Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 10:14 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,169 times

Advertisements

Relationship Attachment Style Test

I found this test online about relationship attachment styles. Briefly, our attachment style is formed very early in life via our primary caretakers. It's a 50 question test but only takes a few minutes (10 - 15).

Note: At the very end of the test it asks you to fill out a questionnaire, don't. Just scroll down to bottom, hit 'score my test' and then you'll see the results. Please post your results...

Snapshot Report Avoidance of Closeness 98 Whether it involves emotional expression or developing a deep intimate bond, you're the type of person who is prefers not to get too close to a partner (if at all). You are also not comfortable relying on your partner when necessary, as well has having him/her dependent upon you in times of need.

Here's a list of other tests to take from the same site:

Queendom: personality tests, IQ tests, mind games, love tests, career tests
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 10:27 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post

I found this test online about relationship attachment styles. Briefly, our attachment style is formed very early in life via our primary caretakers. It's a 50 question test but only takes a few minutes (10 - 15).

Note: At the very end of the test it asks you to fill out a questionnaire, don't. Just scroll down to bottom, hit 'score my test' and then you'll see the results. Please post your results...

Snapshot Report Avoidance of Closeness 98 Whether it involves emotional expression or developing a deep intimate bond, you're the type of person who is prefers not to get too close to a partner (if at all). You are also not comfortable relying on your partner when necessary, as well has having him/her dependent upon you in times of need.

But are you happy with this, or you want to change?

Old 03-20-2012, 10:31 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
But are you happy with this, or you want to change?
I'm not surprised by the results at all. Whether I'm 'happy' with it or not is irrelevant. If I could've changed it I probably would've by now. Please take the test, interested to see other people's results.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:40 AM

770 posts, read 1,177,254 times

"Whether it involves emotional expression or developing a deep intimate bond, you're the type of person who gets somewhat uneasy when a relationship becomes closer. You are also not entirely comfortable relying on your partner when necessary, nor having him/her dependent upon you in times of need.
"

Don't exactly agree with the bold but the rest is accurate, though I probably would've given myself a higher number (more avoidant)

I remember learning about this in social psych. It's interesting, but I don't know if it's something that can be quantified.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:41 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post

I got avoidance of closeness 49... But it felt like most of the questions was about that and not so much else...

Old 03-20-2012, 10:41 AM

31,011 posts, read 22,051,613 times

"Whether it involves emotional expression or developing a deep intimate bond, you're the type of person who gets somewhat uneasy when a relationship becomes closer. You are also not entirely comfortable relying on your partner when necessary, nor having him/her dependent upon you in times of need."

I aggree with LUCKYNUMBER4 above.

Don't agree with the last sentance. I am always there for friends in times of need. On the other hand when I sense clingyness it is a relationship killer! It's probably the worst thing a woman can do to me.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:42 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,840 times
Avoidance of closeness 30

Whether it involves emotional expression or developing a deep intimate bond, you're the type of person who is very at ease getting close to a partner. You are also comfortable relying on your partner when necessary, as well has having him/her dependent upon you in times of need.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:18 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,282,687 times
Snapshot ReportAvoidance of Closeness 13Whether it involves emotional expression or developing a deep intimate bond, you're the type of person who is very at ease getting close to a partner. You are also comfortable relying on your partner when necessary, as well has having him/her dependent upon you in times of need.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:28 AM

748 posts, read 1,313,911 times
Whether it involves emotional expression or developing a deep intimate bond, you're the type of person who gets somewhat uneasy when a relationship becomes closer. You are also not entirely comfortable relying on your partner when necessary, nor having him/her dependent upon you in times of need.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:36 AM

773 posts, read 1,259,255 times
Avoidance of Closeness -- 44

Wow! I would not have expected that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships