Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 06:58 PM

2,756 posts, read 4,424,682 times

Advertisements

Sure. Quite a story.

He's good looking too, and his finance is gorgeous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 07:00 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,273,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiippaKiwi View Post
Life Without Limits, Limbless Nick Vujicic to Get Married! | Gospelherald.net-Chinese Christian News Online

When we singles always want more and more of our dates and partners... Should we stop wanting this and that and just be in love with someone?
Since you ask a question like this, I assume you haven't loved anyone unconditionally yet. You'll know when that time comes. Til then, just be happy for those that have found it. And aspire to eventually understand what it is to love someone w/ that unselfishness.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:17 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,483,420 times
Yes.

I am insanely in love with a woman who can barely use her body but has an amazing mind and heart and soul. And even though she can barely move her body, she has an incredibly sexy body.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have absolutely no idea what you mean by that statement. Who wants "more and more"?? You? Are you saying that people can just pick out some random person, and decide to make that person their partner...and that love, eventually, will come? Isn't that sort of the thought behind arranged marriages?

Seriously. The guy is a man of huge faith, as is his wife. Faith and values and convictions are, I imagine, the very core of these two people's relationship...and that is more than many people have. Do you have that much going for you?

Mod cut: personal insult.
While the woman I love has limbs, she can't use them. She can't tie her shoe herself or take a shower by herself or even lift a glass of water if it's full. I don't have religious values that make me able to love her or whatever. I just do. You fall for whoever you fall for, period. She broke up with me and I am completely crushed because I am still in love with her. Has nothing to do with religion or morals or whatever.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
No. I'd constantly be saying the wrong thing. You know, like, "Hey, can you give me a hand here!" and "We're going to be late. C'mon! Shake a leg!" Stuff like that.
You can say all that stuff. Deaf people say "did you hear..." Blind people say "Oh I see." Wheelchair users say "I went for a walk." etc.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:05 PM

37,722 posts, read 46,165,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
While the woman I love has limbs, she can't use them. She can't tie her shoe herself or take a shower by herself or even lift a glass of water if it's full. I don't have religious values that make me able to love her or whatever. I just do. You fall for whoever you fall for, period. She broke up with me and I am completely crushed because I am still in love with her. Has nothing to do with religion or morals or whatever.

Sorry for your loss friend, but you totally missed my point.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Sorry for your loss friend, but you totally missed my point.
What's your point?

Personally I don't see these two people as any more heroic than any other two people that fall in love.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:22 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,853,551 times
I wouldn't marry someone who didn't have hands or legs. Of course I wouldn't look down on them, but I just don't think I could marry them.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:27 PM

37,722 posts, read 46,165,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
What's your point?

Personally I don't see these two people as any more heroic than any other two people that fall in love.
You obviously confused my post...I said nothing about heroics. I was responding to the OP and her rather odd thought that people should just love someone...so either you misinterpreted MY post, or hers.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:27 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,425,175 times
For that matter, this really looks at relationships with someone who has a disability, would you marry someone deaf? Or blind? Or someone who has no feelings for anyone but themselves? I know which disability I would rather not have in a partner...number three.

Yet so many people just look at the wrapping on a package, without going beyond that. "She is blonde, with large breasts, and a tiny waist"...I am in "love". Nothing about the real person beyond the facade. What if this "perfect" woman was a chronic drug addict, cruel, and selfish? Is that still the "ideal"? Or would a woman who was in a wheelchair, with limited range of motion, but devoted to you, loved you, and connected with you emotionally, mentally, and spiritually...which mate would make you happier in the end? And add to your life in a positive way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships