Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 08:23 AM

199 posts, read 391,299 times

Advertisements

I'm single, in my late 30's seeking a committed relationship with a woman who makes my heart go...THUMP....THUMP...THUMP.

Am I in the minority here or looking for something that does not exist??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 08:34 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Not unless you have a heart condition. Seeking love like that is what makes the world go around.

Just realize it takes a lot of work to keep it going thump, thump, thump.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:35 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
I'd say you're normal, just a little late to dinner. And such relationships DO exist even so. Of course, finding what you seek may take time and a commited effort.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:39 AM

733 posts, read 1,664,023 times
That's admirable. With a little hard work and perseverance, I'm sure you will find the woman that makes your heart go thump thump thump.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:44 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin2012 View Post
I'm single, in my late 30's seeking a committed relationship with a woman who makes my heart go...THUMP....THUMP...THUMP.

I just turned 36 last week, And I can relate. You want to bowled out of your shoes! To find the type of girl you can't wait to see/come home to and have that instant connection with. It's a great thing if found. But the OP below makes a great point. It takes work to keep it exiting. We all experience NRE (New relationship energy) guys,(Gals too) You know what I am talking about. You feel like you can take on the world cause everything is brighter and so positive. This wears off as we "settle" in though. Thats were the continued effort must kick in.

Put yourself out there, be well groomed and put together and you will meet someone. It can and will happen!

Old 04-01-2012, 12:45 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:

It exists & it's magical.

Love in its essence is spiritual fire.
-- Emanuel Swedenborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I just turned 36 last week, And I can relate. You want to bowled out of your shoes! To find the type of girl you can't wait to see/come home to and have that instant connection with. It's a great thing if found. But the OP below makes a great point. It takes work to keep it exiting. We all experience NRE (New relationship energy) guys,(Gals too) You know what I am talking about. You feel like you can take on the world cause everything is brighter and so positive. This wears off as we "settle" in though. Thats were the continued effort must kick in.

Put yourself out there, be well groomed and put together and you will meet someone. It can and will happen!
I like how this comment prepares ya' for the expectation.
Expect to meet the love of your life & you will.

When love isn’t in our lives, it’s on the way. If you know that a special guest is coming at five o’clock, do you spend the day messing up the home? Of course not. You prepare. And that is what we should do for love.
--Marianne Williamson

Old 04-01-2012, 12:46 PM

428 posts, read 900,675 times
I dont think your off base at all it does exisit just takes awhile to find somebody that can make your heart do that...

Old 04-01-2012, 01:00 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:

Just about every woman that I've been that emotionally nuts about has rejected me or treated me badly in a relationship.

I think better looking people and more successful people at dating are more apt to want/need that. They're more likely to have their THUMP reciprocated.

But yea, it's a good feeling and it makes the sex really good. At the end of the day, the THUMP you refer to is mostly lust.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:18 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:

Neither.

MANY folks want what you describe.

And yes, it does exist.

The thing is, you can't go shopping for it per se.

You have to just live your life to the fullest, always working to be the best you that you can be (this is what attracts the top quality women).

Volunteer, join a sports league, take up line dancing - get involved in life!

The more you put yourself out into the world, the more exposure you will have to women of all kinds. This increases your odds of finding "the one".

Old 04-02-2012, 09:10 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:

Oh it exists all right...especially for those who don't set too many standards or prerequisites that a woman must meet before considering whether the THUMP....THUMP....THUMP...is worth pursuing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships