Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 10:08 AM

525 posts, read 1,555,603 times

Advertisements

My friend ask me if we want to do something together. Of course I say yeah. Well, the day comes and I text him confirming if we were going to go out and do something. A few hours later go by, he hadn't text me back so I text him again asking if everything was alright. He texts back with a lame excuse that we wouldn't be able to do something but tells me the next evening we will do something together.

Next evening rolls around. I text him confirming to see if we were still going to do something. I don't hear back from him so I send out a couple texts within a few hours before hearing from him. The last text I sent him I told him how I felt when we make plans then he backs out. Thats when I heard from him and he tells me to come over in an hour. I get there, he isn't there yet so I text again, stalls b4 texting back telling me he's a few minutes late. Again, with excuses and who knows what to believe. He arrives where I'm at. He asks me why I was crying. I told that I wanted to be with him.

I understand he works full-time and his life is much more busier than mine. The worst part of it all is he is about the only one who calls me outside of my family to do anything with me. And he knows it too. I have tried meeting other men but no luck so far in that dept.

I know some of you will say drop him but honestly, just being with him takes a little bit of that pain of loneliness away.

This male friend that I hang out with, we are just friends, nothing more. I don't desire to be his girlfriend.

When were were last together, he discussed an issue he had with me. . Maybe it had to do something with that.

Then after I left, the next morning, he sent me a text telling me to have a good day. I think he knew he made me upset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 10:12 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,930 times
First, this guy is not too into your friendship and may find you tedious. If he is ignoring you and being unresponsive, move on down the road. I have always said it like this: I will not go where I am not wanted.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:39 AM

270 posts, read 409,578 times
I'm sure he thinks the same thing we do: you are desperate and needy. He simply doesn't value being around you that much because you're desperate. You need to make new friends.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
First, this guy is not too into your friendship and may find you tedious. If he is ignoring you and being unresponsive, move on down the road. I have always said it like this: I will not go where I am not wanted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGirl View Post
I'm sure he thinks the same thing we do: you are desperate and needy. He simply doesn't value being around you that much because you're desperate. You need to make new friends.

how am I being desperate and needy when I wasn't the one making plans?

Old 04-20-2012, 12:27 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
KatieCountrycm....your friend is a verrrry inconsiderate person...and unfortunately when you cry, and tell him the reason is that you just wanted to be with him.....you'll have swelled his chest, and have him believing that he can get away with being a jerk to you,...why?...because he can.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
You were sending too many texts. It gets annoying. And anytime a woman asks "Is everything alright?" That is a sign to a guy that she is telling him something must be wrong becasue he is not communicating enough for her likes. It comes off as needy and not at all what a confident woman would do.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
KatieCountrycm....your friend is a verrrry inconsiderate person...and unfortunately when you cry, and tell him the reason is that you just wanted to be with him.....you'll have swelled his chest, and have him believing that he can get away with being a jerk to you,...why?...because he can.
He IS inconsiderate, yes. But the rest of the equation is also true. If a man cried to me about the fact that I wasn't giving him enough attention, it would come across as desperte.

I have been on both sides of this scenario, and I learned quickly that men prefer some mystery. Even in the platonic sense.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:02 AM

*bump* need more advice on what you think

Old 04-21-2012, 03:36 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Katie you are a mess and not something people rush to get to. You need to develop some interests in life and do things that make you happy and a more well rounded person as an individual before you'd ever be ready for a relationship or even decent friendships. You cannot revolve your entire life's happiness around one person because it may be a 'friendship' to you - it becomes a tedious chore for the other party. No one wants to carry around all that weight of someone else's world. While I don't necessarily condone his methods, he is keeping his distance from you and rightfully so. No one wants to be 100% responsible for someone else - that's what you have kids for. You need to get your own life in order and not treat people like an emotional tampon.

Quote:
Yes, you are acting desperate and needy and here's why...

Quote:
My friend ask me if we want to do something together. Of course I say yeah. Well, the day comes and I text him confirming if we were going to go out and do something. A few hours later go by, he hadn't text me back so I text him again asking if everything was alright. He texts back with a lame excuse that we wouldn't be able to do something but tells me the next evening we will do something together.

Next evening rolls around. I text him confirming to see if we were still going to do something. I don't hear back from him so I send out a couple texts within a few hours before hearing from him. The last text I sent him I told him how I felt when we make plans then he backs out. Thats when I heard from him and he tells me to come over in an hour. I get there, he isn't there yet so I text again, stalls b4 texting back telling me he's a few minutes late. Again, with excuses and who knows what to believe. He arrives where I'm at. He asks me why I was crying. I told that I wanted to be with him.

I understand he works full-time and his life is much more busier than mine. The worst part of it all is he is about the only one who calls me outside of my family to do anything with me. And he knows it too. I have tried meeting other men but no luck so far in that dept.

I know some of you will say drop him but honestly, just being with him takes a little bit of that pain of loneliness away.

This male friend that I hang out with, we are just friends, nothing more. I don't desire to be his girlfriend.

When were were last together, he discussed an issue he had with me. . Maybe it had to do something with that.

Then after I left, the next morning, he sent me a text telling me to have a good day. I think he knew he made me upset.
Quote:
As I suspected there's more to this story and what you've left out may have a considerable impact on commenting appropriately. What, exactly, was the issue?

Last edited by Thursday007; 04-21-2012 at 03:44 AM..

Old 04-21-2012, 04:04 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,057,672 times
Sounds like a self-serving immature person to me. "Boys" make excuses; "Men" make changes.

When you accept and agree that you deserve better, you'll move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships