Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 09:59 PM

38 posts, read 90,935 times

Advertisements

Say you are on a first date with a guy and you have a good time together. If he asks you to come back to his place after the date and you decline (because it is too soon or some other reason). Would you see him again or would you think badly of him for asking?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 10:03 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgerrabit View Post
Say you are on a first date with a guy and you have a good time together. If he asks you to come back to his place after the date and you decline (because it is too soon or some other reason). Would you see him again or would you think badly of him for asking?
Maybe he had such a good time, he got carried away and thought he'd have an even BETTER time at his place.

If he still wanted to go out after I declined going to his place, I'd go out.
I wouldn't do anything that made me uncomfortable, either.
Dates should be fun and relaxing for BOTH people.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:04 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,549,639 times
I wouldn't be offended that he tried, as long as he was respectful and nice when you said "no".

Old 02-28-2012, 10:06 PM

541 posts, read 941,200 times
Quote:

I would decline because it is too soon. I have to force myself to decline... It would be hard to decline especially if we have a great time. I wouldnt think badly of him for asking.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:20 PM

38 posts, read 90,935 times
Wouldn't it be then awkward for the guy to ask again on the second or third date if he got rejected the first time? Both awkward for the guy asking again and the girl if she declines again.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:28 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
Quote:
Wouldn't it be then awkward for the guy to ask again on the second or third date if he got rejected the first time? Both awkward for the guy asking again and the girl if she declines again.
He should know better. He set himself up for the decline.
I think it is bad form to ask on the first date.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:51 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
He should know better. He set himself up for the decline.
I think it is bad form to ask on the first date.
Yes, it IS "bad form". It borders on "disrespectful". Maybe I'm a prude, but taking things slow usually works.

Maybe he meant no harm, but still ...

Old 02-28-2012, 11:04 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times
Quote:
Why would I think "badly" of him for finding me sexually desirable??

That's silly and yes, I would see him again if he wanted to and I was still attracted to him.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:09 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times
Quote:
Why would it be awkward?

Also, if you have these sexual hangup issues where you're gonna have the guy wait for several weeks or months, it's only fair you should tell him that.

If he's aware that he may never get any for awhile, then he's going out with you because he genuinely likes you.

If he doesn't feel like waiting for weeks on end, then that's okay too.

No need to keep wasting each other's time. The end game for most people (if they're physically attracted to each other) is to eventually have SEX one day.

I know it is for me.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:10 PM

773 posts, read 1,259,614 times
I probably wouldn't think badly of him after a third date. Also, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. There are guys who just want you to get to know them, and that includes where they live.

My S.O. executed it soooo perfectly, because this is a man without guile. He invited me back to his place on our fifth date. By then, he knew that I wanted to be all over him like white on rice (I made that abundantly clear), but he still asked if I'd like to spend the night with him and told me he understood if it was too soon, that we could just continue to date longer. And he really meant it. So ...

Pounce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships