Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 11:28 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post

I guess I am in the NERD / GEEK Category!

Jonathan

Me too. This puts it all in perspective.

It is a little out of proportion, however. Handsome men who are nice are exceedingly rare and smart ones, while more common, usually use their intelligence entirely for their own purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Hilarious image, and there is some truth to it, I believe.

But it just means you can't be more than one of these. I recommend just being "Nice" if you're gonna pick one. Because even if you top out on smartness, this doesn't matter AT ALL to most women
I'll agree that intelligence rarely cuts much weight. However being nice is the kiss of death. Most women have experienced good looking men faking it and therefore won't believe the real thing.

Quote:
Handsome will get you a girl but only because they're trying to impress their friends and all (It really doesn't matter to the woman herself).
Perhaps but it will get you many, many chances to find someone who is appropriate for you. Other guys have few or almost no opportunities. Women will not give up on finding one of these guys until it has become obvious that they have no further hope.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
It's a strange thing, but it seems that you never find what you are looking for while you are looking for it. Stop looking and let what you are looking for just come to you and you might be surprised.
Yes. Quit looking for women and you'll find the happy single life.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Have you tried christiansmingle.com lately? I am a combination of a geek and a bad boy. Most dont get it. Go where women are and let them seduce you, thats all.
SO that is where the Handsome/Nice intersection are found. Never seen any in real life.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Smart matters to me

Although, I prefer a man who has a genuine interest in learning over a man who is naturally smart and braggy about it. I want a guy who gets just as excited as I do watching TED talks, or gets giddy when he finds out MIT is offering some of their course content for free and we can study aerodynamics together.

So far, all I get is guys who get giddy over 2 for 1 beer on Friday (and don't get me wrong, that is pretty exciting ) , but it seems hard to find true intellectual curiosity in many men.

And your description of 'nice' wouldn't be attractive to me. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who just agree with you all the time and tell you what you want to hear.
Quote:
And you expect us to believe you're a woman... So how do you account for this? Radiation? Exposure to toxic chemicals?
I have to agree. The women I've had relationships with all hate this. They may tolerate it, but only before you marry and ONLY if they find you to be a distinct improvement over the type of man who they should be trying to attract.

In other words, if a man is interested in a woman, he better get used to saying "Yes, dear" and be able to say it convincingly or divorce is on the way.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:57 AM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,481 times
I love geek/nerd men. That's exactly my SO sweetie.

Note to OP: Try looking for women that are in the background, the so-called non-hot. There are diamonds in the rough there who would be more than happy with you.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:01 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
Note to OP: Try looking for women that are in the background, the so-called non-hot. There are diamonds in the rough there who would be more than happy with you.
So, basically, lower your standards until you meet someone? Great advice...

Old 02-05-2012, 12:05 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
So, basically, lower your standards until you meet someone? Great advice...
That's not what she said at all. She said "Diamonds in the rough" meaning they are worthwhile women just less obvious.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:44 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,746,125 times
You know, Mark Zukerburg is a Nerd but I bet he can get almost any woman he want because he's a billionaire...

Old 02-05-2012, 06:00 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,639,977 times
All, when I posted the Diagram, it made me laugh, maybe because it is funny, maybe because it is true. - I find that as a "nice guy" I tend to get crapped on more, then when you are a dick.
I have not been on this forum for about a year, while I was moving to Las Vegas (I'm ALWAYS on the Vegas forum) and have gotten some very nice DM's from people.

Thanks

Jonathan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships