Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 08:18 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Listen... dont get offended.....

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but let's be honest, there are certain white guys that go after Asian women, just because they have an obsession with Asian women.

You surely must see what I'm talking about, I don't doubt that your hubby loves you for you... I'm just saying that there is a certain creepy factor of some guys who don't care about you as a person... they just like "Asian" women.....
We call them Asian fetish boys. Some white guys only like Asian girls because they stereotype them as small, exotic, and submissive.

There are some other men that only date Latinas or black women because they think they are spicy, exotic and freaky.

The list goes on and on, and it is all bad. It doesn't matter if the stereotypes are positive or negative, it is still typecasting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 08:19 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but let's be honest, there are certain white guys that go after Asian women, just because they have an obsession with Asian women.
These men only date Asian women because those are the only kind of women they find attractive. There's nothing creepy about it.

It's no worse than being strictly attracted to people of your own race.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:26 PM

478 posts, read 785,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
These men only date Asian women because those are the only kind of women they find attractive. There's nothing creepy about it.

It's no worse than being strictly attracted to people of your own race.
It's not a matter of better or worse, in my opinion. If I were only attracted to a certain race, I would miss out on the lovely ladies of other races who might be my best partner. Simple as that. Others can have their preferences as they will. I call it missing out, if it's a preference like that.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:39 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonYeti View Post
It's not a matter of better or worse,
You are right.

Quote:
in my opinion. If I were only attracted to a certain race, I would miss out on the lovely ladies of other races who might be my best partner. Simple as that. Others can have their preferences as they will. I call it missing out, if it's a preference like that.
I disagree. How can they be missing out on women they do not find physically attractive?

Perhaps you should consider becoming a bisexual. I mean, who knows, you might be missing out on many lovely men.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:41 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
It really is. Date me because I am fun and make you happy, dont date me because I am black.
If she's half-as@ smart, she won't tell you , unless there's a proven track record of it.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:04 PM

478 posts, read 785,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
You are right.

I disagree. How can they be missing out on women they do not find physically attractive?

Perhaps you should consider becoming a bisexual. I mean, who knows, you might be missing out on many lovely men.
Point taken, however, racial prejudice is learned whereas sexual orientation isn't.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:12 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times
it can go one of 2 ways.. it could be she just likes black men physically or it could be she's fetish-ing you. listen to the things she says about the pass guys,other races of guys and you..and that should tell you.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:18 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byfuglien View Post
A white girl recently told me she has been only with black guys (eight of them). Not all of them were her boyfriend, either.

I felt sort of weird because she is trying to get with me, but I wonder if she likes me, or just the idea of me. There aren't many other blacks around where we're at. I feel that I could just be someone fulfilling her racial fantasy, but I could very well be replaced by another black.

Does anyone else feel this way?
You are a very smart young man. Wait for the right girl for you. If you were my Son, I would not want you settling for a fling w/ someone who obviously doesn't respect herself, so why on earth would she respect you. And, yes, you are probably right that she is just playing the black card. Keep yourself available for the one you will eventually love, who will love you for you....not your color.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:33 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
A lot of the answers to the points we are trying to make can be found in the study of sociobiology.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:08 PM

58 posts, read 127,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Yeah I would just take the opportunity to see what her intentions are. I've dated a few like that before and they were all different. Just keep an open mind.
Thank you sir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships