Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 04:47 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,727,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
If she wants to find a meaningful relationship and a life partner, then the time she spends with unsuitable men is keeping her from meeting a keeper.
It ain't keeping her from spending his money and at this point that's all that she cares about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 06:14 AM

526 posts, read 955,931 times
Quote:
If she wants to find a meaningful relationship and a life partner, then the time she spends with unsuitable men is keeping her from meeting a keeper.
That's what I told her but she's blindfolded by the cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post
If you're smart, you wouldn't have to have sex with him. But I wouldn't know about that.

It sounds like the op knows the score and isn't interested. It is prostituting yourself for money. I'm sure you can find more constructive things to do in your spare time.
You are 100% right! I crossed my mind but this is definetely NOT for me. I just want a good, honest man with a job. Hopefully I'll find him this year. Otherwise I am taking in dating sabbatical in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
It ain't keeping her from spending his money and at this point that's all that she cares about.
That's what makes me believe that she will never leave her SD, I highly doubt she'll drop him if the right guy for her needs to work a regular to make a living and plan/save money for months to go on a modest vacation.

She's still young so I guess she can enjoy the luxury of youth, which I hope she understands is not going to last forever. nIn a few years if they are still together I am almost certain that he will trade her for a "newer model."

Old 02-15-2012, 09:18 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,578,883 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
After wasting her time, when shes ready to find a suitable guy, the complaint will be 'where are all the good men' and not accept any responsibility.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:37 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,087,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sadly, certain types of men who wouldn't even think about buying flowers, opening a car door or pulling out a chair for women yet expect a "fill-in-the-blank" job for a beer and an order of chicken wings.

So, of course certain types of men don't want young women to regain their self respect and demand better treatment from men. These men want to continue to get "something for nothing" from women. Then turn around and call women "prostitutes".
Exactly what type of men and women are you talking about here? It sounds to me like you're talking about two people who just want to have no strings attached sex. In that case, what makes you think you deserve more/better treatment than that? Seriously, the man wants sex...the woman wants sex...what more should happen? I know there are some women who are pretty delusional about the value of their vagina (and you sound like one of them) but I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you can't expect to get involved in a FWB type situation and expect to be treated like a girlfriend. It just doesn't work that way. You might be able to run that game on the socially inept dorks that are willing to be sugar daddies, but no real man is going to play that.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:46 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,610,681 times
Its like being a prostitute but manipulating the sugar daddy to believe its more than that. Sometimes you have to call spade a spade, no matter how you try to spin it to make yourself feel better. There is only one truth, but very few are capable of seeking it. There are many reasons for this, but that isnt a debate for CD forums.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,550,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Exactly what type of men and women are you talking about here? It sounds to me like you're talking about two people who just want to have no strings attached sex. In that case, what makes you think you deserve more/better treatment than that? Seriously, the man wants sex...the woman wants sex...what more should happen? I know there are some women who are pretty delusional about the value of their vagina (and you sound like one of them) but I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you can't expect to get involved in a FWB type situation and expect to be treated like a girlfriend. It just doesn't work that way. You might be able to run that game on the socially inept dorks that are willing to be sugar daddies, but no real man is going to play that.
Why would I date janitors, trash collectors and busboys when I have men who are business owners, attorneys, bankers, etc who express interest in me? Why would I settle for men who do not open doors, pull out my chair or treat me like a queen, when there are many who will and do? Why would I have sex with a random guy who thinks he deserves a "fill-in-the-blank" job for buying me a cheap $1 beer when I could be in the company of a man who knows the fine art of wining, dining & romance?

Personally, I have never been (nor would I ever be) a FWB. I have never had a "sugar daddy". I have my own money and I have also had generous men in my life; men with whom I have had relationships and loved. So, I do not know what it is like to have sex with men soley for financial gain. I will say that in LA, many men actually seek out "sugar babies" for their arm candy. Yes, I have actually been approached but have never agreed to become anyone's "sugar baby." But with all of that being said, I think that women who decide to have a "sugar daddy" are way smarter than the girl who has sex for a $2 tequila shot.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Why would I date janitors, trash collectors and busboys when I have men who are business owners, attorneys, bankers, etc who express interest in me? Why would I settle for men who do not open doors, pull out my chair or treat me like a queen, when there are many who will and do? Why would I have sex with a random guy who thinks he deserves a "fill-in-the-blank" job for buying me a cheap $1 beer when I could be in the company of a man who knows the fine art of wining, dining & romance?

Personally, I have never been (nor would I ever be) a FWB. I have never had a "sugar daddy". I have my own money and I have also had generous men in my life; men with whom I have had relationships and loved. So, I do not know what it is like to have sex with men soley for financial gain. I will say that in LA, many men actually seek out "sugar babies" for their arm candy. Yes, I have actually been approached but have never agreed to become anyone's "sugar baby." But with all of that being said, I think that women who decide to have a "sugar daddy" are way smarter than the girl who has sex for a $2 tequila shot.
You didn't answer my question. Try again.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:39 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,550,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You didn't answer my question. Try again.
I have an even better idea....

(hits ignore button)

Old 02-17-2012, 09:31 AM

48,556 posts, read 34,920,300 times
Quote:

Hey! I knew trash collectors who made 6-digits. It's a surprisingly well paid field at least here.

But the smell!!!!

Sorry, TOTALLY off topic, and not relevant to your point in the least.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
I have an even better idea....

(hits ignore button)
I accept your surrender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships