Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:31 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,478,502 times

Advertisements

I question women who think that having hair and nails done makes them a good catch somehow. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 10:50 AM

773 posts, read 1,260,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
I question women who think that having hair and nails done makes them a good catch somehow. lol
Honestly? Yeah, that part of the OP's initial post kinda made me go, "Huh—?"

Sensible women don't need to sit in salons and day spas to get "done." I know how to paint my own nails and touch up my own hair color, thank you very much!

Old 04-04-2012, 10:51 AM

639 posts, read 828,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
I went out with a lady that I met on OKC on Friday night. We had a great conversation.

What got me was, she thinks she's a good catch because she: owns a home, has a job and keeps her hair and nails done.

I find a lot of women think "things" are what entitles them to being a "good catch"

Most guys don't care about that.

We pretty much focus on 2 things: Are you "attractive" to us and are you a "cool person".

Everything else is somewhat minor. As it relates to jobs/title, as long as you can take care of yourself without doing anything illegal, that's all that matters.

Your thoughts?
is she hot?

Old 04-04-2012, 02:35 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,407,485 times
it doesn't sound like you know her well enough
to really judge her by those few things, but
a working woman making her own money is
always a plus.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:47 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,407,210 times
Quote:
I went out with a lady that I met on OKC on Friday night. We had a great conversation.

What got me was, she thinks she's a good catch because she: owns a home, has a job and keeps her hair and nails done.

I find a lot of women think "things" are what entitles them to being a "good catch"

We pretty much focus on 2 things: Are you "attractive" to us and are you a "cool person".

Everything else is somewhat minor. As it relates to jobs/title, as long as you can take care of yourself without doing anything illegal, that's all that matters.

Your thoughts?
If this woman is anything like me, maybe she's heard enough guys p*ss and moan about golddiggers to feel that she needs to highlight her employment status and homeownership. And the hair and nails - I guess this statement was to emphasize that she takes care of herself physically as well. So, she can do for herself, and maintains her appearance as well, out of her own wallet. What's wrong with that?

Old 04-04-2012, 11:22 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:

Your thoughts?
Athough it is not a requirement that she have a her own home and a job, it is definitely a positive that she does. If anything, it implies that she is with you because she wants you, not needs you. So, yeah...she's a catch.

[with that said, what do you bring to the table?]

Old 04-05-2012, 07:38 AM

782 posts, read 1,087,531 times
"Diamonds are a girls best friend." M. Monroe.
"Living in a material world and I am a material girl." Madonna

Old 04-05-2012, 07:45 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,133,008 times
Well I guess you can take me out of the catch bucket, although I do have my own home I am currently unemployed and just retired. I'm not a clothes horse, don't wear makeup and not into jewelry. I do get my hair cut on a regular basis but I don't do my nails. However I do have an outrageous sense of humor and a very content person. Basically if a man or anyone actually doesn't like the way I am then can just move on - its just "tuff".
I think if your trying to determine if someone is a catch you should be looking down the road not just the right now. Would you still feel the same way with this person when your 80.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:48 PM

624 posts, read 763,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post
You have the best posts. And C-D won't let me rep you for all of them ... darnit.

I think that what a woman chooses to share with a man is indicative of what kind of man she wants to begin with. I would never brag about getting a higher education or solid work history. However, it is something that I always told prospective S.O.s about, because the type of man I wish to attract and keep deeply cares about these kinds of thing. He cares that I'm able-bodied, willing to work and that I can contribute to the household. He doesn't want a SAHM type that he'll support for at least 18 years (or even life).

Because I have always worked, my "domestic skills" aren't up to par. I never had the time to hone my skills in cooking, quilting, canning or gardening. I don't have the time to clean house as often as I like, and when I have downtime, I choose not to spend it sitting in a day spa for a mani-pedi.

There are men who do want a more dependent woman. They live for that. I was married to one, and it did not work out for either of us.
I just registered to agree with you both

It is very difficult to find a man who recognizes and appreciates a good work ethic in a woman as much as they appreciate a pretty face or big boobs.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:09 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
"Diamonds are a girls best friend." M. Monroe.
I thought Elizabeth Taylor said that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships