Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 09:37 PM

845 posts, read 1,349,493 times

Advertisements

So there is a girl at work; she is attractive, nice, laid back, but maybe a little young. She may be interested in someone else, too. However, I haven't had the cojones to approach her or to say hi.

So I thought to buy a little thing of flowers or something small, get in early one day, set it on her desk and then walk in at my usual time. Just to see her reaction, or the reaction of the workplace. Even if she assumes it was an other guy or a boy friend, at least I'll know where she stands.

I don't know, it seems like a good idea; a good idea for disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 09:38 PM

688 posts, read 897,593 times
Something similar to this appeared a couple weeks ago.

The general consensus was that if you're going to send something, send it with your name.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:06 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,902,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
So there is a girl at work; she is attractive, nice, laid back, but maybe a little young. She may be interested in someone else, too. However, I haven't had the cojones to approach her or to say hi.

So I thought to buy a little thing of flowers or something small, get in early one day, set it on her desk and then walk in at my usual time. Just to see her reaction, or the reaction of the workplace. Even if she assumes it was an other guy or a boy friend, at least I'll know where she stands.

i really don't think sending flowers is a good idea, not to a girl you haven't even spoken to yet.

why don't you just go up and introduce yourself to her? DON'T ask her out, DON'T ask her if she has a BF or is interested in anyone, DON'T even give her a hint of any romantic interest.

just be like, "hey, how's it goin? you new here? my name's xxx and i work over by yyyyyy". i guarantee she'll at least talk to you for a bit, after all it is the work place so she almost has to be nice if this first convo goes well, make it a regular habit to talk to her for a few minutes each day - perhaps on your way back from lunch or when you happen to be close by her desk at work. nothing too long, just a quick "hey whats up" and some catching up. but again, don't jump the gun too soon in asking her out - you have to get to a certain level of comfort with each other before you can do that. for some guys that have the gift of the gab, this level is obviously reached pretty quickly - others have to work at it a bit longer

in this way you'll be able to figure out if there's even the slightest bit of chance for you or not, without really having risked anything.

best of luck!

Old 03-17-2012, 08:56 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times
I agree totally with the last poster.
Good Luck!

Old 03-17-2012, 10:15 AM

733 posts, read 1,664,023 times
I think it's very sweet that you want to send her flowers. However this business of "seeing her reaction" doesn't bode well with me for some reason. I think girls would appreciate it more if the guys in their life have the courage to tell them directly that they are attracted to her.

Do send her flowers, not to test her, but because it makes you happy to see her happy. But don't wait too long to tell her (suavely) that you are the sender. Good luck.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:37 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
How old did you say you are?

Old 03-17-2012, 10:38 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post

disaster, girls will find this creepy especially if they dont know u.. trust me.. i dont know how old u are but i did this at 16 and learned my lesson.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:40 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
not to mention that coworkers will all talk about it. I dont know if having a work relationship is a good idea seeing how 2 people at my office are and its pretty much on the verge of being a huge disaster

Old 03-17-2012, 11:55 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
This is a terrible idea, its better with your name, but that's still a horrible idea. Wait til you're aCTUALLY dating a girl before you send her flowers unless you want to be the office creep!!

Just talk to her and see how she responds and go from there.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:25 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
go with the ElysianEagle...it's your best bet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships