Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 07:24 PM

24 posts, read 42,035 times

Advertisements

So I will admit I am a big nerd
I love my video games im going to major in computer science
And I pride myself in my intelligence
Most of the friends I actually enjoy being with are huge nerds too
However im not a sit in basement type nerd im very fit love baseball etc
Are these types of nerds that don't like to get plowed or high every weekend big turn offs or hit up the club and the like

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 07:32 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
From what I seen they (men/women) say they like it. maybe b/c it's P.C. or it's the 'in' thing to talk about 'cute nerds' but in reality I don't see them liking this and going for these types at all. Been my own personal experience, but maybe one of the 'experts' on here will say differently.

Edit: I'd love to know what bars, clubs and college campuses these people are going to where they see women 'swarming nerds' or men 'swarming very nerdy girls.' LOL.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 02-07-2012 at 07:51 PM..

Old 02-07-2012, 07:40 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Everybody has a different idea of what constitutes nerdy.

I'm a lifelong bookworm, well-read, was in marching band, get really excited about the things I'm intellectually interested in and learn as much as I can about them, won spelling bees, got an English degree, love analyzing literature for fun, after I graduated, audited classes just because I missed being a student, worked as a professional editor, etc. I'd consider myself to be fairly nerdy, if nerdy is used to describe a person who is intelligent and doesn't see any real point in being sheepish about the things I'm interested in learning about.

I don't know anything about computer science, gaming, anime, rpgs, or any of the things in those particular subsets that are also deemed to be the realm of nerds. I was never shy, gawky, or wallflower-ish, I was always pretty confident and outgoing, so I wasn't that kind of nerdy, either.

I like guys who are interesting...guys who have interests beyond the predictable (I don't mind if my guy likes beer and sports...in fact, he does...but that's not ALL he's interested in, either). Guys who are smarter than average and are not afraid to own it, have unique interests and strengths and aren't afraid to flaunt them. Guys who might be considered nerds.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:45 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,096 times
It's all subjective. If you move to rural Arkansas, you'll get a different reaction than living in Silicon Valley. It's about where you are and what society you're involved in.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:50 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Love them! Keep it up Boy! Ladies at college will swarm you. Some love the brain. Plus many nerd won't use you. Plus it's fun to make them losen up and have fun.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:52 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
All my favorite crushes in college were nerdy...my kind of nerdy, of course, but nerdy none the less.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:55 PM

460 posts, read 671,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letslearngerman View Post
So I will admit I am a big nerd
I love my video games im going to major in computer science
And I pride myself in my intelligence
Most of the friends I actually enjoy being with are huge nerds too
However im not a sit in basement type nerd im very fit love baseball etc
Are these types of nerds that don't like to get plowed or high every weekend big turn offs or hit up the club and the like

Thanks
Husband is a nerd but doesn't play video games. He was a software engineer but moved up into upper management of other nerds. I have lots of nerds around me all the time. Nerds are great. My female friends would have been wise to scoop up their own nerd in college. Sadly they missed the boat and are regretting it

Old 02-07-2012, 07:56 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
I ave never been into the nerdy types. I can't stand video games and while I like the internet and my computer, I could care less how it works, just so long as it's working.

But, there is someone for everyone and there are people out there that do like these qualities in people.

Oh, and just because I don't like "nerds" doesn't mean I do like the club type...I'm not into that either.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:59 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,546,933 times
I'm a nerd myself, so I love nerds. But they have to be my kind of nerd.

I love men who are very intelligent and analytical; love to read; love politics, literature, art, architecture, and film; love board games; love to learn new things, and are good writers.

But my kind of nerd is also somewhat athletic; whether it's swimming, skiing, jogging, etc., I like a man who has some athletic interests.

All my boyfriends have always been nerds, and my husband is a nerd--just the way I like it!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:59 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Nerdy is cool these days. Every guy and girl in their 20's that I know call themselves nerds...maybe because both of my kids actually are They are both good looking and social too so it's not a hindrance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships