ask for permission when it comes to sex life. Women like men, not doormats. Most love to be dominated ion the bedroom because its their nature. If I were a betting man, Is tell you she is testing your manhood.

Umm, that's called rape, weather you are just boyfriend/ gf or married. No is no. We are not in the barbarian ages. Just saying. It's not being a doormat it's respecting her opinion and the law. Plus, and I didn't say this in my first post, sometimes people just go in ruts. Besides cheating, there can be a multitude of reasons why she isn't interested in sex right now. She could be depressed, or it could be a number of reasons. Plus, and this is to the op', you do realize that sex throughout a relationship changes. At first, it's at the table, on the floor, in the car, etc, etc, and in time it's in the bed. There are lolls in peoples sex lives. The key might be to talk about it, plus perhaps shake it up. Ask her what she wants you to do. If all of that isn't helping-then she might be checking out which was my first gut response. When women cheat/ check out, they no longer are into their partner in a sexual way. But once again, it could be anything. This is why communication is so important. Instead of jumping to the worst case scenarios/ conclusions it's better to have open communication.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:57 AM

19,722 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post

So down the line you may have moments of high sex like the good ol'days of first exploring each others bodies and moments when it's just "shug I'm tired lets cuddle and rest"
That's pretty much typical of any relationship. After the initial excitement of having a new partner wears off/down, things settle into a more, uh, "comfortable" stage.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:02 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Umm, that's called rape, weather you are just boyfriend/ gf or married. No is no. We are not in the barbarian ages. Just saying. It's not being a doormat it's respecting her opinion and the law.
Im not proposing rape or anything of that nature. We may not be in barbarian ages, but dont let it blow your mind when i tell you that what most women want sexualy is a man who can make her feel primal, in touch with her nature and free of multitude of inhibitions. Most love to be dominated in the bedroom, and rape fantasy is 3rd most popular fantasy women share. When a woman wants to have sex with me, I take control and do as i please. If she doesnt want to have sex with me (i know, crazy talk), i let it be.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Im not proposing rape or anything of that nature. We may not be in barbarian ages, but dont let it blow your mind when i tell you that what most women want sexualy is a man who can make her feel primal, in touch with her nature and free of multitude of inhibitions. Most love to be dominated in the bedroom, and rape fantasy is 3rd most popular fantasy women share. When a woman wants to have sex with me, I take control and do as i please. If she doesnt want to have sex with me (i know, crazy talk), i let it be.
That all sounds good and all, unless she is just not in the mood. Sometimes people just aren't in the mood. With work, kids, appointments, etc. Sometimes people are just not in the mood. Didn't mean to imply you were "literally" talking about raping someone. I knew what you meant, but some other person might not have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships