Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 11:43 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,313,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I have my own money and I have also had generous men in my life; men with whom I have had relationships and loved.
This can be interpreted in so many different ways. It seems as if you support the "pro" side to the original argument presented by the OP.

I guess the love was gone when the genero$ity dissipated, you gotta love modern day hypergamy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 12:30 AM

295 posts, read 555,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Trading sex for cash and prizes. . . . . . .

i like the last prizes.. lol The Price is Right

Old 02-19-2012, 12:08 PM

3,564 posts, read 4,410,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
OK, let me explain this out and tell you how this thread came about. A few days ago I met up with a friend. I am 28, single for 2 years (divorced), she's 27 single for almost three (never married). We are both educated, have jobs, attractive, take care of ourselves (work out), and are very decent people. A friend of hers came along, she's 25, did not finish college and seems to be enjoying life pretty good.

We were talking about many things and eventually got down to men. My friend's friend said to us that she got tired of dating losers, getting her heart broken, and having a hard time finding Mr. Right so she decided to "invest her time" dating a suggar daddy until Mr. Right comes into her life. She said that the men she was meeting were just interested in getting laid and since she also has her needs, why not get something for it. She figured that seems she was getting frustrated all the time while dating, she might as well date and get something from it in the form of travel, clothes, fine dining, jewerly, and the likes.

My friend and I looked at each other and laughed. We shared with her our less than impressive latest dating adventures and how difficult we were finding to meet a good man. The woman's answer to us was "why don't the two of you date a suggar daddy until you find your Mr. Right? That way you won't be alone and will get to enjoy yourselves by being spoiled."

I must admit that the thought of being spoiled sounds very enticing but at the same time I can't sleep with a man I am not attracted to, and I have yet to learn dettachement from sex. Once I sleep with a man I can't date another one during that time. Darn oxytocin Aren't all suggar daddies old men too? Like my dad's age? I am not sure if this is still in
my mind because I don't seem to meet a decent man, and VD is around the corner.

Has anybody here ever dated a suggar daddy/mamma? If so, how did you get into it? Pros/cons?
I'm a 50 y/o man who was involved with a sugga' momma from the tender age of 17 to 19. At the time, she was as you are now: in her late 20's, professional, and very unhappily married to an older man in his late 30's. She made me her boy-toy. I recall how on certain days she'd pick me up at my parents' house after her workday. These days coincided with her twice/week visitations with her mother; a perfect excuse which gave her license to be out late and away from her husband. On those days, we'd rendezvous until late in the evening. She bought me gifts, and on a few occasions loaned me money without hesitation. This went on for almost two years, from my last year in HS, until my first year of college.

I recall how I began contemplating transferring to a private college. This meant that I'd have to move out of town, and away from her. I shared this with her, moreso as an alternate possible plan, and not as something definite.

Two weeks later she told me that she was leaving her husband. She said that she found an apartment close to the college I was interesting in transferring to. She said that she had enough money to put me through college while she worked; and on, and on. . .

A month later, I joined the U.S. Navy and got the hell out of dodge! I was willing to be her boy-toy, not a permanent fixture in her life. I did not want to be owned by someone.

Moral of the story:
I think the idea of being the recepient of a suggar daddy's generosity is OK, so long as no one gets deeply attached.

As someone who is now in his 50's and divorced, I had considered being a suggar daddy prior to meeting my existing GF. Had I met a worthy recepient I would have definitely engaged in such activity in the kindest and most generous of ways. I dare say that, if done right, both parties stand to learn and benefit much from the experience.

Good luck!

Old 02-21-2012, 03:07 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,932,676 times
to the orig poster i see nothing wrong with it. I have done it and made out very well.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:15 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,301,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
to the orig poster i see nothing wrong with it. I have done it and made out very well.
On that note I would like to add that YES the pay is good. Even if you aren't trading sexual favors.

For instance people in the BDSM community hire specific types of maids to come and clean for them with no sexual favors needed and rake in the cash.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:54 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,994,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Starting tomorrow I'll have an income of $6,500/Month+ housing. (Not counting overtime)
)
Are you going downrange or working on an oil rig?

I am in an analogous dating situation to you. I am not a true SD but do spoil my girls and help them out when they ask. I find that when I do this they are so much more pleasant to be around.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:34 AM

684 posts, read 826,908 times
To the OP:

There are different types of men and women in this sort of relationship. On the women's side, you have the following:

1) Women who feel entitled. These are the ones who want to show up, demand money and not spend any time with the person in question.
2) Women with 'Pretty Woman' syndrome. They want their white knight to take them away from their mediocre lives and envision a life of marbled flooring and arguments of Monet vs Manet.
3) Women who are more mercenary in their outlook. They know what is on the table and what they want. They want something with minimal complications just to enjoy their life with the finer things.

On the men's side, you have the following:

1) Men who feel entitled. This might be the predatorial poor man faking his wealth to find someone desperate, or it could be someone who is genuinely wealthy who feel this wealth somehow places them above the person they are acting as patron to. There are some dark stories of both the first and second of this type.
2) Men who want a relationship, but don't want the complications. Believe it or not, wealth comes with it a host of dating issues, not the least of which that there are people out there who specifically target those with wealth and attempt to seduce them in to marriage. There is a rather wonderful book called 'The Dallas Women's Guide to Gold Digging with Pride' that explains this in more detail. Definitely worth a read.
3) Men who know what is on the table and what's being offered. They enjoy being in a position of power and love to act as mentor and supplier to someone. Little emotional entanglement with a feeling of being needed and important.

The trick for each is that they meet up with one another. Sadly, there are often people at cross-purposes who meet and it causes real friction as one or the other doesn't get what they want.

I am aware of a situation with a man in his mid-thirties currently. The man's spouse passed away in a car accident, leaving the man in a bit of an emotional lurch. If you've been with somebody, you recognize there is a kind of black hole in the bed where your spouse used to be.

This person is well-off, involved in numerous venture capital investments including several film projects taking place in the United Kingdom currently. To someone like that, the sugar daddy lifestyle might be tempting simply as a means of avoiding both coming home to an empty bed and going through the frankly exhausting process of socializing when facing your own personal demons.

Someone like that is, of course, a rarity: The exception that proves the rule. If you're involved, be aware of the people you deal with and what they and you really want from the relationship.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:23 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,510,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
OK, let me explain this out and tell you how this thread came about. A few days ago I met up with a friend. I am 28, single for 2 years (divorced), she's 27 single for almost three (never married). We are both educated, have jobs, attractive, take care of ourselves (work out), and are very decent people. A friend of hers came along, she's 25, did not finish college and seems to be enjoying life pretty good.

We were talking about many things and eventually got down to men. My friend's friend said to us that she got tired of dating losers, getting her heart broken, and having a hard time finding Mr. Right so she decided to "invest her time" dating a suggar daddy until Mr. Right comes into her life. She said that the men she was meeting were just interested in getting laid and since she also has her needs, why not get something for it. She figured that seems she was getting frustrated all the time while dating, she might as well date and get something from it in the form of travel, clothes, fine dining, jewerly, and the likes.

My friend and I looked at each other and laughed. We shared with her our less than impressive latest dating adventures and how difficult we were finding to meet a good man. The woman's answer to us was "why don't the two of you date a suggar daddy until you find your Mr. Right? That way you won't be alone and will get to enjoy yourselves by being spoiled."

I must admit that the thought of being spoiled sounds very enticing but at the same time I can't sleep with a man I am not attracted to, and I have yet to learn dettachement from sex. Once I sleep with a man I can't date another one during that time. Darn oxytocin Aren't all suggar daddies old men too? Like my dad's age? I am not sure if this is still in
my mind because I don't seem to meet a decent man, and VD is around the corner.

Has anybody here ever dated a suggar daddy/mamma? If so, how did you get into it? Pros/cons?
Well hells bells! Why not just set your rates?
For a BJ--a weeks groceries
For 2 rolls in the hay--a pearl necklace.
Lets call a spade a spade. Youre for sale if you do this. But hey! The one with the p*ssy makes the rules! No doubt.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:52 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,127,444 times
I'm considering it. I've been approached by very old white men

Old 08-15-2012, 09:08 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,510,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I'm considering it. I've been approached by very old white men
So you DID find men who like dark skinned black women??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships