Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 06:53 AM

84 posts, read 57,478 times

Advertisements

I have a serious question. My friends often tell me that I'm very white washed, because I've only dated biracial and white guys (I'm black), but they don't seem to understand that the majority of black guys try their hardest to get very light women. It's so strange because the same guys will call me white washed, but mostly all of their girlfriends and wives are very light Latinas, biracial or white.

I don't understand why so much slack is given to black women, especially dark black women like myself for dating non black guys. It seems so silly because black guys tend to worship fair skinned women, so what is wrong with me worshipping a fair skinned guy? It just seems like such a double standard. On the one hand, many black guys see themselves as "pro black," But many wouldn't even date a woman darker than them.

I consider myself to be attractive despite having dark skin and other races of men seem to feel the same way. I am just tired of being attacked and told that I am a self hater, when few black guys address the black males in their camp who only date light skin or white women. When will these guys address black guys? Why do they only feel the need to address black women who date interracially?

Old 02-13-2012, 07:04 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
First of all, someone can only "attack" you in this way if you allow them to by reacting. Second, I've no interest in getting into a discussion about the whys and the wherefores of anybody's reaction to interracial dating as it's a subject that's been hashed into the ground - but maybe you should choose some different "friends" with whom to associate. They sound like a boorish and ignorant bunch.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:05 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Who are these twits that you're hanging around with, and why are you?

Old 02-13-2012, 07:15 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,811,513 times
If you are satisfied with whom you date, why post the question here? If you really care about what friends think about your choice of men, maybe you are not comfortable with your choices. We can't validate or invalidate your decision about the men in your life.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
First of all, someone can only "attack" you in this way if you allow them to by reacting. Second, I've no interest in getting into a discussion about the whys and the wherefores of anybody's reaction to interracial dating as it's a subject that's been hashed into the ground - but maybe you should choose some different "friends" with whom to associate. They sound like a boorish and ignorant bunch.
This is very common though, not just amongst my friends and associates. Black women who date interracially are perceived as betraying the race. I just notice that no such pressure seems to be placed on black guys, or other races.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:16 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,032,785 times
Mod cut: Inappropriate language.

I'm black and no one says this dumb crap to me, but I don't date one group of men exclusively either.

Who are these people that are minding your business like this? Hopefully, not strangers, because if they are you should cuss them out with a quickness.

I know I would.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2012 at 09:28 AM..

Old 02-13-2012, 07:18 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,032,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Great idea.

I sometimes wonder when "friends" do this, if it's because they secretly want to step out as well, but afraid due to their own limiting beliefs.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
If you are satisfied with whom you date, why post the question here? If you really care about what friends think about your choice of men, maybe you are not comfortable with your choices. We can't validate or invalidate your decision about the men in your life.
It just seems hypocritical for black guys to take a pro black stance, and hate white men, when many have no problems dating or marrying white, Hispanic or biracial women.

The question was not about asking you to validate my dating choices, I was asking why do black guys have such a hypocritical stance concerning interracial dating, and why don't they ever enforce their bro black dating stance on other black men, why do they seem to put all of the pressure on black women?

Old 02-13-2012, 07:20 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,133,385 times
in my humble opinion is hard enough to find love without putting restrictions on it - since as far as we know we only go around once i would do what makes you happy in life and ignore the rest - i live my life so as not to have any regrets and at 60 i dont - good luck

Old 02-13-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Mod cut: Inappropriate language.

I'm black and no one says this dumb crap to me, but I don't date one group of men exclusively either.

Who are these people that are minding your business like this? Hopefully, not strangers, because if they are you should cuss them out with a quickness.

I know I would.
A lot of it has to do with the fact that I've only dated white and very light biracial men with very white features. I've noticed that many of the guys who attack me for dating non black guys are "pro black," but their women are usually non black. It just seems strange to me.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2012 at 09:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships