Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 01:34 PM

6,794 posts, read 5,678,284 times

Advertisements

hands down; A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 01:38 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,104,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoo_dreams View Post
Finding a future somebody is difficult and those words always ring in one's head, "can I spend the rest of my life with this person?"
That is your first mistake right there! As I've learned from another poster on this board...(lovesmountains )

The question should be "can I live the rest of my life WITHOUT this person?" Big difference...VERY big difference.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:38 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,030,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
"opposites attract" supposedly?
Opposites attract but it usually ends badly. All those little things you once found cute? Not so much down the road.

The common thread with the old-timers who have been married for decades all say, among other important and common sense factors, they have a lot in common.

With me and my guy, we have a lot in common but our differences are just right so they compliment each other. That's probably pretty common in successful relationships.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:39 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,260,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
That is your first mistake right there! As I've learned from another poster on this board...(lovesmountains )

The question should be "can I live the rest of my life WITHOUT this person?" Big difference...VERY big difference.
Totally agree

Old 02-15-2012, 01:43 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:

Not really. If you can't live with them, how can you not live without them?

Old 02-15-2012, 01:45 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,260,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoo_dreams View Post
Finding a future somebody is difficult and those words always ring in one's head, "can I spend the rest of my life with this person?"

Which would you choose

A. you have a lot in common with this person and enjoy each others company without a lot of friction and pointless arguments. Have similar personalities, but this person doesn't know what they want to do with their life in terms of work and have not started a career yet or college and is currently not working, but is working on it. Having things in common doesn't mean this is your future mate. To have balance everyone should be at a point in their lives where they are stable. If this person is basically farting around through life then I can't sit around with them until they decide to grow up and make up their mind. This sounds like someone I'd want to hang out with from time to time. This is excluded if we're talking about someone who is 20 years old and can't decide on a major.

B. you have very little in common and you disagree on major stuff like kids, buying a home and where to live. this person is not crazy about kids but you are. they got a career, the education already and makes good money. This doesn't even need a response. Who cares about the money they make when you can't see eye to eye on anything? If you have an expectation that they will change and suddenly adore kids, forget it. If you try to trap that person it will be nothing but a train wreck.

wich would you choose?
Neither. See comments ^^

Old 02-15-2012, 03:07 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
I wouldn't choose either.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:15 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,104,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Not really. If you can't live with them, how can you not live without them?
To me there is.

I can live with most anyone...all I have to do is tolerate them.

There are a few people, I cannot live without. Okay, not like I'd kill myself, but it would pretty much suck.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
To me there is.

I can live with most anyone...all I have to do is tolerate them.

There are a few people, I cannot live without. Okay, not like I'd kill myself, but it would pretty much suck.
I guess for me, the operative word is 'live'. Are you living, or existing?

Old 02-15-2012, 04:14 PM

607 posts, read 1,218,573 times
I don't like either of those two. Person A sounds needs to get a job. And if Person B and I couldn't agree on where to live or whether to have kids, it wouldn't work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships