Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 02:52 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,197 times

Advertisements

You walk into a get-together and there are people you don't know.

There are 3 chubby guys, 1 guy who's very overweight, two stick-skinny guys, and 4 guys with average builds... and then 1 guy who is clearly a gym rat. He doesn't look like he uses steroids, but he's got a broad upper body, powerful arms, and you can see he is lean and has mass.

As far as the faces go, they are all about the same... even the fit guy.

Will you automatically gravitate towards the gym rat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 02:55 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
No way. Most gym rats/jocks I've met have been vain, judgemental, and too competitive. Not my cup of tea.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:57 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
No way. Most gym rats/jocks I've met have been vain, judgemental, and too competitive. Not my cup of tea.
But what if the fellas you meet or are introduced to are all friendly and polite? Can't you give the gym rat a chance?

Old 11-13-2009, 02:58 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,054,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
You walk into a get-together and there are people you don't know.

There are 3 chubby guys, 1 guy who's very overweight, two stick-skinny guys, and 4 guys with average builds... and then 1 guy who is clearly a gym rat. He doesn't look like he uses steroids, but he's got a broad upper body, powerful arms, and you can see he is lean and has mass.

As far as the faces go, they are all about the same... even the fit guy.

Nope. I can't tolerate gym rat's. Been there, did that, and all they talk about is the cot' damn gym! Plus, muscular builds don't do it for me all like that

I'd be perfectly fine with the average built guy as long as he doesn't have too much of a gut.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:59 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times
I don't gravitate towards anyone. I wait for them to gravitate towards me.

(Just kiddin'...sort of. I'm shy & reserved, so I never approached anyone, but generally every guy I thought was hot somehow managed to approach me. I must have been giving off those "vibes". )

I'm attracted to chubby, fit and average guys. It was usually the fit guys who were approaching me because most people mistake me for being athletic. LOL

FWIW, I gave every guy a chance. Boneheads come in all different shapes and sizes.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:01 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
But what if the fellas you meet or are introduced to are all friendly and polite? Can't you give the gym rat a chance?
Sure, I'd give him a chance, but the if he started up with the criticizing what I eat and how/how often I work out, and goes on about body fat percentages and protein supplements, then I'm out. To answer your original question, if I were "gravitate" toward anyone, it would probably be to a less high-maintenance dude.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 11-13-2009 at 04:20 PM..

Old 11-13-2009, 03:10 PM

944 posts, read 2,041,671 times
It would go this way for me: average builds --> skinny guys/gym rat --> overweight

If they're all equally attractive otherwise, then it all comes down to personality, values, and interests which is overall most attractive to me.

Being a gym rat is also an interest, it's just an interest that effects physical build. I've never dated a gym rat and won't pre-judge, but I doubt it would be a good match because it's not one of my interests.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:11 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
nope!

Old 11-13-2009, 03:14 PM

930 posts, read 2,423,892 times
Are you hoping to land a fit woman? In that case I have news for you. You had better be a fit man. Cuz they got options.

Yes overweight will settle for overweight.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:16 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,076,250 times
I work out, too and that would be a common interest. I think it is important to do exercise but if you are vain and conceited because you think 'Damn I am hot 'cause I work out' that will show in your attitude.

Initially, it is about looks for most people, but if that handsome guy opens his mouth and sounds like a dock worker or the chubby guy begins to wax poetic, the chubby guy is going to win out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships