Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:11 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,039,040 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't think badly of him, per se, but I would think, "Oh, I guess this was supposed to be a booty call type of thing," and I wouldn't see our association as a developing relationship or anything. IOW, I probably wouldn't go out with him again. We'd just be on different pages.

But I wouldn't think he was a bad person or anything. Most people like/desire sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 12:44 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,742,212 times
he shouldn't even be asking that type of thing to a basically a stranger. Hello! I would also wonder why he thought I would be dumb enough to say 'yes.'

Old 02-29-2012, 03:46 AM

395 posts, read 707,851 times
Depends what you guys are looking for?

I typically don't ask women back unless there is some serious physical attraction. If there is serious attraction on both sides, it depends on the body language.

I can't get to know her enough emotionally on one day...all I know is if she's fun or not.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:46 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,151,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
The end game for most people (if they're physically attracted to each other) is to eventually have SEX one day.

I know it is for me.

[....in my best Joey Tribianni voice...]

How you doin'?

Old 02-29-2012, 09:07 AM

607 posts, read 1,217,836 times
If a guy asked on the first date, I don't think I would go out with him again. I wouldn't think badly of him but I would think we weren't compatable.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:11 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,611,745 times
But if he didnt ask, then you would feel he isnt attracted to you or he would end up in the friend zone forever. In other words, its a no win situation. YOU WANT HIM TO ASK.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:12 AM

29,755 posts, read 34,444,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
But if he didnt ask, then you would feel he isnt attracted to you or he would end up in the friend zone forever. In other words, its a no win situation. YOU WANT HIM TO ASK.
There are plenty of other ways for a guy to show he's attracted without crossing that line. Even if the woman likes the guy, him asking back to his place could come across as pushy.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:27 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,734,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgerrabit View Post
Say you are on a first date with a guy and you have a good time together. If he asks you to come back to his place after the date and you decline (because it is too soon or some other reason). Would you see him again or would you think badly of him for asking?
That's a tough call, depends on the girl. Some would tag him a player and refuse to go out with him again. Some would cut him a little slack. Since they had such a good time on the first date, they would agree to go out with him again.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:31 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,248,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgerrabit View Post
Say you are on a first date with a guy and you have a good time together. If he asks you to come back to his place after the date and you decline (because it is too soon or some other reason). Would you see him again or would you think badly of him for asking?
We're missing some information here. Was the purpose of the invitation solely based on the guy thinking there was going to be sex or did he just want to continue getting to know the girl and just sit and talk? Let's not assume anything and put all guys in one bucket and say he was looking for sex on the 1st date. He may just have wanted to be in a more comfortable setting instead of sitting at some bar or coffee shop. As a woman, I would have declined the invitation as well but I certainly wouldn't make it the last date. If he asks again on the 2nd date and I get that creepy feeling then I probably wouldn't persue a 3rd date.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:18 PM

38 posts, read 90,986 times
What about if you know the guy, and have hung out with him and other friends in a group before a few times, but not as a date. Would this change the answers as its technically a first date but not as much...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships